Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • birdytg
    • Feb 2010

oupsss! Sorry!....I think I opened the wrong door...
    I thought there were the Good Finds here.....
    Sorry, don't want to disturb!.....
    http://www.mypixeldiary.com
    http://www.birdytg.com
    www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
    http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Disagree about Ann. She simply lives in her aesthetic universe - whether it's William Blake or PJ Harvey. It just happens that our contemporary world is no longer capable of producing poetry.
      this is a most brilliant statement!
      and this is so because we have raised up a generation of dumbed down idiots, where psuedo intellectuals and psycho analists have killed their souls..............we have projected a kind of perception of acceptable behavior on children, where anything outside of that is considered weird or abnormal and must be medicined away...................

Our society have created materialistic soulless beings, and poetry cannot exist without soul.........
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• shah
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        Our society have created materialistic soulless beings, and poetry cannot exist without soul.........
        i think that was a rather empty statement, actually, anyone can produce poetry at anytime but whether it's good or not is of course up to the beholder...and this quoted bit is awkward given this is a forum ultimately founded on consumption (even if there is an underlying philosophy that sets it apart from others, etc). sorry to stay off topic, but i also don't understand how PH can be hyped when it's relatively so obscure unless that was meant specifically in the context of SZ. anyway...
        Last edited by shah; 10-30-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
          And back to regular programming - small PH blazer BNWT with BIN of $1100 found here.
          Already posted (and then removed) this for someone. Actually don't know why someone would ask me to remove a link for a Buy It Now auction...

Comment

• TheThief
            • Mar 2011

and this is so because we have raised up a generation of dumbed down idiots, where psuedo intellectuals and psycho analists have killed their souls..............we have projected a kind of perception of acceptable behavior on children, where anything outside of that is considered weird or abnormal and must be medicined away...................

Every generation says this about the next. I would say that we live in times where abnormal and weird is the norm, because no matter who you are or what you fancy, you can find your community.

Self expression has changed but then again self expression always changes. We live in times where, if you want to make music you can do so cheaply and share it with the world. If you create art you can find your audience and if you create clothing, you can find a community of people who are interested in what you're making and willing to purchase it.

Poetry was born out of folk songs and storytelling, I would argue that poetry has simply returned to where it began.

"Nature, nurture, heaven and home
            Sum of all and by them driven
            To conquer every mountain shown
            But have never crossed the river
            Braved the forest braved the stone
            Braved the icy winds and fire
            Braved and beat them on my own
            Yet I'm helpless by the river"

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

And there is only $100 difference between BIN and the start price...why take the chance of being outbid?

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
              Actually don't know why someone would ask me to remove a link for a Buy It Now auction...
              Originally posted by eat me
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I think materialism has always been there. What I meant simply was that we have become too self-conscious in the postmodern age, and I think one should be at least somewhat unselfconscious to produce good poetry - I don't think one can do it with a wink-wink, nudge-nudge mentality. Ann is the last romantic in fashion, and I don't know if there can be another Ann today.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acéphale
                  • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

there Cannot be, at least not from a first world country

the society and way of living that produces the kind of mindset that Ann and others of her generation has is almost non existent today
                    there is too much stimulation, too much technology..............
                    i remember when I was growing up, we had only one television station, and television was only available from 6-9am, then noon for the news, them 4pm to midnight.
                    we drew, we made kites, we made trucks from milk cartons, we made slingshots and hunted birds, we played marbles, ring games, we made our own go carts and raced them.........................when the rain fell me made "board horse".............

these things were visually and creatively stimulating. I don't see that happening now, the children are fed, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, facebook, reality shows and a whole bunch of garbage that lacks any kind of meaningful substance.

i dint mean to offend many, but give me a poet like Longfellow, a scientist like Newton or Einstein, or a political antagonist like Marx..........as much as I revile Nietzsche, at least he was brilliant.
                    what we have today is Dawkins.................Def Poetry, reality shows, project runway and a whole bunch of crap that's not even worth the cost of their own production
                    Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I think materialism has always been there. What I meant simply was that we have become too self-conscious in the postmodern age, and I think one should be at least somewhat unselfconscious to produce good poetry - I don't think one can do it with a wink-wink, nudge-nudge mentality. Ann is the last romantic in fashion, and I don't know if there can be another Ann today.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• edit: nvm.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

We have art based on the mindset of investment and returns.
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

SS07 CCP overlock in grey/green

size 48. asking 2300 gbp. that price is far less than i've seen them go for. well, in black anyway. i know nothing of the seller though. just stumbled upon this.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

http://www.ebay.it/itm/AUGUSTA-ADICI...item3a6bcfb526

http://www.ebay.it/itm/AUGUSTA-ADICI...item3a6bcf9b45

2 pairs of Augusta's. 42. Not a steal but reasonably priced..
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• birdytg
                              • Feb 2010

Yep, but not a gift considering the 2 bad scars on the shoulders!..otherwise a nice ccp leather jacket in great celor and shades...

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                              SS07 CCP overlock in grey/green

size 48. asking 2300 gbp. that price is far less than i've seen them go for. well, in black anyway. i know nothing of the seller though. just stumbled upon this.
                              http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                              http://www.birdytg.com
                              www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                              http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

^ah. true. hence the price perhaps.
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎