X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
    ^ literally everybody sells these at the moment, most of them hardly used. Is there anything wrong with this particular model? I can imagine them being hard to integrate in an outfit...
    I have three pairs of these. I'm selling one of them at the moment because it doesn't match my style (I bought them oversized to wear them like this some years back). But I'm keeping the two others because it's a model I like and it took me forever to find the right pairs.

They are two things you need to know, imo.

First, they are high-waisted pants. And they are best worn that way. There is some flare at the hips so you have to wear them in such a way this matches your body. So if you want to look like Fred Astaire this is great. I love this look, I have two pairs of these, I can match them easily with suit jacket or with a cropped top, and kind of look professional, and if I find the right fabric I would get another one.

Which brings me to the second point. I bought and sold a number of these and part of the reason is because to be worn the way I like them, the fabric has to have a certain stiffness to it. And that's harder to find.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by stagename View Post
      I have three pairs of these. I'm selling one of them at the moment because it doesn't match my style (I bought them oversized to wear them like this some years back). But I'm keeping the two others because it's a model I like and it took me forever to find the right pairs.

They are two things you need to know, imo.

First, they are high-waisted pants. And they are best worn that way. There is some flare at the hips so you have to wear them in such a way this matches your body. So if you want to look like Fred Astaire this is great. I love this look, I have two pairs of these, I can match them easily with suit jacket or with a cropped top, and kind of look professional, and if I find the right fabric I would get another one.

Which brings me to the second point. I bought and sold a number of these and part of the reason is because to be worn the way I like them, the fabric has to have a certain stiffness to it. And that's harder to find.

Hope that helps.
      So to part one, wearing them low looks bad (pocket flare and such)?

To part two, what if you starched them like a shirt?

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

https://www.grailed.com/listings/204...aw03-pcl-parka

Well this is making the rounds. I'm not really a Raf Simons aficionado, but even I've seen my fair share of this coat! price is STEEP
        Originally posted by Faust
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Not sure if it's a good find at 10 grand but certainly interesting.

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
            Not sure if it's a good find at 10 grand but certainly interesting.
            Certainly not price wise, but pretty good in other terms! Comments are definitely amazing
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post

To part two, what if you starched them like a shirt?
              1: Yes imo.
              2: I never thought of that and now I'm thinking of all the time and efforts involved in buying selling previous pairs of pants and I'm a bit upset at my own ignorance.

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

How would you wear astaires high-waisted? Are they really intended to create a cropped thombrownesque look?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by newp View Post
                  How would you wear astaires high-waisted? Are they really intended to create a cropped thombrownesque look?
                  Newer astaires don't fit as high as the older ones. They are my favorite pants, both the newer (more relaxed fitting) as the older one's (FW12/SS13).

Though FW12 is among my favorite shows, esspecially because of the styling with the high waisted trousers.

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                    Newer astaires don't fit as high as the older ones. They are my favorite pants, both the newer (more relaxed fitting) as the older one's (FW12/SS13).

Though FW12 is among my favorite shows, esspecially because of the styling with the high waisted trousers.
                    It certainly looks better with high-waisted placement but they are too short in this case, that's my problem. :(

Comment

• HugAndWug
                      • Aug 2014

good price on these l-0 x inaisce derbies.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                        I think they look great worn low, at least cropped ones. this is the way I wear them. of course, a very different look compared to wearing them high on the waist.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                          Ugh... I've been keeping an eye out for these in 43 for a while. Did any show up at the sample sale?
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            Ugh... I've been keeping an eye out for these in 43 for a while. Did any show up at the sample sale?

no, there was only one at the sale, a 42 in a light grey that i want. He might still have it.
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• HugAndWug
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              no, there was only one at the sale, a 42 in a light grey that i want. He might still have it.
                              i'm guessing it was this prototype?

Comment

• stagename
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                I think they look great worn low, at least cropped ones.
                                The cropped ones I have are straighter than the long ones.

Also beyondthemeans is right the newer astaires are much more like a normal pair of pants with a long crotch... But I believe that the ones for sale that were shown were an earlier version.

how tall are you newp?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎