Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: Good finds

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="casem83"]

That vest is tempting. Sorry I'm sure this has been mentioned
    before, but does Brown's screw you on shipping/taxes? I've never
    ordered from them...

[quote user="Faust"]Ann Dem vest at Browns, half price, XS.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

shipping is 20gbp that will be offset by the immediate VAT deduction. the one time i ordered from browns, my package came by dhl and i was not charged customs fees. YMMV, of course.

[/quote]

They're at least better about that than Oki-ni. I ust got a email from Kiki at Oki-ni and she said they wouldn't remove the VAT and that we would have to handle that ourselves. For an all-online, purportedly international business, that's a pretty unsatisfactory practice, IMHO.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

that's ridiculous. don't they all use a drop-in checkout engine? taxes should be built into it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
        • Sep 2006

the one time i ordered from browns i had to pay customs and taxes (dhl).

Comment

• Pradasa
          • Sep 2007

LUC trousers, size 30, Yoox

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/LABEL+...s/searchResult

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

drkshdw hoodies, XS, Raf Simons Metallic hi-tops, Lad Musician coats

Amalga in Soho ( 212.334.1014) had a few interesting pieces in their rather eclectic array of clothing. drkshdw hoodies in XS (definitely size 44, as they were way too tight for me) at 50%, so around $250, in black and dust. These ones were short and really just like regular hoodies.

Also the Raf metallic hi-top in black, (see pic at Seven) I think also at 50% off. They had a 42 in the store but I didn't ask about sizes.

They also had these Lad Musician coats at 50% off, in black and red size 48s, although they fit like a 46.

Comment

• Chim
              • Dec 2006

Re: drkshdw hoodies, XS, Raf Simons Metallic hi-tops, Lad Musician coats

do they ship? Any idea what the price for the metallic raf tops are now that they are 50%? Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

I got there when they were closing for the night so I didn't even catch the price, but pretty much everything in the store was 50 - 60% off. I'd give them a call, but they should ship - I was considering it to lessen sales tax by having items shipped to a friend in Jersey. But that way you can inquire about stuff. Ask for Jonathan or Yuki.

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

I'm actually really digging this fresh pair of funk. Andy, these are your size if you can handle them. hehee

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I think Albert talked about seeing those at L'e when he went to Paris. Those are indeed funky.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

good finds

Might be 05?

Comment

• generic_guy
                        • Mar 2007

Re: LUC trousers, size 30, Yoox

[quote user="Pradasa"]

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/LABEL+...s/searchResult

[/quote]

I don't know if everyone is already aware of this but these show as size 36 when I click the link when they're actually size 30.

If you click on the size it says labelled an Italian size 46, despite the fact I have emailed them about it more than once they still label any trousers were the sizing is Italian as Italian size minus 10, when it should be minus 16 for trousers (minus 10 is for jackets/tops).

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious but just in case...

Comment

• random
                          • Dec 2007

just keep in mind those do NOT have belt loops...or I will be all over them...
                          I don't exist.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                            • Sep 2006

cloak jkthttp://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r42514144

Comment

• Pinoy
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="bellapietra1501"]cloak jkt http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r42514144[/quote]

Awesome jacket. The BIN price (~$530) is very reasonable too... someone should snatch this up quick!

Comment

• drexl
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c155638436

size m, but what season in this? Looks similar to f/w 03, but tags are more current.. ideas?

[/quote]

That jacket was from spring 05, though from a very late delivery. Leather was very thick and stiff :(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎