Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stadsvandringar
    • Aug 2008

It's very possible that those fukubukuro were already opened, although it looks like the isetan bags at least still have their tape in tact.

The fukubukuro bags in my opinion are usually a bunch of slow sellers mixed together. The "deal" is that you're paying much less than the retail price, but you of course run the risk of getting something hideous. As these are usually past-season items (that have often already been on sale), chances are the really cool stuff is already long gone. The bags are usually arranged by size, and sometimes more specifically by outer wear, t-shirts, etc., and can start at different price points.

That said, the price for the WJK bag seems very high, in spite of the fact that the seller says the contents are valued around $3-4k. Who would take a $700+ risk not knowing what they're getting?

Comment

• Huxley
      • Dec 2007

Paul Harnden Blazer

XL

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
        It's very possible that those fukubukuro were already opened, although it looks like the isetan bags at least still have their tape in tact.

The fukubukuro bags in my opinion are usually a bunch of slow sellers mixed together. The "deal" is that you're paying much less than the retail price, but you of course run the risk of getting something hideous. As these are usually past-season items (that have often already been on sale), chances are the really cool stuff is already long gone. The bags are usually arranged by size, and sometimes more specifically by outer wear, t-shirts, etc., and can start at different price points.

That said, the price for the WJK bag seems very high, in spite of the fact that the seller says the contents are valued around $3-4k. Who would take a $700+ risk not knowing what they're getting?
        That's the fun of the grab-bag concept. I guess those in Japan are willing to take it to the next monetary level you know?

I would definitely be tempted by some of them, but you really gotta trust em that it's unopened (although most do look legit)
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

always thought the concept was kind of fun. but also out of my reach because its probably all 5 sizes small for me
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            LOL, I think I've heard that comment before. Something tells me that in person, like oh-so-many things CDiem, it will blow you away.

That's true for that horizontally knit LMaltieri sweater. Never seen this variant but the horizontal knit used to show up on yahoo all the time and i never gave it a second look... then I saw Satoru wearing it one time and my god... in person that shit will blow your mind.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
              i'd instantly kop if i weren't broke instantly.
              instabroke, courtesy of sz
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

merz feel your pain /// waiting to cop a haider coat also

Comment

• Chim
                  • Dec 2006

editeditedit
                  Last edited by Chim; 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

DONEforgood
                    Last edited by Chim; 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

I'm in Chicago for the weekend and wanted to pass along this good find from the chicago Barney's. They have a similar version of this raf sweater, diagnol slit up the front (it's stitched shut though, doesn't come open) turtleneck and attatched scarf but in an oatmeal color and I think it's mohair which is nicer and more forgiving then the ribbed cotton version below. Can't remember for sure but it was around $150 or $250. I tried it on and it fit me well but wasn't my style, can't remember if it was 48 or 46 but I think it would fit either depending on how you wear it. Call now!
                      music

Comment

• grapz
                        • Sep 2008

Not sure if ne 1 is interested in these ann d boots

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

• Flokk
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                          I'm in Chicago for the weekend and wanted to pass along this good find from the chicago Barney's. They have a similar version of this raf sweater, diagnol slit up the front (it's stitched shut though, doesn't come open) turtleneck and attatched scarf but in an oatmeal color and I think it's mohair which is nicer and more forgiving then the ribbed cotton version below. Can't remember for sure but it was around $150 or $250. I tried it on and it fit me well but wasn't my style, can't remember if it was 48 or 46 but I think it would fit either depending on how you wear it. Call now!

ahhhh, there is no way you could proxy this is there? i am in Australia

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

Rick Owens cotton longsleeve white size small
                            11,000 yen buy it now

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

raf ss06 wide pants with insert... sz44!!!!

i've been thinking about these for myself for like a month now, they started out at 53k¥ but are at a very reasonable 40k¥ right now. i believe they're cotton/linen, and as far as i know this particular pair wasn't done in any winter fabrics... they really are one of his best. decided i'm gonna get some other things instead so somebody should get these.

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
                                raf ss06 wide pants with insert... sz44!!!!

i've been thinking about these for myself for like a month now, they started out at 53k¥ but are at a very reasonable 40k¥ right now. i believe they're cotton/linen, and as far as i know this particular pair wasn't done in any winter fabrics... they really are one of his best. decided i'm gonna get some other things instead so somebody should get these.

I believe these are the ones from the collection. If I thought I could pull these off sight-unseen I would definitely pick these up but I'm too short to go around buying enormous pants without trying them on.

+1 for "someone needs to buy these things
                                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎