X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schuur
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Michael_Robartes View Post
    Could anybody be so kind as to forward me some of their favourite mens ann demeulemeester-esque looks.. either waywt's, magazine shoots/editorials, runway photos etc
    get her book

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
      What fair priced high top sneakers can you recommend? (ie non Rick, Boris, ...)

(click)

Comment

• schuur
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        Maybe these:

I've considered those, but I kind of feel like they're too Rick derivative. I'm also beginning to think that expensive sneakers in general are kind of bullshit, but I don't know of any decent alternatives (made in a first world country and not ugly in a bad way).
        how the fuck are dbss rick derivative? did he invent the sneaker? they look nothing like any of ricks shoes first of all (as does nothing else dbss makes) and theyve been making the exact same shoe since 2007... jesus it feels like you could post nikes here and people would call it a rick ripoff, post some 200yr old blazer out of a museum and people would say its the latest paul harnden "derivative"

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

I think it looks a lot like dunks, which debuted in '06. I've seen DBSS use white laces on that colorway and wrap them around the back, and the influence is a lot more apparent when they do that. Lots of Japanese stuff is pretty derivative save for a few exceptional designers actually.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

^ that's kinda bullshit but yes DBSS sneakers are nice. the silhouette is a lot chunkier than Rick though so not sure if you'd dig 'em MoFiya.

Comment

• schuur
              • Oct 2013

I think it looks a lot like dunks, which debuted in '06. I've seen DBSS use white laces on that colorway and wrap them around the back, and the influence is a lot more apparent when they do that. Lots of Japanese stuff is pretty derivative save for a few exceptional designers actually.
              youre deluded if you think rick dunks were relevant enough in 2006 to be worthy "copying". and if the only similarities you can think of are the color of the laces i dont really know what to say... i dont know how you can even compare them in the first place, the two labels are about as far apart as you can get. and the last statement is just ignorant

Comment

• grapefruitpop
                Banned
                • Jun 2013

schuur I would definitely agree that the whole derivative/origniality thing goes too far around here. But the DBSS sneakers and Rick are pretty similar in the overall chunky silhouette and the black/white. No idea which design came first.

Comment

• jap808
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  What fair priced high top sneakers can you recommend? (ie non Rick, Boris, ...)
                  What about BB Washed (by Bruno Bordese)? I own a pair and found these are a good alternative to RO...
                  http://www.cottonclubshop.com/uomo/c...s/a283-bl.html

ps: there are 3434343 styles and 423843278473829 colors: I'd go for the classic style without laces, with metal buttons...

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Thanks for the suggestions!
                    I've actually looked into Rombaut and Masnada. I think especially Masnada has some good stuff going on, I really dig these. However, albeit 50% off RO at retail, I still cannot afford them unless at sale.

I'ld say 200-250€ max or a sale
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by schuur View Post
                      youre deluded if you think rick dunks were relevant enough in 2006 to be worthy "copying". and if the only similarities you can think of are the color of the laces i dont really know what to say... i dont know how you can even compare them in the first place, the two labels are about as far apart as you can get. and the last statement is just ignorant
                      I might be deluded, but the DBSS design is diluted:

But you're right, they don't just copy Rick. They copy other designers, like undercoverism:

I guess it's unfair to pick on the Japanese, though, most designers aren't that original. Originality isn't everything though. I do own those shorts, I'm still considering the sneakers, and maybe someday try some of the outerwear that they're more known for.

And yes, dunks were a major game changer during a time when luxury sneakers meant Common Projects/Lanvin/Raf/Dior. They were all about slim and subtle, costing ballpark $500? Then along comes Rick with his $1000 moon boots.

Comment

• schuur
                        • Oct 2013

wow one of dbss 1000 colourways ended up being black and white instead of leopard print or bright blue patent leather, what a fucking surprise, must be a rick ripoff because of course he invented making shoes in those 2 colours. and the fact that you think common projects were considered luxury in 2006 says a lot... they retailed for like ~200$ and went for 75$ used

undercover did not invent scabbed pants, theyve been around since pants have and were quite obviously ripped from punk culture

rick did not invent big sneakers, he ripped them off nike down to the swoosh

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Relax man, I don't care if you enjoy wearing expensive knockoffs, it's cool.

Comment

• schuur
                            • Oct 2013

Relax man, I don't care if you enjoy wearing expensive knockoffs, it's cool.
                            i dont own dbss sneaks just think youre ignorant

"its cool tho "

Comment

• ibringdoom98
                              • May 2013

YYPH Grey/Green Camo Pants

I need some help finding the current season YYPH Grey/Green camo pants in size 3 or 4. I've got the matching jacket but I've been looking all over for the pants and no dice. All stockists/auctions I've seen have had the brown/green version with side zippers. Any leads would be great! Image of the pants I'm interested in finding:

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by schuur View Post
                                i dont own dbss sneaks just think youre ignorant

"its cool tho "
                                And I think you're a whiny pussy, so whatever I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎