• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yeah! Go Albert!!!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
      I'm not sure shoes make of fish will hold up all that well.
      Sturgeon is all the rage these days.
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• jumpoff
        • Jan 2008

Helmut Lang - 1998 - moleskin parka - sz M - new

Comment

• Catfood
          • Oct 2008

Wish I was a little bit smaller..

Looking for this in XS or S myself by the way..

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ I really hate saying this, but I wouldn't buy it. It pills like a motherfucker. Gorgeous aesthetically, of course.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Its such a great piece, she should offer it in a different fabric.............
              its kinda weird though, as its somewhat easy to test the fabric for pilling before making the garment..................
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Catfood
                • Oct 2008

It comes in plain black as well (without the stripes). No idea if the fabric composition is different though.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                  It comes in plain black as well (without the stripes). No idea if the fabric composition is different though.
                  If you are able to handle it in person, you can test for pilling (if you get to try it on on a fitting room) then you can decide there if its worthy investing in...............you can do this by rubbing a small area of the fabric back and forth in a "washing type motion" the way you would when hand washing a garment........... the friction should create some amount of pilling in about a minute or so...........if it doesn't, then its a go,
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• valuable advice! thanks!!!

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

indeed. does anyone know the composition of that jacket? Is it 100% wool?

also: ann d lightweight jacket ending in 20 minutes, sells for 80 dollars at the moment. a steal.

Last edited by michael_kard; 12-11-2010, 08:52 PM.
                      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• BBSCCP
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        If you are able to handle it in person, you can test for pilling (if you get to try it on on a fitting room) then you can decide there if its worthy investing in...............you can do this by rubbing a small area of the fabric back and forth in a "washing type motion" the way you would when hand washing a garment........... the friction should create some amount of pilling in about a minute or so...........if it doesn't, then its a go,
                        it´s a bit out of context, but is pilling a prove for bad material selection?
                        I found all the LUC stuff (sweaters) extremely pilling and don´t know how to counteract...

Comment

• Cyan
                          • Feb 2009

CHROME HEARTS Rick sneaker 1500BIN

EDIT: Please feel free to move this to WTF thread

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BBSCCP View Post
                            it´s a bit out of context, but is pilling a prove for bad material selection?
                            I found all the LUC stuff (sweaters) extremely pilling and don´t know how to counteract...
                            This happens with the superfine yarns, particularly merino and cashmere. Its fairly easy to get rid of with a lint remover. It took me 10-15 mins to go over a knit with an electric one, you just have to make sure its flat when you buzz it to avoid breaking the yarn.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BBSCCP
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              This happens with the superfine yarns, particularly merino and cashmere. Its fairly easy to get rid of with a lint remover. It took me 10-15 mins to go over a knit with an electric one, you just have to make sure its flat when you buzz it to avoid breaking the yarn.
                              cheers, that´s what I did before, too, until I have read somewhere in the web that I should avoid using a lint remover because it softens the whole structure resulting in unavoidable holes which will appear in future. The article also said that good quality knits are recognized by using long fibers instead of short ones which are responsible for the pilling... unfortunately I can´t find the link to that article anymore...

Comment

• there are two factors for why something pills, one being the length of the fiber, and the second being how tightly spun the thread is. I can imagine LUC uses very loosely spun yarn to give a fuzzy and airy feel from the beginning, and thus easily pilled.

Even though ricks merino knits breaks easily, i must say the yarn is good quality. It never pilled for me in any of the garments I have.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎