X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: good finds

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Oh neat! This one is the medium sized one. There is a small one (actually for sale at the Library), this one and the large one. The large one is about 5 feet in diameter. This one is about 3 feet maybe? Like john said, unwearable.... Just a neat art piece for the floor. I think I have photos of mine somewhere..... KH and Minorityrev both have them in their store but not for sale I dont think. Now, one of the Ccp giant gloves just needs to show up online for sale.....[/quote]

They have one for sale at Maxfield. I believe the princely sum of $10K is the price. Very cool fixture for the home as well. Albert, did you pick up one of those spiral belts? Those are pretty gnarly.

Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

he got one of the giant rug sized ones!

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Oh neat! This one is the medium sized one. There is a small one (actually for sale at the Library), this one and the large one. The large one is about 5 feet in diameter. This one is about 3 feet maybe? Like john said, unwearable.... Just a neat art piece for the floor. I think I have photos of mine somewhere..... KH and Minorityrev both have them in their store but not for sale I dont think. Now, one of the Ccp giant gloves just needs to show up online for sale.....[/quote]

They have one for sale at Maxfield. I believe the princely sum of $10K is the price. Very cool fixture for the home as well. Albert, did you pick up one of those spiral belts? Those are pretty gnarly.

[/quote]

Whoa. They actually have one?! $10 is... too much. Can you actually sit on it? I don't really have much of an idea as to the exact scale. Talk about a badass fixture in the house though.

CR is right, I have the largest spiral belt-rug. They used an entire bull hide to make it. Requires quite a large flawless hide. They had it at L'Eclaireur Rue Herold and I day tripped it there to pick it up when I was in Berlin. Definitely a fun piece and strangely enough it was only about $1500. [73]

Thanks for the Maxfield's info! Damn, I'm really curious about that place... one day I'll make it over there.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

... maybe one day the glove will show up at Bleu [86]

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]... maybe one day the glove will show up at Bleu [86][/quote]

always a dreamer...

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

one day.......

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

heehee...nothing wrong with dreaming. After all, sometimes dreams come true. Unlikely in this instance though. The owner has a strong affinity for Poell's work, so things
                tend to drift to the storage room only to resurface at a later time. The jeans that disappeared on Cas only to reappear a year later for me to snag is a prime example. I think he set the stratospheric price on the glove so that it wouldn't sell, so that he could keep it as a permanent store fixture. [86] It is proudly and prominently displayed in the center of the men's aisle.

Man Albert! That's a great deal you got on that sprial belt/rug. Do you have pictures of it layed out or have you stored it in a climate controlled vault? Wicked score on that one!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• JohnFG
                  • May 2007

hehe...David: you should have a closer look at the new C2 homepage...and you will see it :)
                  Lovely piece!

JF

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

haha..Yeah John! I saw it as the background image for the C2 pages. Everyone should go over there, check out the site and spend some time doing a little shopping for themselves. The site looks phenomenal with it in the background for sure and Albert's is offering some stellar pieces. And that belt is definitely a stunning showcase piece. I'd love to see that thing spread out on the floor amongst furniture to get an idea of just how massive it is.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

[quote user="JohnFG"]hehe...David: you should have a closer look at the new C2 homepage...and you will see it :)
                      Lovely piece!

JF

[/quote]

very subtle indeed. I didn't realize what that was until you guys pointed it out...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks for the kind words DHC :)

Yeah, it's a pretty subtle effect that i went for with the belt background. Something that wouldn't be too distracting but would also be better than plain ol black. It's actually so dark that on some computers (including this one I'm at here at the hospital library) just register it as black.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

here are a couple of photos I dug up from the day after i lugged the thing back:

If you guys know the rough size of the CCP buckle, it'll give you an idea of the size. Poor Boris and Nathalie had to work real hard to coil it up so that it would fit into a shopping bag for the flight back for me. [:$][73]

Comment

• JohnFG
                            • May 2007

Albert,

I like the understatement, clean design of your new C2 website a lot.
                            Fits perfect to the items you're selling.
                            Keep the good work going man!

JF

Comment

• bearlylegal
                              • Jan 2008

buttons are on women's side for sure (on the photo it is unbuttoned) but sizing is quite strange. i owe one coat from helmut and there is the same thing - men's size, button's on right side, black tag (also i have men's pieces with all white tags which are usually on women's line) and cut somehow pretty unisex... btw, wanted to bid on that coat too ;-)

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

here are a couple of photos I dug up from the day after i lugged the thing back:

If you guys know the rough size of the CCP buckle, it'll give you an idea of the size. Poor Boris and Nathalie had to work real hard to coil it up so that it would fit into a shopping bag for the flight back for me. [:$][73]

[/quote]

Christ man!!! That thing is fucking huuuuuge!! I could imagine Boris and Nathalie having to work together to coil that up. Haha. Golden!!

Sartorialoft

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎