X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hamham3002
    • Sep 2008

sz 9 white augusta boots
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Authentic Augusta -A1923 - boots Carpe Diem at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      I don't get it either. He's clearly just a flash in the pan without the staying power of brands like Julius and Obscur!
      I don't see anyone saying those brands have more staying power.

Harnden is the hype right now. The Classifieds section proves it.
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
        I don't get it either. He's clearly just a flash in the pan without the staying power of brands like Julius and Obscur!
        Hahaha, nice.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          I don't "get" Harnden.
          I don't think there is a lot get, its really nice jackets done in classic, timeless yet slightly modernized cuts and in beautiful fabrics. I love my PH blazer because I can wear it with just about anything.

The hype matter was already discussed in the Harnden thread some time ago; I think one of the reasons it has taken so much steam lately is because he has notably changed the cut and sizing. I remember looking at some of the stuff years ago and while the fabrics were interesting, the loose and boxy cuts were not. The current slimmer and sharper cuts are much more appealing to many.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

oh right, identifiable. I've been trying to wear my blazer every other day for the past two years but people in my small town just won't recognize it

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

eagerly awaiting pics of Kanye and Jay-Z sporting Harnden jackets
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Q shouldn't you be out drinking?
                I've seen and tried the PH stuff... not into it but maybe when I get older... to me it's very much of a middle age and beyond thing. Personally I don't want to spend $1500 on a blazer to confirm I'm old and I enjoy books but then again, that's just me. I guess I'd rather spend $1500 and look like I just came from a Skinny Puppy concert... neither is really any better actually.

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

You can probably spend less than $15 to look like you just came out of a Skinny Puppy concert! In fact, I probably did during their heydays.

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                  I guess I'd rather spend $1500 and look like I just came from a Skinny Puppy concert... neither is really any better actually.
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                    You can probably spend less than $15 to look like you just came out of a Skinny Puppy concert! In fact, I probably did during their heydays.
                    I was just stating the difference between the dark leather stuff (julius/rick/obscur/bbs) and PH.
                    Actually even in the late 80's the skinny puppy concert shirts were $20, but yes I actually wore an outfit that cost less than $15 at that concert.

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

cmon, in the end a lot of us are spending $1500 to look like $15.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by merz
                        i believe in words being a means to express concepts and ideas, and i'd very much like to know what is classic and timeless about 1880s sack-coats. not that i've anything against them (i've handled the real things from back when too, just saying).. just wondering about the whole timeless thing.
                        whoops didn't see this part - by classic I simply meant a traditional style, and by timeless something I could imagine wearing now and 20 years from now. or something that I find appealing and so could someone twice my age. this combined with the newer cuts appeals to me.

obviously I'm not saying that there isn't any hype surrounding PH. I just don't want to see anyone generalize that hype is the only possible reasoning for the appeal.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by merz
                          classic, timeless. awesome copy.

how about, readily identifiable and scarce tokens of something a bit more challenging to obtain than tripple-x custom-order fencing (1 of 1!)
                          Exactly. "Challenging to obtain" shouldn't enhance our evaluation of a garment or designer.

If anything CCP punctures the bullshit speculative market by making authentic work available.

And another thing, PH is one of the few designers revered here who puts an identifier outside, front on his jackets. FFS.
                          spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Oops...stirred the pot. No matter what's said, I still think it's ultimately overpriced, derivative, common, and not constructed in the same regard as would be expected from this price point. If it was once something special, it no longer is.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

ann does not agree with you dane
                              at her ss12 mens show a friend of mine was part of the models' casting, so he was standing there wearing a ph jacket and ann was at the other side of the room and crossed the entire space to ask him where his jacket came from.
                              end of the story though: he tried on a lot of the show's outfits but finally was not part of the runaway.
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

the fabrics are also nothing special. for instance, stephan schneider uses far better fabrics than PH from what I have seen. with zippers popping off ccp boots and tears in jackets and such, the quality argument is just not a very sound one IMO

Originally posted by Pumpfish View Post
                                Exactly. "Challenging to obtain" shouldn't enhance our evaluation of a garment or designer.

If anything CCP punctures the bullshit speculative market by making authentic work available.

And another thing, PH is one of the few designers revered here who puts an identifier outside, front on his jackets. FFS.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎