• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Good finds

[quote user="Vicomte"]

A very nice XS Ann Demeulemeester jacket. A bit expensive, though.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ANN-DEMEULESMEEST...QQcmdZViewItem

[/quote]

WTF? It cost less at retail, and that was a year ago.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unmetro
      • Sep 2006

saw a few Carpe Diem boots between $700-800 (originally 1000+) at Barney's NY 3rd Flr....

Comment

• Divo
        • Mar 2007

Today I spotted some pieces of Nicolo Ceschi Berrini on Yoox. Prices in euro's seem to be quite reasonable, but because I am not familiar with this brand, I would like to ask if anybody here knows more about thislabel (quality of fabrics, construction, and price level?)

All of the pieces look really nice, but before I am going to purchase some of these items I firstly would like to receive some - hopefully - positive sounds from one of you experts.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

it's nice stuff from what i've handled (just two items) ^

Comment

• een
            • Sep 2006

I rather like Nicolo Ceschi Berrini - for me kind of a poor man's CCP - wanted to pick up a distressed grey blazer at A about a year ago, but nothing even close to my size (my girlfriend ended up getting the small - looks great on her and even fits well in the shoulders - it was cut very narrow). In shirts and jackets I'm a large in Rick Owens, a 5 in Carpe, and a 54 in CCP, but have not been able to get into even the largest Berrini. Pants seem to fit a bit truer. The cut and tailoring is nice, fabric and construction quality is pretty good - I'm thinking something like Dries here, and the price points are very reasonable - jackets are less than 1k, trousers less than 500 - if you can get the sizing to work for you (I wouldn't buy any of his stuff without trying it on) I think it's a pretty good deal.

Comment

• Divo
              • Mar 2007

Een, thank you very much for providing this detailed information. I am glad to know that Berrini's jackets are fitting relatively small: I am a size 48 when it comes to Dior Homme and YSL Rive Gauche, so probably I should then order a size 50 from Yoox. So when jackets are under 1k, then 300 euro's for a blazer is quite a good deal:)

Thank you for your kind response!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I agree with een, it's rather nice - nothing to go crazy for, but fine. BTW, I've seen his stuff on Yoox in the past for dirt cheap, I remember something like $150 blazers - maybe it was a price mistake (god bless inefficiency)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Don't know enough about Cloak pricing to know if this classifies as a "Good Find" or not, but it looks like a pretty nice jacket.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Well, I know some people here are looking for this piece in XL, and viola, here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLOAK-mens-hoodie-Black-New_W0QQitemZ330107321209QQihZ014QQcategoryZ11484Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Vicomte
                      • Mar 2007

Ann Demeulemeester angel's picture brooch. Would buy if it wasn't that expensive for what it is.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ANN-DEMEULEMEESTE...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Vicomte"]

Ann Demeulemeester angel's picture brooch. Would buy if it wasn't that expensive for what it is.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ANN-DEMEULEMEESTE...QQcmdZViewItem

[/quote]

I once sold one for $185. I think it was to someone who was more of a Juliet Margaret Cameron fan rather than Ann Demeulemeester fan.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

www.shopjake.com

promotional code: 3years

30% off non-sale merchandise. one item only. i tried using it on that cloak uniform shirt, but it said thecoupon wasnt applicable to the item in my cart, or some stupid shit. ughh. so, apparently there arebrandrestrictions, but other than cloak, im not surewhich of themare excluded from the promo.

Comment

• designersheep
                            • Oct 2006

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b76731959

The much sought after Linea leather jacket from the Japanese yahoo auction.

Too bad it is so small...

Size 3 (Linea 3, so probably more like 1 in Carpe)
                            shoulders 38cm, chest 41cm, length 67cm, arm 68cm

I am sure it will go over 100,000yen and the only way you could win it would be to go into a bidding war at the last minute.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

CCP shirt

Wish this was my size, it's a really interesting piece.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Running om Empty
                                • Mar 2007

[quote user="CHRIS"]

www.shopjake.com

promotional code: 3years

30% off non-sale merchandise. one item only. i tried using it on that cloak uniform shirt, but it said thecoupon wasnt applicable to the item in my cart, or some stupid shit. ughh. so, apparently there arebrandrestrictions, but other than cloak, im not surewhich of themare excluded from the promo.

[/quote]

That shirt may still be in your grasps if you don?t mind paying a little more for it. Use the code ?toutie? for 20% off all items (including Cloak and Sale/Full price items). Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎