X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiptop
    • Aug 2007

Re: Help finding.....

Thnks for the quick reply! (knew you would help) - so far I've called Chicago, New York, SF and need to try the rest. Sales assistants haven't been super helpful though so I'm not even sure I believe anyone so far. Will keep trying...

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

Well, Katie in Men's Designer at Barneys SF is great - she'll tell you whether or not she thinks an item is worth getting, because she would rather you be satisfied than just make a sale. The Beverly Hills store tends to have a lot more items like New York, although I think the SAs I've dealt with there are rather craptastic.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

I would contact Helmut over at Park.co.at. They carry a very good majority of the Raf line...only thing is, it wont be on sale right now.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Does anyone know if these came in a high top version? Or any other colors?

[/quote]

Check your PM.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="xeefus"][quote user="philip nod"]fyi, they fit two sizes big, i wear a 43 and got a 41.
            [/quote]
            Oh, heh, that's pretty important information. You wear a 43 in Converse or, what should I use as a reference? I'm a 43 in all-stars.
            [/quote]

i don't wear all stars because my feet have really high arches and those are pretty flat footed if i remember from when i was 12 :) i'm a 10 1/2 in US pumas and a 43 in MA or Carpe diem boots and pretty much any other dress shoe i've ever bought that is sized normal....

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

help finding... long leather gloves (elbow length or shorter)?

Comment

• cd1
                • Oct 2007

[quote user="CHRIS"]help finding... long leather gloves (elbow length or shorter)?[/quote]

i am interested in a pair of leather gloves like this as well; probably not as long as chris is looking for, but longer than your basic leather gloves, and a bit sleeker than the F/W 07 julius gloves, for example

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]help finding... long leather gloves (elbow length or shorter)?[/quote]

I don't recall if Camouflage sold their last leather and knit Robert Geller gauntlets, but if they didn't, they should be on sale now - I think they were originally retailing for $180. If not, you should call Blackbird or one of the other stores on robertgeller-ny.com (Scout maybe?) who might still have one.

Of course, you could also buy directly from lacrasia.com, where I've had gloves custom-made for me (two years ago I fell in love with Daniel Faret's driving gauntlets and knew they would never reach the US, so I had them made - they turned out awesome, for less than $200!). They have 'opera length black leather gloves' in the men's glove section for $200, as well as those four-finger sheaths that Atelier was selling last year for much much more (they're only $40 here) in any color you want,

A palm sheath without finger or thumb sections (similar to Julius' Spring 08 version, but infinitely cheaper):

and a flared, slightly-shorter-than elbow length gauntlet that would definitely make a statement:

See the array at http://www.lacrasia.com/html/men_s_gloves.html

Also, leatherglovesonline.com has quite the selection, a little Hell's Angels where the gauntlets are concerned, but interesting possibilities:

kinda funny for a mere $90. See teh rest here: http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/pages2/mb1a-mb1b.htm

If you have small hands and don't mind a second-skin fit, the unlined women's gloves are a good option. Club Monaco is showing them this year as well for women, and they're likely on sale now, but don't have them on their website.

Sorry, went a little off-topic and overboard, but I'm just really into gloves at the moment. [:|]

Comment

• Joe
                    • Jun 2007

Kinda on the look for some nice knits, but could use some more help. Have been falling in love with this Raf knit. But really would love to see a fit pic. of it. Just to see how the collar works out, and would not want it to shine to much.

http://www.oki-ni.com/invt/rs0006slv

The similar one on browns is also ok.

http://www.brownsfashion.com/product...wear/87682.htm

Other than that, other knit tips would be good. Prefer some with a bit long sleeves, that are a bit oversized. Have been checking out Viridi-Anne.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I have the one from Browns - it's awesome. Barneys on Madison had the oki ni one in blue at 60% off.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

Seven has a similar one in black, on a model, on their site. Looks kind of oversized, though>

http://sevennewyork.com/designerpage...aterblack.html

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

Also, anyone know if they've seen this Margiela jacket already on sale? AlohaRag has it on sale but only in a 50, and I would need a 46. Browns in London seems to have it, but they're still full price - looking to get it for less than that, preferably in the US, considering how many wears I won't get out of it. None of the Margiela stores have it anymore, and neither it seems does Barneys in NYC of Beverly Hills.

[/quote]
                          My SA at Holts pulled this jacket from the Vancouver store to go to the Toronto store so I could have my brother in Toronto buy it for me, but it got sold even after he pulled it. It's really annoying - I couldn't pay for it over the phone because I need to be an existing customer of Holts already otherwise they can't take the order. I personally think that's weird since I've ordered stuff from all over the planet, yet I can't get something shipped to me from Canada. ugh. Anyhow, still looking for this, preferable already on sale. Right now only Browns still has it, and not only is it full price but with the weak dollar, it's even more than it would have cost to buy it here in NYC at full price, without the shipping.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Bakla- I'm assuming you called the other Margiela boutiques around the globe? You may want to contact Maxfields in LA, but they aren't on sale yet. Fred Segal might have it as well but again, they don't go on sale...Damn LA stores.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

Oh, I tried them both weeks ago - no dice, at least not that they told me. And yeah, tried the other stores- actually, the Margiela boutique here did the legwork for me.

Comment

• mesh
                                • Dec 2006

Sounds like you dealt with Syd, she's the bomb yo.

PS. You didn't find me that thing! No bag for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎