• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pace
    • Apr 2007

Re: as of now, very loooow bid

sorry

didnt mean to mislead anyone on those...

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

Not a problem! I mean, they could be authentic, but I'm wary of most goods from China on eBay (with the exception of cell phone accessories).

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

Scott.. I agree with you.. always be very wary of goods from China... there was alot of Dsquared stuff and Galliano stuff sold over eBay from China.. and most of the buyer thinks they are real, and if you look very closely they are not.. and the buyer still leave good feedbacks... which...to each his own I guess

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

if they're fakes they're really good ones and someone's gone to a lot of trouble to do it. don't understand how they could have so many though in different sizes.....

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

Re: re: good finds

[quote user="sam_tem"]

great Ann D. coat in a size XS on the cheap

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g56632872

[/quote]

dibbbbbbbbs please!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Good luck, but don't sweat it if you don't win it - I though it was on a mediocre side, personally.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]if they're fakes they're really good ones and someone's gone to a lot of trouble to do it. don't understand how they could have so many though in different sizes.....[/quote]

Apparently there is an industry in China that produces incredibly good fakes, you just gotta know where to look. That's hearsay, of course. Alternatively, maybe much more is made in China than we know of [72]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tofu
                  • Nov 2007

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]

[quote user="tofu"]wow, there's some really good stuff on these yahoo japan auctions. i need to learn how this whole proxy business works.
                  [/quote]

It can be really hit or miss, usually frustrating but sometimes you land the deal of a lifetime..which makes it worth the hassle.

[/quote]

judging from what i see, most of them seem to be at least 30% below retail.

i'm in the market for a new leather jacket, and these attachment, rick owens and ma+ jackets interest me (aesthetically speaking). i'd love something from ccp, but that's out of my price range for now.

i live in nyc, and i'm not sure where or when i'd find such niche labels on sale. something from neil barrett may be easier for me to acquire on sale though.

i'm hoping to put a cloak leather jacket i bought at their going-out-of-business sale once i reach 50 posts. hopefully that will mitigate most of the cost of my future purchase.

Comment

• Orochi
                    • Sep 2007

I have to say, from personal experience with this particulalr seller, that he sells genuine goods. I've bought a Gossuin dinner jacket and a Burberry Prorsum shirt from him before and there is no doubt they were authentic. He was involved with a designer boutique in Shanghai called THRE3 and I believe that's the main source of his items, beside his own personal closet.

I might actually get a pair of the Lanvin sneaks from him, if he has my size.

Comment

• mesh
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Alternatively, maybe much more is made in China than we know of [72][/quote]

You meanstuffbeing produced there beingintentionally mismarked or due to finishing in another country? Scary.

How can one ever be sure.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

[quote user="Faust"]Alternatively, maybe much more is made in China than we know of [72][/quote]

You meanstuffbeing produced their beingintentionally mismarked or due to finishing in another country? Scary.

How can one ever be sure.

[/quote]

Yep. Orochi maybe right though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="tofu"]

judging from what i see, most of them seem to be at least 30% below retail.

i'm in the market for a new leather jacket, and these attachment, rick owens and ma+ jackets interest me (aesthetically speaking). i'd love something from ccp, but that's out of my price range for now.

i live in nyc, and i'm not sure where or when i'd find such niche labels on sale. something from neil barrett may be easier for me to acquire on sale though.

i'm hoping to put a cloak leather jacket i bought at their going-out-of-business sale once i reach 50 posts. hopefully that will mitigate most of the cost of my future purchase.

[/quote]

Or, you people interested might PM him now for pictures! But good of you to follow the rules. I've seen too many peeps here join just to unload stuff.

Did you mean you were looking for those niche brands at sale prices? Because they're available in NYC, at many SZ favored stores.

Comment

• tofu
                            • Nov 2007

[quote user="bakla"]

Or, you people interested might PM him now for pictures! But good of you to follow the rules. I've seen too many peeps here join just to unload stuff.

Did you mean you were looking for those niche brands at sale prices? Because they're available in NYC, at many SZ favored stores.

[/quote]

yup, looking for them at sale prices. nothing insane, but a good 20-30% off retail wouldn't hurt.

i read atelier carries most of these labels, but i've also heard their prices are marked up more than others!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i wouldn't necessarily say they're marked up more than others just because of the fact that it's a privately owned shop and the overhead in the space, location, etc... as well as import taxes, exchange rates that they have to pay on the goods that they import.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

We have to support this kind of spaces like A, they make possible the work of all this great designers. They take the risk to buy unknown and expensive stuff. Even if they have to mark up to support the shop, we have to understand the context.

The big shops, and deparment stores play safer and take profit of the workof others.

[/quote]

Very true...its like supporting your favorite record store because you hate best buy/walmart/etc...selection > mark-up

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎