Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

julius x midwest cotton viyella jacket in size 1. I own one of these in charcoal, would have bought the white too if I could pull it off.
    Last edited by dji; 03-21-2010, 02:17 AM. Reason: removed

Comment

• anatomicut
      • Jun 2009

CCP 08 DERBY SIZE 6

size 6
      for small guys
      Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

I saw a 700 dick oven high collar leather in grey from fw 06? in S at ina men on bleeker. it was a patchwork style, never seen it bf. pretty cool
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

For those that missed it:

Julius S/S '10 Black Moto (all sizes) $3015

Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

Availability. Sold out everywhere.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• semper
              • Feb 2009

oww I missed that CDG kilt... was waiting for it in that size.
              sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

• nakata
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                i think the black one that is still available around. But The Grey one is sold out everywhere except zekka (but the price is quite the same on Blackbird, & idk that they still available in size 1 & 2).

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

I know US retail is insane for _7, but how can they charge so much for something like that?? Them's crack prices!
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• tomatous
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                    I know US retail is insane for _7, but how can they charge so much for something like that?? Them's ccp prices!
                    fixed

Comment

• nakata
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                      I know US retail is insane for _7, but how can they charge so much for something like that?? Them's crack prices!
                      Croatoan let us know how..........

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                      Huge post coming up...

The prices are this way for a number of reasons, starting with major differences between retail in Japan versus pretty much anywhere else in the world.

Typically (outside of Japan) buyers are given a wholesale price which they pay for the product and are able to do their markup based on that. Typically a store's markup can be anywhere from 2.2-3.0 times the retail price, give or take. If the store pays $40 for something, you might pay around $100. As you mentioned, this price difference helps your local retailer pay rent, upkeep, employees, supplies, and, if they are very lucky, make some sort of actual profit.

Japan retail has pretty much its own unique retail/wholesale system. All stores in Japan have a set retail price which all stores abide by. When a buyer gets the catalogue for the brand's season, this retail price is listed and it is agreed that the buyer gets a discount off of that retail price. The discount is most commonly 40% off of the retail price (the store pays 30,000yen for something that will retail at 50,000yen) but in some rare cases, maybe a very powerful store or someone who buys an enormous amount will get a discount of 50% or so. Knowing that stores in Japan have such a small markup/margin, it is obviously inherently difficult for businesses to be very profitable.

Those are the two retail/wholesale situations at play here. Japan versus the rest of the world.

For an American (for example) store to bend over backwards to import these Japanese brands, the back-end cost is very very high. And after that, they can't really just decide in their case to completely change the way they do retail and will continue their normal markup. I mentioned above that 2.2 would probably be the lowest you will see. If we take your example of 162750yen, the wholesale price would be 97,650yen. Multiply that by 2.2 and you already end up with something that is more than the original Japanese wholesale price.

The example of 2.2 would be a very low markup, however, and that is for domestic goods. We are dealing here with importing directly from Japan which is a hugely expensive endeavor. Most Japanese brands want to ship by FedEx, and as these are legit companies, they are shipping their products with accurate declarations of descriptions, fabrications, and retail costs. As anyone can tell you, FedEx International Priority can become expensive even when sending a single t-shirt marked as a gift. Try sending a 40+lb box full of expensive boots, knits, and leather jackets. Shipping alone is going to be around $400-500 per box and you later have to factor in another $500 (or more) for customs fees. You are looking at paying around $1000 per box of merchandise.

So..! We have our 97,650yen wholesale jacket which we paid about $1,100 out of the pocket for. This jacket is added to the top of a box with seven or so other items, all of which cost $1000 just to get to your office. This shipping cost needs to get repaid and ends up getting factored into your markup even before consideration of paying rent, upkeep, employees, supplies; not to mention the research you have done to track down whatever Japanese brand this may be, possibly including trips to Tokyo. After all is said and done, you end up with something costing quite a bit more than what you see on some Japanese website and, even then, it barely generates true profit for the store.

Please understand that for the international stores dealing with Japanese brands, it is completely a labor of love. Very little profit is made and it barely makes up for the risks taken to get the items in the shop. It may seem ridiculous, but people love these brands and want to help the brands themselves by selling on an international stage. Without these markups, there would be no point to carry the brand at all on this sort of retail level. If an American store sold to you at Japanese retail, they would basically be giving you an item for free, along with another $500 out of their cash drawer. It is an incredibly difficult situation, but one can only hope that the consumer understands the difficulty the stores go through for these brands and they will pay the extra amount for the personal experience of shopping for them firsthand from a retailer who has taken the risk to create this opportunity.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

^this may not be the appropriate theatre for this discussion, but if people (as in individual customers) really love these brands, wouldn't they just use a proxy service to buy from Japan themselves, rather than finding the products they like in American stores? Really, I do love Julius, but if I can buy a _7 jacket, or a CCP jacket for close to the same price, I will always go for the CCP.. It just doesn't seem to me to be a very viable choice for a US store such as Blackbird to stock Julius. I know this has been discussed before, but I figured I'd voice that anyway.

Thanks for the thorough inquiry into American pricing of Japanese labels!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ Buddy, I think you missed Castor's post there...
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

xxs

Comment

• sargon97
                              • Jan 2009

+ Japan does not have larger sizes as far as I know. I think prices are better than some of the other stores (e.g. A.), and you can use the sufu 10% code.

Also looks like verypoolish may still have in grey.

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                              Last edited by sargon97; 03-22-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                /\ Buddy, I think you missed Castor's post there...
                                Oh there's no denying that it's a dope leather and that it's sold out, I'm just talking about _7 in America in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎