X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Good Finds

So.... some lurker on here outbid me on the CCP bag using a proxy. I was pretty irritated by that but c'est la vie. Means it wasn't meant to be. I would rather put that money towards a nice pair of shoes anyways so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Like someone else said though... clearly "dibs" means nothing except to the regulars on here. Way too many lurkers for your items to be safe guys! Just be careful what you show and then call dibs on at the same time. Someone may very well just pop in and screw you over unfortunately.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• analog
      • Dec 2006

How do you know he/she is from here if they used a proxy?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

The winner had 650+ feedback and all items range in terms of what they are... from music cd's to anime etc. It's too wide a range of items and very few (I saw none actually) luxury goods won. Most definitely a proxy.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Yea, after looking over Y! Jp auctions for a little while, you can start to tell which ones are proxies as well.

That's too bad Albert, but shoes are always a good purchase! But I agree, if I want to place a bid on something, I don't even post it in here...haha. :D
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• uparmoured
            • Sep 2007

That sucks Albert... Maybe we should only post the pictures of the items without the links to auctions and others can PM the poster for the link (which can and will prove troublesome)... Either that or run this list in a private forum of trusted member if this problem gets out of hand...

FS: M.A+
            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Hehe, yeah... I mean, this is the first time it has happened to me but it seems like (from DHC's posting a while ago) that it's not an uncommon thing. Really obnoxious!

Cas is right though, when I've purchased items from Y!, you don't see the photo or hear much of a peep about it until it has been won.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

That sucks arse! I actually really wanted to see you take that bag Albert. I know you've been searching for a while and I was fairly certain that it would have fulfilled your needs for a bag large and sturdy enough to accommodate all of your books..on top of which it would have fit your sense of style perfectly. I'm not posting dibs anymore after this debacle of trust! [71]
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Dave, I know right?

I'd edit your earlier post. I know you didn't link it but... just to be sure you get it you know? Good luck brother!

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Good call Albert. That post has been taken care of. Thanks. So your in the market for the large accordion bag? The same one A had sold out of? I'll keep an eagle eye out for it. If I find it I'll let you know.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• winQ
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

That's pretty much the jist of things.. I never post things here that I
                      intend to bid on, simply because this board is an open board, and
                      lurkers are always on the prowl. Not to mention bidding against other
                      members. Infact there's probably a couple items I'm already bidding
                      against other members for(unknowningly of course), but better to keep
                      it on the down low than blow it up to everyone. Best thing to do
                      is probably just PM another member the link to an item if you know
                      they've been searching for it[8-|].

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]Good call Albert. That post has been taken care of. Thanks. So your in the market for the large accordion bag? The same one A had sold out of? I'll keep an eagle eye out for it. If I find it I'll let you know.
                        [/quote]

Thanks brother!

It's this one:

I haven't seen it anywhere aside from Minorityrev's blog. I don't believe A carried it (I think they only got the superlarge accordion bag with the raw edged top flap, not any kind that had a closing clasp). I'm not dying for the bag really (my homemade accordion messenger bag is suiting me just lovely), but am definitely curious as to the price... I've got two pairs of CCP gloves at A spoken for whenever they arrive from Carol to A, and I may be getting a pair of oxfords so I'm good for a bit haha. Damn these guys for creating such awesome designs season after season!

Comment

• winQ
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

Albert, I never realized you were de***** on y!. I bid ALOT against you
                          a couple months back, almost every julius item I put a bid on was
                          outbid by you, and then re-bidded by me..haha

Comment

• badseeds
                            • Mar 2007

sigh...so sorry to hear none of you guyswon that bag....argh...

maybe it would be better if this thread was accessible only to contributors... i dunno....

anyway, this cdiem shirt is ending in 8 hrs...

hope ppl herecould work it out in a good way..

Comment

• klangspiel
                              • Apr 2007

A good idea would be to keep this sub-forum private -- at least that might prevent some public onlookers, i.e. trolls.

Then again, jumping to the conclusion that an outbid is a consequence of someone sharing a link here is a bit too quick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="winQ"]Albert, I never realized you were de***** on y!. I bid ALOT against you a couple months back, almost every julius item I put a bid on was outbid by you, and then re-bidded by me..haha[/quote]

Haha, that's actually a friend of mine that is into these brands as well. He just bid for me when I see an item that I like. He's a big julius fan as well (thanks to this forum and me hahaha)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎