Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

Same here, true 46 and have 46 gloves. Really need to pull hard to get them off and hard to make a fist. Impossible to handle my smartphone single handed or other stuff you would normally do with one hand. But this was as expected. I should wear them more often to make them more flexible.
    Grailed link

Comment

• Indes
      • Feb 2015

His asking price is pretty high but to be fair none of those links you posted are a sz3. I have been looking for a sz 3 and can never find a pair that isn't sz 1 or 2. A size 4 would likely fit perfect but I have never seen one so I am unsure if they were made in a sz 4.
      Last edited by Indes; 05-13-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
        • Jan 2013

I wish this was in sz S, but:
        Rick Owens XS Rick's Jacket (mid collar) SS09, want to say it looks like silky lamb: http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/r125109858

Comment

• Indes
          • Feb 2015

prompt decision AW13 MA-1 in sz M for around $585
          Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Rare Aitor Throup X Stone Island down jacket in L http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...764538&alt=web

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

CCP Metre SE Jacket / Black / Size 50. An odd piece but brings the heat on the right person. Retail was about $4k and I don't know of anyone other than A picking it up. Here for $1,600.

Comment

• blackfedora
              • Jan 2012

Drkshdw exploder hood bomber, size small, more recent season I think, $595.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                Drkshdw exploder hood bomber, size small, more recent season I think, $595.

https://www.therealreal.com/products...w-w-slash-tags
                It's the moleskin version, right? Hmmm, tempted to double-up.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                  • Jul 2010

Rick 2014 Fall/Winter Moody collection black suede jacket 50% off:

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Suede doesn't go with Rick's designs/style at all in my opinion. Somehow it's just all wrong.
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

please explain why.

i think it fits perfectly with the slightly creepy fusty 70's side of the brand. he's done tons of reverse leather, velvet, corderoy and yes suede...

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

i am sure we are derailing the thread a bit but why does suede not fit into his design style? Its a leather option not a pattern. I could see how you would say the cut of a particular jacket doesn't fit a design.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

It just feels wrong, too fancy or something. Don't ask me to justify my stupid opinions, it's unfair!!

e: I'll try anyway. All the Rick I own has a certain "rawness" to it which I love and I've never seen anything done in suede that has it. So probably this is coming from my bias against suede.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            e: I'll try anyway. All the Rick I own has a certain "rawness" to it which I love and I've never seen anything done in suede that has it. So probably this is coming from my bias against suede.
                            there are certain swede pieces that have that rawness, for example the burnished swede bomber from last year
                            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• the breaks
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                              there are certain swede pieces that have that rawness, for example the burnished swede bomber from last year
                              Yeah, definitely. But "burnished" anything would have that, probably Unless the word is more marketing than actual treatment...
                              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I know what the breaks is trying to say. Suede is too Gucci. His thought process maybe did not go this far, but I really like the idea that materials are not inherently anything, it's the properties that we assigne to materials through experience (plastic = garish and cheap, suede - sleazy posh, concrete = brutalist). Materials are good and bad or whatever insofar as how they are used. Plastic can be bad, but in the hands of a good designer it can be good. Plywood is considered cheap, but Rick turned that on its head too. Rei Kawakubo elevated the lowly polyester into fashion material. Etc. etc. So, maybe depends on the kind of suede and what you do with it.

There is a Robert Pirsig quite that I keep coming back to and I've posted here before. "Neither is the ugliness inherent in the materials of modern technology ... a statement you sometimes hear. Mass-produced plastics and synthetics aren't in themselves bad. They've just acquired bad associations. A person who's lived inside stone walls of a prison most of his life is likely to see stone as an inherently ugly material, even though it's also the prime material of sculpture, and a person who's lived in a prison of ugly plastic technology that started with his childhood toys and continues through a lifetime of junky consumer products is likely to see this material as inherently ugly. But the real ugliness of modern technology isn't found in any material or shape or act or product. These are just the objects in which the low Quality appears to reside. It's our habit of assigning Quality to subjects or objects that gives this impression."
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎