X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elephantstone
    • Jan 2011

http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/YOHJI...D/sts/sr_men80

Nice Silk Blazer from YYPH, price is decent too. If only I didn't make that many purchases this month

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      no they fucking don't. it's junk.
      Tell me how it's junk.
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• morsto
        • Nov 2008

Acne just makes mid-priced (and at most mid level quality) watered down versions of designer wear, they are like a mid priced version of h&m and attracts fashionistas/shopaholics here in Scandinavia like shit attracts flies, hence I think you will find most members from that area won't talk well about it. When I think Acne I think hundreds of girls all wearing the same Acne wedges because they all read the same fashionista blogs that hype them, none of them know (nor want to know) why they are even wearing wedges.
        I do not recognise the vessel,
        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• HWith
          • May 2007

^ while this might be true, and I eccho your feelings to a large extent (I'm from Copenhagen) I must confess that I like a lot of ACNE's pieces. They don't really have a vision and their collections aren't coherent or meant to be seen as a whole, but the individual pieces are very nice. Their men's stuff usually suck compared to women's though. Otherwise I'd probably pick up something once in a while.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

I've never thought of Acne as designer knock-offs... I think they've been doing in essence the same aesthetic for as long as I can remember (wrt menswear, I don't know about the womens).
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

there are so many reasons i loathe acne.

first of all it's crap. yes, the quality is mid-level crap. fabrics are boring and cheap looking, as are trimmings. go ahead and try to prove me wrong on this.

second, the cuts and style: short, boxy, badly fitting clothes, very obviously designed from flats with no regard for the three-dimensionality of the body. it's all oversized navy t-shirts with boatnecks styled with turned-up chinos and chelsea boots. at least until whatever is in with the cool kids changes. which brings me to point number three:

the brand. it's all hipsterism. (yeah, opening ceremony style.) acne and the people who work there are the most nervously trendy people you could ever meet, and it shows in their output. denim shirts whenever denim shirts are in. shearling whenever shearling is in. suede biker jackets whenever suede biker jackets are in. boxy oversized stuff whenever boxy oversized stuff is in. there's no soul here. there's just fashion bandwagoneering and trendyness.

fuck acne.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Acne sucks.

ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

ok guys you've convinced me
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

And if you really do love undercover...

Originally posted by philip nod
                    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

shucks spittin dat fire

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Crust, XL, Moleskin, Kunk, get on it.
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• thee_vultures _actress
                          • Jun 2010

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...STRK:MESELX:IT

Damir Doma Unbalanced Jacket at a fair price! if it only was a 48

Comment

• mauser
                            • Oct 2007

Acne

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            ok guys you've convinced me
                            Good J, that's the best conclusion you can have.

Acne is actually nothing but junk. Their first jeans with red stitching was actually pretty good... but nowadays, their production seems to have degraded so much that quality is on H&M level or below. I wonder what benefit they expect from the heritage of Albanian jeans makers. Last year, I gave them one chance with a winter parka, but that poor coat fell apart with the first wear. Bye bye Acne, never again.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              there are so many reasons i loathe acne.

first of all it's crap. yes, the quality is mid-level crap. fabrics are boring and cheap looking, as are trimmings. go ahead and try to prove me wrong on this.

second, the cuts and style: short, boxy, badly fitting clothes, very obviously designed from flats with no regard for the three-dimensionality of the body. it's all oversized navy t-shirts with boatnecks styled with turned-up chinos and chelsea boots. at least until whatever is in with the cool kids changes. which brings me to point number three:

the brand. it's all hipsterism. (yeah, opening ceremony style.) acne and the people who work there are the most nervously trendy people you could ever meet, and it shows in their output. denim shirts whenever denim shirts are in. shearling whenever shearling is in. suede biker jackets whenever suede biker jackets are in. boxy oversized stuff whenever boxy oversized stuff is in. there's no soul here. there's just fashion bandwagoneering and trendyness.

fuck acne.
                              brilliant.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Acne makes nice jeans and girls look especially fetching in them, not everything has to be 2K and designed by some nutcase who can't sew but has read a lot of Brecht.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎