• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mindrice
    • Jun 2007

Re: help finding

another option:

number(n)ine makes a loose collar in black. check yahoo jp!

and it's not too expensive.

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Looking for "knit collars." I know that Who? posted a WAYWT recently with the Veronique one and that looked to be about $140 - $170 on average. There's this one on Refinery 29 shop that's $122:

A very decent looking alternative that won't require a proxy service. Seen a couple of sites offering hand-made ones, but they're a little too "homey" in general.

If anyone has seen the Branquino one around I'd appreciate a lead, or any alternatives appreciated as usual. This remains to my eye an extremely decent way to easily add interest to a silhouette by forcing the neckline up, but I'm not much of a "scarves" guy, so this looks pretty fantastic to me.

[/quote]

Hey Servo, I've been on this all Fall. Since these items are unisex and really don't matter much from a brand standpoint, it just depends on the type you want. Here's a roundup in order of price:

APC: a wool turtleneck that's basically a dickie without the chest part, $46. Got one in black, isn't on their site but there may still be some at the store. Basically looks like a thick turtleneck when worn.

Club Monaco: Cashmere and cotton versiion, sold in the women's sections, in either grey or black. Soft and drapey, very cowl-like, a knockoff of the Mickael Kors one shown on runway for this fall, $129. Measures about a foot wide and 18", flat.

Miu-Miu: wool, very full, drapes on the neck like the YSL's balaclava, $185 at Madison Avenue Barney's Co-op, available in charcoal, black and navy. A little stiff and itchy, though. The navy one is slightly softer. About 18" wide, maybe 2 ft long, flat.

Michael Kors: at his new store in Soho, only available in camel and brown cashmere, no black or gray as shown on the runway. Gold Michael Kors logo plate scare me off so I don't know the price. Heard they run around $685 full price.

YSL: not really a neck warmer so much as a balaclava that you can wear over your head, but shown on the runway around the neck. Wool versions in charcoal full retail around $385, cashmere versions in $785 and $1100 respectively, depending on the ply.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

Funny you should mention balaclavas, I've actually been keeping an eye out for those as well. I'm thinking I might grab a military issue one in addition to one of these neck collars, or maybe the Rick Owen's one that's on eBay at the moment. I appreciate the rundown!
        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mindrice
          • Jun 2007

hey servo this is the number(n)ine item i was referring to

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="mindrice"]

hey servo this is the number(n)ine item i was referring to

[/quote]

Only $145 on the site (sold out in all but charcoal). Probably cheaper on Y!J but it seems like the proxy costs might outweight the benefit.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

Servo, if you want something specific you could always commission sistersuzie on sufu to make one for you :)
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Re: help finding

[quote user="Jun"]

Does anyone in NY know a shop that carries Faliero Sarti's wrap/stole/scarf?

[/quote]

This is a very good question; unfortunately, I believe that Sarti is not sold here. Sarti seems appropriate for IF though, right?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ agreed, very appropriate.

Servo, I really liked the one the Viridi-Anne made - was thinking to order it through a proxy myself. Bakla, are you still on the market? Maybe we could split the shipping costs.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

/\ agreed, very appropriate.

Servo, I really liked the one the Viridi-Anne made - was thinking to order it through a proxy myself. Bakla, are you still on the market? Maybe we could split the shipping costs.

[/quote]

No, I really want either the YSL or the original runway version of Kors - I want it big and drapey. Apparently, I want my neck to look very uncircumsized![74]

Comment

• Who?
                      • Aug 2007

Servo- The collar I have is the same one that Faust posted. I would recommend this collar over the others because is can be worn a bunch of different ways. Here are a couple of pics of it being worn:

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Servo, wanna see if we can split the shipping?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

I'll probably start thinking about this next week, it depends on how much money I have left when I get back from L.A. this weekend. For what I'm looking to buy at the moment I should be good, but I have trouble imagining that in a day of shopping I won't run into a couple of things to tack onto what I "need."

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]I'll probably start thinking about this next week, it depends on how much money I have left when I get back from L.A. this weekend. For what I'm looking to buy at the moment I should be good, but I have trouble imagining that in a day of shopping I won't run into a couple of things to tack onto what I "need."[/quote]

Keep me posted.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chim
                              • Dec 2006

Faust, I'd be willing to grab one alongside with you, that neckwarmer looks fantastic [Y]

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chim"]Faust, I'd be willing to grab one alongside with you, that neckwarmer looks fantastic [Y]

[/quote]

Yea? PM me. Who should we use?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎