Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

I suppose this loops back into the persistent discussion of what constitutes copy-pasting and what constitutes homage or inspiration. That also sometimes has to do with how recognizable or "iconic" the element being referenced is.

To me A1923 is not quite so distinct as this shite:

But your point definitely stands. At least she has the balls to openly admit she's ripping Rick off in interviews.

Comment

• Tiranis
      • Feb 2007

Even if one were to agree with the claim that A1923 is nothing but a copycat label, there's still the craft to fallback on. Surely no one will deny that Simone is very good at that aspect?

As for Cinzia Araia, even if it weren't mostly a rip-off of other brands, it would still be straight-up garbage.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

Yeah that works for me.

On another note this seller has a couple MA+ longsleeves for sale for $150: https://www.grailed.com/users/36618-...queen/wardrobe

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
          Yeah that works for me.

On another note this seller has a couple MA+ longsleeves for sale for $150: https://www.grailed.com/users/36618-...queen/wardrobe
          His thread on SZ
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

Searching for Silk / Linen coat? We’ve got Ma+ Men's Tops starting at $332 and plenty of other Men's Tops. Shop our selection of Ma+ today!

ma+ coat for 410, pretty good to me. seller also has somoe taichi murakami stuff, shame it probably wouldn't fit me.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Lots of boots for 400, tees around 90, pants around 200, leathers around 400.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Lots of boots for 400, tees around 90, pants around 200, leathers around 400.
                Looks like I'm gonna have to find a proxy. Thanks for that.

What sort of stuff is usually around there?

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                  What sort of stuff is usually around there?
                  In what sense? The location near the sample sale space or what were they stocking?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

In what sense? The location near the sample sale space or what were they stocking?
                    Stocking. Like, should I look at his latest runway show to get an idea of what's going to be there or is it just going to be a mismash and I should mostly look to see what he tends to repeat every season or two to gauge what might be there? Thanks.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

I'd say the latter, it mostly looked like SS 15 judging by what Ink has on sale but I'm not super acquainted with his work.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                        Stocking. Like, should I look at his latest runway show to get an idea of what's going to be there or is it just going to be a mismash and I should mostly look to see what he tends to repeat every season or two to gauge what might be there? Thanks.
                        A mixture of samples and previous season backstock with emphasis on S15. Maybe 10-15 pairs of shoes total when I went and 4 sparsely filled racks with nothing really pre-dating 2014. If you're a 46 in Plokhov, you can clean house (I did). Prices were solid, staff were friendly, and the man himself was kicking about. Unless they plan on restocking, I can't imagine a proxy being worth your time or theirs because most things probably went quick as there wasn't a ton of stuff to begin with.
                        "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                          A mixture of samples and previous season backstock with emphasis on S15. Maybe 10-15 pairs of shoes total when I went and 4 sparsely filled racks with nothing really pre-dating 2014. If you're a 46 in Plokhov, you can clean house (I did). Prices were solid, staff were friendly, and the man himself was kicking about. Unless they plan on restocking, I can't imagine a proxy being worth your time or theirs because most things probably went quick as there wasn't a ton of stuff to begin with.
                          Well damn. Good to know. Hopefully someone throws stuff on the Classifieds without asking for too much extra.

Comment

• Indes
                            • Feb 2015

Rick suede boots SZ44 for 330 shipped
                            Searching for Naska Biker? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Footwear starting at $243 and plenty of other Men's Footwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

CCP purple wrap boots SZ 9 (eu44) for 500 shipped (kop on sight actually)
                            Searching for Purple wraparound boots? We’ve got Carol Christian Poell Men's Footwear starting at $490 and plenty of other Men's Footwear. Shop our selection of Carol Christian Poell today!

Both of these listings seem almost too good to be true since both the posters have 0 feedback on grailed so proceed with caution but paypal always has your back anyway right.

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

^
                              They don't ship abroad though, only for Nordic countries.
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎