• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Good finds

Lovin those red CCPs!

A moderately good amount of Linea is present at IF:

a beautiful jacket (size 46) with the triangular hood thing (but it's off center... really cool... I WISH it fit.. I would have picked it up in an instant) $600

Linea self-cut shirts (two for $135ish)

Linea black drawstring pants $300ish

Leather pants for around $700-800. Small sizes though

Linea flap black pants

Nothing for me aside from some items for my store and 2 white Uniqlo tees ($4.80 each!)

The Linea travel bag at IF is AMAZING. I almost dropped the $1475 on it. The stitchwork blew my mind and just the overall construction is top notch. Sick piece.

I think I may call dibs on the red CCP boots ;)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

The Dior bloodwound shirt sold for mere $595? Didn't they used to go for close to $1k?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

the sleeves alone are worth $400. ;)

Comment

• broderick
          • Dec 2006

Does anyone think this piece could could on a slim, 5'9 male like myself?

It looks soooooo nice, I wanna pick it up for myself!

[quote user="Faust"]

Stunning Ann Dem women's leather jacket - best leather jacket she has ever made in my opinion - french 40 (US 44), $399

[/quote]

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

If you are size 46 it might fit over a tshirt. it could be too short though, she tends to crop her jackets pretty high.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• khiev
              • Nov 2006

wouldnt it be kinda weird though, I would suppose that even if it fit you chest wise, there would be some excess saggy fabric at the chest intended to make space for a woman's bust, no?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]wouldnt it be kinda weird though, I would suppose that even if it fit you chest wise, there would be some excess saggy fabric at the chest intended to make space for a woman's bust, no?
                [/quote]

not really. have you looked at models lately? :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

ColdRice, check this out.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]ColdRice, check this out.
                    [/quote]

ah, for sale by a member of this very forum!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

who?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="designersheep"]ahh... those Poell boots... I really like the orange one hehe

Surfing at work on Sunday...
                        Japanese Yahoo auctions

Linea jacket wool version

The seller doesn't have the tag, but given the chest measurements of 49cm it would probably be ideal for someone who wears 46. Starting at 65000 yen. Used.
                        http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u8949128

Blur leather jacket

Never heard of the brand, so did some google and didn't get much info other than bunch of terribly ugly looking leatherwears; but this one does look good. No? :)
                        Size 46, worn twice, starting at 20000yen.
                        http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m37576250

Julius knit

Size 2, charcoal. Pit to pit measures 54cm, but probably tighter due to the twisty effect. Albert picked up the same one in black, I think. Have you received it yet? Starting bid 17000yen.
                        http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f54991215

Carol Christian Poell knit

Not yahoo auctions. Size 46, but the site has no measurements or whatsoever. Rank A. I did see the same knit from another site a long time ago, and it was pretty loose fit I think. 20790yen.
                        http://cart1.fc2.com/cart/kindhorie/...5c33ac2afe5894

I'm clearly bored.
                        [/quote]

Nice finds list!

I wish that Linea jacket fit me :(

There was a really beautiful one at IF on sale for $600. Too bad it was... not my size haha. Probably closer to a Carpe 2 or 1 even.

My Julius twist shirt is actually not the knit version but the long sleeved tee version. I also got the short sleeved one too for good measure. Deuxmille sent them today I believe so I'll get them around wednesday thanks to the incredibly fast Japan-USA EMS system. Very curious as to how the CCP twist pants look as he described them as "burnt out velvet in some parts". Exciting hahaha

LanceP on here got the knit version in a dusty color. Almost black I believe.

I also popped into C21 this weekend to find... just about nothing. They had this Linea hooded sweatshirt but not only was it 2XL, but it still rung up as $500. I think this was an error since it had been moved down to the first floor clearance and thus should be 65% off their original price (which was indeed $500 since I asked about it a month or so earlier). I went back to the next day and it was gone though... too bad, I wanted to see if I could get them to let me have it at the correct price and then I could re-tailor it to fit.

My mind is still on that Linea large travel/messenger bag at IF. Oh the details.... all the digital stitchwork, the asymmetrical buttons, the leather, the structure... I could go on and on! I don't know if it's a piece I'd be able to come across again! Ah well... at $1475 they cost more than my CCP boots. I shouldn't get the bag....

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Oh for you New York cats,

a bunch of Margiela just came in at C21 as well. Pretty decent prices!

Comment

• high_contrast
                            • Oct 2006

^Possible to get a breakdown of the Margiela and price points?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Sorry, I just saw the rack there. I'm not a big MMM fan (too basic for me, but I understand where he's comin from) so I didn't look twice. A MMM tee was around $35-40 when I glanced at it.

Someone who goes there for a stronger look may be able to help you out more. Maybe Faust will make a trip ? :)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I"ve seen it - it's nothing special. Most of it is slightly irregular and you still pay $120-170 for a pair of pants, $65 for a tee, and $300+ for a blazer. I like Margiela and I haven't bought a Margiela piece at Century in ages, even though they have a rack every season.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎