• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Good finds

[quote user="laika"]absolutely lovely Dries Spring coat in 36.
    [/quote]

That's beautiful!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Ann Demeulemeester white dress shirt with detachable collar for $89 BIN mistakingly advertised as womens.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="laika"]absolutely lovely Dries Spring coat in 36.
        [/quote]

That's beautiful!

[/quote]

ha, I knew you would like that one, Faust. The details are so nice, aren't they?

The shoulders remind me of a certain VB trench coat that I can't stop thinking about....[:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

me too, laika, me too [:D]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

[quote user="mesh"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="mesh"]Hahaa those are on sale at barneys for 59.[/quote]

Are you sure those are not John Varvatos x Converse?

[/quote]

Yep, they're the junyaxconverse. Originally 85 now marked down, still made in china though of course hence the price.

[/quote]

does anyone know if these sneakers (by Junya) come in solid white or black?

I want to buy one but dont want these checkerboard ones............

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

/\

Regular Converse, no?

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

/\

Regular Converse, no?

[/quote]

no i dont want the regular ones.......... I know you can easily find those in black or white,

matter of fact my brother has some nice light grey ones he bought a while ago.....

I dont even know why i am bothering, because someone should Cat-o-nine me for asking about shoes.

I just got back eight pairs i left in jamaica lasty year(on top of the innumerable amount i already have) some of which i am realizing i didnt even wear.

However, I just thought if im going to buy a converse it would be nice to buy one from Junya as i dont own anything by him... and wouldnt be interested in much else that he makes for men.........

Comment

• Monty76
                  • Sep 2006

Junya did do the converse/jack purcell's in solid colours including black, but that was like two seasons ago. Don't know if he did it this season. Here's a picture of my black pair. I've worn the hell out of them. If you're persistent you can probably find a pair on yahoo japan, i saw a pair a while back.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="Monty76"]

Junya did do the converse/jack purcell's in solid colours including black, but that was like two seasons ago. Don't know if he did it this season. Here's a picture of my black pair. I've worn the hell out of them. If you're persistent you can probably find a pair on yahoo japan, i saw a pair a while back.

[/quote]

thanks for the response

I likew these even better than the Chuck taylors.......

but here is the thing now.....

tomorrow i will post wherther or not im the most blessed man alive.

I went to Daffys today (poor mans century 21) they had a ton of Dries Van Noten shoes that seemed to have just arrived .............all for between $60-100 (us) I bought a pair of butter coloured dress shoes[:P] for $99.....

lo-and-behold Dries made a converse style sneakers also........... that they have for $70.

they come in brown and black. I couldnt find my size in the SOHO store, so i went to 34th street and couldnt find them either.

I am seeing a Girl in the Brooklyn store........ will call her later tonite and have her hunt down the black in a size 7-8 (i have small feet) they have a 8.5 in soho, if i cant find my size I'll buy those and put my Super-insoles in them.

for the record, I know most PPl here dont shop at Daffys but should anyone be interested in picking up some dries van notes . (they have these really nice sneakers for $89 ) and you are in NYC check them out.............!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Dries at Daffy's?! [:O]

Which Daffy's?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Which Daffy's?

[/quote]

there were only a few at the 34th street store.........

the one in SOHO (broadway.......1.5 blocs from Canal, on the right going towards Houston).......... I looked at my Butter shoes again this morning and they are divine. (early birthday present from the Z-man to himself[G]!)

they have these amazing two toned sneakers for $89, the only reason i didnt buy them was because i would've felt guilty buying three pairs of shoes (while eyeing another elsewhere[:$]) they also have some black dress shoes that would be appropriate for someone who needs it for everyday corporate wear

I need those converse style ones in black........expecting a call from LUCY about noon today to tell me the good news.

Laika, its not the first time they have designer shoes there......... i have these amazing Galliano shoes i bought there for $70 about six month ago (that have yet to be worn)....... Ive also seen Mui Mui there before.

right now they have a huge assortment of Dirk Bikkembergs (they also have a converse style ones by him too in Black, white and tan)....... I am not interesred in his crap though........he is a dissappointment to Belgian fashion

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Which Daffy's?

[/quote]

Whoa! I'll check the Wall St. branch.

Zam, agreed on Bikkembergs [:'(]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

/\ I might pass by there today too...........I want to stop at Century (if i have time) , the Century in LI has some Levi's slim jeans for $24, I want to get two pairs (i am wearing the black ones today) but they didnt have my size.... i need two shades of blue, they had also some nice slim fit denim jackets, but i dont need anymore of those........

My HL "RAW"denim Jacket (that i brought to the office today to lengthen the cuffs) is the last denim jacket i am ever buying.... as i have too many already

Comment

• Purity
                              • Apr 2007

Hi, long time lurker first (second) time poster.

Inspired by Chris' amazing raf simons bag with zips, i came across this:

Does anyone know if it is authentic or not? Its from Hong Kong and there is something about it, the tags etc, that seems somewhat off.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Purity"]Hi, long time lurker first (second) time poster.

Inspired by Chris' amazing raf simons bag with zips, i came across this:

Does anyone know if it is authentic or not? Its from Hong Kong and there is something about it, the tags etc, that seems somewhat off.
                                [/quote]

Never seen that one, but the tags are fine, and the shape is classic Raf poor man's bag.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎