X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Thick winter coat needed

I'm looking for a thick warm long coat for winter.

Tried the ma+ long wool coat (48) at Atelier, and also Ann Dem's wool/silk/rayon high neck coat (XXS) in Tokyo.

I loved the material of the ma+ coat, it was warm and thick enough, but i felt the bottom half flared out too much, and not enough buttons to close up the coat. love the simplicity though.

The slim fit and silhouette of the Ann coat in XXS was perfect for me, BUT the material was too thin.

Any recommendations?

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

^Did you try this piece by Attachment? I really love this. The Ann D. coat is amazing as well. I always go for something hooded during winter. But I suppose it depends on your location and how casual you're willing to look.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Acid, Ann never does super warm coats, because she is all about layering. But this season's coats are killer from her. Did you notice the long Viridi-Anne coat at A? That looked really thick and warm.

Anyway, I don't remember the last time we had a freezing winter in New York, so I don't really care. Coat + knit + l/s tee is always warm enough for me.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Acid, Ann never does super warm coats, because she is all about layering. But this season's coats are killer from her. Did you notice the long Viridi-Anne coat at A? That looked really thick and warm.

Anyway, I don't remember the last time we had a freezing winter in New York, so I don't really care. Coat + knit + l/s tee is always warm enough for me.
          I fell in love with the Ann coat the moment i put it on at Lift! And then i saw it again at Atelier (although A didn't have it in xxs). But it's just too thin for what i'm looking for. Another concern was that the material looked like it could be hooked and pulled easily, which would absolutely kill me...not if, but WHEN, it happens.

I tried the long thick wool Viridi-Anne coat in Tokyo at their shop. I don't like the fit...it's boxy, and it's made that way so that you can fit a suit beneath it. I'm looking for a more fitted cut. Got to say that Ann coat's cut is exactly what i'm looking for.

The Devoa linen coat i bought recently has got the perfect cut and silhouette too, but a pity they don't make one in wool. They've got one in the same cut as a cashmere blend knit, and i'm not looking for knit-type coats.

Faust, thanks for the reply though.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
            ^Did you try this piece by Attachment? I really love this. The Ann D. coat is amazing as well. I always go for something hooded during winter. But I suppose it depends on your location and how casual you're willing to look.
            Thanks Peasant, but i'm not looking for a hooded coat...

the search continues...

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
              Thanks Peasant, but i'm not looking for a hooded coat...

the search continues...
              New Poell Wool Long Coat at A. It looks incredible.

Comment

• merkuri
                • Sep 2009

^reasonable too. sell some blood, sperm, etc. shit, sell your skin and CCP can make a coat for you from it.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ can't go wrong with custom made.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                    New Poell Wool Long Coat at A. It looks incredible.
                    Got to say that i've always felt CCP items to be incredibly uncomfortable when worn...

Comment

• merkuri
                      • Sep 2009

^i dunno if it's the price or the materials but i always feel dirty and uncomfortable trying on poell pieces.

Comment

• Peasant
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
                        ^reasonable too. sell some blood, sperm, etc. shit, sell your skin and CCP can make a coat for you from it.
                        Well, when a long coat by MA+ is on your maybe list, price is usually of no object.
                        I agree with the comfort level on a lot of Poell pieces. Some of it is too experimental to be completely comfortable. Or someone else would have done it already. A lot of it seems to become more comfortable as it ages. Or it falls apart.

Comment

• tomatous
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

I find ccp footwear extremely comfortable.. Although I have not tried the rubber dipped sneakers..

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Help me find a good pair of straight pants that look good tucked into jeans. Seriously, ive had it with the leggings-fit stretch jeans wich is pretty much all stockholm has to offer.

i have a pair of indigo colored DBSS jeans that i love to death, fit is straight and narrow but not "tight". Altough the color really clashes with a pair of black boots, a similar pair in grey/black would probably do the trick. (komakino actually has the very same model in black on sale, and i have sent them quite alot of emails about them but i have never recieved any replies, so i guess theyre out of stock or something)

For some mysterious reason, none of the DRKSHDW cuts that i have tried on copes with the shape of my legs. I guess im some sort of freak of nature.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Sized-up n(n) jeans?

Does anyone know where I could score the Rick goat hair beanie from last year? I guess Y! would be the first place to look..
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                                • May 2008

Looking for this Junya Watanabe jacket in this color in a size L

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎