• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
    hmmm, ok last time, i promise, but i dont get it.
    AS far as i know reading the Rick thread there exist 3 versions.
    Lamb, blistered lamb and calf.

the puffy one on the NY store pics is declared as blistered lamb, Tangerines jacket is different and is declared as (the regular) lamb and this one is calf. Which one does P own? The same (regular) lamb as Tangerine? It cant be the blistered lamb since it is not the puffy version...
    You can spot the blistered lamb easily - it has rough texture.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Diss View Post
      i was highly tempted the first time i saw them on SUFU, if only they were 42s. Anyone know if they fit one size down?
      No, they don't (I own the pastel green version).

Comment

• andrewislasorad
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
        hmmm, ok last time, i promise, but i dont get it.
        AS far as i know reading the Rick thread there exist 3 versions.
        Lamb, blistered lamb and calf.

the puffy one on the NY store pics is declared as blistered lamb, Tangerines jacket is different and is declared as (the regular) lamb and this one is calf. Which one does P own? The same (regular) lamb as Tangerine? It cant be the blistered lamb since it is not the puffy version...
        Okay, here we go:

Lamb

Calf

Neoprene Blistered Lamb

*Pnid, Tangerines, and mine are all Lamb [varying levels of washes and fit from jacket to jacket, also depends on color: black/dust/drkshdw/milk]

I hope that answers that question once and for all.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

^
          I just got my money to order the lamb in Small from thecorner, I was so happy, put it in the shopping basket and went for checkout.

"Size is out" !!!111 they just hadn't updated their stock, now it's only an M left. Shit. >_<

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Woooo!

Man, the lamb takes it.

If that guy can't make the calf look good... I dunno.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
              ^
              I just got my money to order the lamb in Small from thecorner, I was so happy, put it in the shopping basket and went for checkout.

"Size is out" !!!111 they just hadn't updated their stock, now it's only an M left. Shit. >_<
              Just get the medium, see how tight it runs, the corner's return policy is awesome [aka yoox]

My medium ran super small, it measured:
              shoulders 15.75"
              widest armpit 19"
              waist 16"

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                Woooo!

Man, the lamb takes it.

I think all calf jackets just ran larger, at least in comparison to the other leathers and treatments.

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

They have free returns right? And "it doesn't fit" is a legible return-thingie?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

RO leather is still pretty inferior to others imo. but it's all about the cut and styling.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                      RO leather is still pretty inferior to others imo. but it's all about the cut and styling.
                      Inferior as in "he orders a lower rating of leather from inferior tanneries" or inferior as in "I don't like it"? Because I see no reason to say it is inferior to any of the leathers discussed here, to be honest I'm not even sure who uses the best aside from the obvious (Séraphin for Hermès). I have a hard time judging non-standard leathers like CCP, RO and etc as they are heavily altered, I do better with regular leather and can usually spot and somewhat grade it. The best I've seen on a leather piece gotta be Carpe, I have to give them that.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

my comparison is based on having owned two RO leathers and two ccp leathers and a cdiem leather shirt. the RO leathers were the shearling and the washed lamb leather hooded jacket and both were inferior in terms of touch and feel. neither felt nice and just appeared quite cheap especially when compared to ccp calf leather and cdiem leather as well. again, it's just a personal opinion. but i'm always right. lulz.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          Woooo!

Man, the lamb takes it.

i only buy the best, first.
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            my comparison is based on having owned two RO leathers and two ccp leathers and a cdiem leather shirt. the RO leathers were the shearling and the washed lamb leather hooded jacket and both were inferior in terms of touch and feel. neither felt nice and just appeared quite cheap especially when compared to ccp calf leather and cdiem leather as well. again, it's just a personal opinion. but i'm always right. lulz.
                            I think Rick's Leather has come quite a ways since the AW06 shearling or even the AW07 hooded jacket, this year he has introduced quite a few new leather types, and as a whole the quality has improved greatly in my eyes.

I'm not sure it's fair either to compare it to CCP or Carpe, as those jackets are for the most part are double the price tag of what Rick is offering. I think the only thing that really challenges Rick would be Julius, with their Ram/Lamb leathers.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                              • Nov 2008

re: raf simons knit -how about you not remove the link, cus i'm selling it and really need the cash.

pow!
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300272050033

[QUOTE=B.S;99743]faust, could you remove the link to the raf simons-knit?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[QUOTE=hamletpowpowpow;100213]re: raf simons knit -how about you not remove the link, cus i'm selling it and really need the cash.

pow!
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300272050033

Originally posted by B.S View Post
                                faust, could you remove the link to the raf simons-knit?

hamlet, i dont think you understand how this thread works.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎