Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

tripleX perforated kangaroo gloves - sz. 48.

I feel like this guy has already listed a few of the items I'm seeing up again.. maybe not.

Harnden coats are great pieces. Good for most occasions, comfortable and unique without being obnoxious. Not everyone on here wants to look like a punk band from the future. 'Takes all kinds..'

If anything his pieces are less of a fad than most on here. My only issue is quality concerns. Some pieces that I've handled felt too delicate for my routine. And $1500 for a brand new jacket is completely reasonable within the price ranges of designers we discuss. That being said his new stuff has jumped up about $500 in some places. The SA at IF said he hasn't really raised prices in years and now he is.

Comment

• misuse_me
      • Aug 2008

UNDERCOVERISM UNDERCOVER 85 DENIM JEAN size 2

UNDERCOVERISM UNDERCOVER 85 DENIM JEAN in size 2

NUMBER (N)INE AW07 HAT in medium

JULIUS LEATHER GAS MASK LEATHER SHOULDER BAG (first edition batch without metal tag)
      Last edited by misuse_me; 10-30-2011, 12:10 PM. Reason: more good finds
      I LIVE THROUGH OBJECTS.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        ann does not agree with you dane
        at her ss12 mens show a friend of mine was part of the models' casting, so he was standing there wearing a ph jacket and ann was at the other side of the room and crossed the entire space to ask him where his jacket came from.
        end of the story though: he tried on a lot of the show's outfits but finally was not part of the runaway.
        I'm okay this. ;)
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by merz
          i feel that what it looks like has sort of become secondary to the fact that, well, its paul harnden. and donchoo forgeitit! seeing mike in full regalia felt like the final transmutation of that time fark shaved his head coming full circle.
          Sorry you don't like it. You've made that very clear. You love skinny jeans and elf boots. We get it. Never change.

Harnden goes best with Harnden in my opinion. Luckily it also goes pretty well with many other designers in my closet. When it comes to my sporadic WAYWT photos, I think it's best to take a photo when I happen to be wearing a nice, cohesive outfit that you don't necessarily see on WAYWT everyday. Quite often that includes Paul Harnden because, yes, I wear lots of it. It's comfortable, it looks great, and I get complements on it almost every day from people who are far removed from SZ. Have you actually worn any of the jackets around a bit? Or do you hate it because so many other people love it? Have you tried the pants? You don't mention them very much. I don't know if your beef is only with the jackets, since in your opinion they are identical in fit and fabric to the children's jackets you have from 1910 that you got at some thrift store for $10.

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

to add fuel to the fire i would say that the designer that complements PH the best imo is Rick. note that neither of them knows how to cut a proper blazer, but Harnden does not even try (vs the tailoring efforts of RO).
            Last edited by BSR; 10-30-2011, 02:36 PM.
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

hmmm, yeah i got kind of bashed for buying PH too just recently...hahahaha, lets always keep in mind that this whole approach towards Ph and other brands here is made by a bunch of nerds (including me of course) who can talk endlessly about different fabric names (Wocell, Hopscotch...)...and its the internet...

I have to say for myself, of course i get influenced by this board, isnt this whats this board is about? To get inspirations? and for my personal situation, I AM getting older and also my professional field made me think about changing my wardrobe a bit, also for my off work stuff. PH fits just perfectly in this transition, since its classic but edgy too (at least for me). For me it is just a natural transition, the same i went through when I discovered DH Homme the first time and then after I found out about SZ and all the stuff which is popular here. Before those times i used to wear orangey Techno clothes (ok i was really young back then) and later on Prada Sport, DG and other "commercial" stuff...I am honestly astonished about all these very young people who have developed a high taste level already in the age of ...20?...but i dont regret anything...hahaha...and now i will wear my comfortable PH with joy and happiness...
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Yeah history is repeating itself, as much as we all dont want to be associated with the "regular commercial" fasion cycles and season and marketing and whatsoever, we have to admit that this whole talk about hype and so forth is just the same discussion which takes places in the "other" fashion world. In the end we are all just little kids who want to play...and sometimes fight...others buy cars, we buy clothes.

I dont care about "hypes" in this niche market, since chances that I see someone else wearing my stuff are so little in the real world outside of SZ. Its easy to get the impression that a hype is created and people are jumping on it, buying only one particular brand and the market is flooded with it. But SZ and the internet is deceiving.
                Its not like H&M when you go out and can easily see 20 people wearing your T-Shirt or if you see something nice you can walk in the next store in your city and cop it.

I honestly love seeing people I dont know in stuff i know...I take joy out of it, its like a secret language, people recognize each other and sometimes you have a nice chat and thats just bc we are so few. So if its a hype, ok, let it be a hype. The production is so limited it will never ever reach the mass market and thats what i would really care about. Let more people wear PH (including me) and let Mike be the ambassador if he wants to...as I said, in the end we are all just little boys and we shouldnt take this toooo seriously...

Peace...i am really hangover btw...hahahaha

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

I cant wear his pants though, not ment for my body physique...

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                    I AM getting older and also my professional field made me think about changing my wardrobe a bit, also for my off work stuff. PH fits just perfectly in this transition, since its classic but edgy too (at least for me). For me it is just a natural transition, the same i went through
                    Death of a disco ninja !
                    pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

hahahaha...I am not married yet my friend...

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

at this rate, ph will be lording his very own boardwalk empire soon

Comment

• sshum88
                          • Dec 2007

And back to regular programming - small PH blazer BNWT with BIN of $1100 found here.
                          Originally posted by eat me
                          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                            not surprised to hear that ann found a ph jacket interesting, i think her and harnden deal in the same stock, a personal, romanticised flavour of a very specific past.. in harnden's case a bit more literally-so, as the pattern-work and lasts would be somewhat period-accurate (but not as much as geoffrey's, where they can fall under historical reproduction)
                            Disagree about Ann. She simply lives in her aesthetic universe - whether it's William Blake or PJ Harvey. It just happens that our contemporary world is no longer capable of producing poetry.

About Harnden, Lowrey said it best. It is a fantastic, classic jacket that is unique enough to stand out. I've stopped counting the number of compliments I got on mine and it's not even been a year. If Harnden hasn't changed the cuts, I wouldn't give him the time of day, like I have not before (see my early posts in the harnden thread).

Hype is hype and no doubt SZ is the leader and there are plenty of followers (1 to 4 ratio of members v. lurkers at any given point), but this merely reflects the world. We lead, some things follow.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              We lead, some things follow.
                              you mean... some/things ?
                              pix

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Did I say that? Oooops...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎