Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickismylover
    • Dec 2008

I love that as you wear it, they grow and age with you. Not in the classic sense of clothing, but it literally becomes a part of your soul. Every rip, tear, snag... it shows your life literally on your sleeve.

And isn't fashion about representing just that?

I love his jean jackets that make me look like i've been living under a bridge for 6 months. and his sleeve proportions fit me exactly how I need/want them.

I may have just discovered rick since calling new york my home (not even a year yet), and so? I grew up in detroit (another reason why I love rick, he captured the essence of our grey/green/smog city and labeled it as a color?! amazing) not exactly fashion mecca.

but now I'm assisting a stylist Danny Santiago full time and have been working on vogue (italian, german, and pelle) any film/tv projects of patricia field (say what you will about her, it's work. :p) and have been able to add in my own feel of things too.

it's opened my eyes to amazing designers that I just fell in love with, rick being the first.

so yes, I have so much to learn. I may not be a rich fellow, who has grown up around fashion his whole love, but it's certainly my passion and i'm growing into my role within this industry. I haven't been cultured, or taken trips around the world to flirt between boutiques....but I definitely have that in my plans to do. I want to rip apart belgium and berlin and get into the nitty gritty...

I'm just taking my baby steps.

so help me walk if you want, but eventually I'll learn how to do it on my own. I have the will and the passion to do it, and nothing or no one can stop me.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

looking for a pair of skinny suspenders ideally in leather. robert geller has an amazing suspender this season but you've got to be about 6'3" to pull it off.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• rickismylover
        • Dec 2008

my screename is a personal joke between friends of mine, had no idea it would upset or offend...or even carry weight in a forum. =p

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yohji does suspenders all the time, but they aren't really the mod type you are looking for. Hmmm, you got me stomped. I've always thought of suspenders, as... you know... something my grandpa wears over his tank top.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rickismylover View Post
            my screename is a personal joke between friends of mine, had no idea it would upset or offend...or even carry weight in a forum. =p
            it neither upsets nor offends. it surely makes me want to joke though...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Yohji does suspenders all the time, but they aren't really the mod type you are looking for. Hmmm, you got me stomped. I've always thought of suspenders, as... you know... something my grandpa wears over his tank top.
              that sounds like a look worth experimenting with.

the yohji ones are thick right? i'm definitely thinking more mod. maybe i'll snag the geller ones after all and have them re-worked by a cobbler for me.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• rickismylover
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                it neither upsets nor offends. it surely makes me want to joke though...
                as soon as michelle kicks the bucket, I'm making him gay again.

Comment

• rickismylover
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  looking for a pair of skinny suspenders ideally in leather. robert geller has an amazing suspender this season but you've got to be about 6'3" to pull it off.
                  I have a pair of skinny white leather suspenders from hedi slimane era of dior homme. and I'm only 5'10 and they fit fine. I've only been able to find white and red though

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

it's fine that you want to find stuff cheaper, but you have to understand that you are being pretty ridiculous

there are threads dedicated to good finds, dedicated to rick owens, julius, etc. i think it's fine to have a wtb ad or a post in help finding, but you're basically saying, "everyone do my shopping for me, i'm too lazy to actually read and look around like everyone else". help finding is generally for help finding items you have already tried looking for. excuse me if i'm wrong, but with the vast amount of information on this forum, i don't think you've been looking very hard

if you want to check if someone still has items from old sale threads, send them a private message. maybe you are new to forums, but you are continuing to bump year old threads even though people are telling you how to contact users properly

Comment

• rickismylover
                      • Dec 2008

I'm a newbie to the forum way of life clearly. I just got overly excited about actually finding this oasis that I went a little crazy.

I know how to PM now, won't be bumping up ancient threads.

and in terms of my list, I wasn't asking people to look for these things for me....I was hoping people might have any of these in their closet, see my post and send me a little message.

now that I understand the purpose of this topic, I'll be more reserved.

I'm sorry to come off so annoying.

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

it's fine, live and learn

like DHC said, if you stick around you'll find this forum to be wonderful and full of good nice people. welcome to sz!

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

ah it's cool rick, thought you were another surrealist troll...but you come off as pretty genuine.

I love Detroit...went to Michigan for college. Well, maybe the reality of Detroit ain't as great as the idea of it, but man, that's fuckin Motown right there can't take that away from it.

i like the idea of wearing clothes until they're tattooed on every aspect of your existence, it's what i strive for as well...i dunno bout the jean jacket/under the bridge thing though. If you don't live it, why wear it. Although once you acquire all that Rick and Pugh, yeah by all means man, don't treat that shit like it's some kinda precious gem, go eat takeout chinese and pizza then get drunk and dance til you wake up in a dump in those clothes, by all means..as for Berlin...again, I don't think it's something you can adopt by simply buying into. I appreciate the intention behind it, but going with the flow of what you said, your clothes gotta reflect something authentic about the way you live, think and communicate within the world. Then again, if you are sex drugs rock and roll and 1972, then rock out man, rock out.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

thought i was just going to have a chance at this, but i guess not. fuck me.

Comment

• drexl
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                              thought i was just going to have a chance at this, but i guess not. fuck me.

I believe Faust called dibs on that piece...

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

interesting jacket, where's it from? Reminds me of a Chinese style jacket with european military buttoning.
                                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎