• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: Help finding.....

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Casius"]I'm really curious how much, if any customs is going to be. I've never ordered through Browns....There's a few things I want too.[/quote]

ordered from browns before, shipped by DHL, no customs fees. hopefully will be the same this time around.

[/quote]

I was told that anything below $800 would not be charged a customs fee, as that's what you're allowed to take into the country. That said, did you receive an email from Browns about the price not being correct? I did this morning and it's annoying as it's almost $300 more, and they're asking me to confirm if I still want to make the purchase.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Man, that sucks! I wonder what the deal was? They had all of their sale prices and then they're gone now...what a tease. That's good to hear about the no customs fee if under $800, I'll definitely have to remember that.

(Now that you mention it, I haven't been charged any customs on anything I have ordered overseas...probably just for the above reason.)

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

Someone hit the sale pricing a bit too early in the game - I think they weren't supposed to go on sale until the 27th anyhow, but maybe because I processed my order they're in effect doing a pre-sale for me. Ah well, it's still a good price, especially once the VAT is deducted.

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="bakla"]I was told that anything below $800 would not be charged a customs fee, as that's what you're allowed to take into the country.[/quote]

i got charged a customs fee when i ordered a $400 dries sweater. =(

Comment

• bakla
            • Oct 2006

Well, scratch that theory. How much were the duties, Chris?

Comment

• cbdas
              • Oct 2006

Anyone know where the dries van noten assymetrical cardigan(womens included)is still available ? Missed chris's auction of it .

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

cbdas- Try calling Saks in SF, they might still have some.

Does anyone know of any stores that carry MMM in NY that have some bags on sale? The MMM store here was ALL out of bags! I'm looking to maybe pick one up while i'm in NY.

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

Does anyone know of any stores that carry MMM in NY that have some bags on sale? The MMM store here was ALL out of bags! I'm looking to maybe pick one up while i'm in NY.

[/quote]

Wait, aren't you the one who's helping ME with MMM bags?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Casius"]I'm really curious how much, if any customs is going to be. I've never ordered through Browns....There's a few things I want too.[/quote]

ordered from browns before, shipped by DHL, no customs fees. hopefully will be the same this time around.

[/quote]

I was told that anything below $800 would not be charged a customs fee, as that's what you're allowed to take into the country. That said, did you receive an email from Browns about the price not being correct? I did this morning and it's annoying as it's almost $300 more, and they're asking me to confirm if I still want to make the purchase.

[/quote]

Yep, just checked. I canceled my order. It did sound too good to be true. Oh, well.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bahaha, yea I am. But they aren't on sale yet! I'm actually going to call again tomorrow and ask. You know any stores in NY? :D

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Barneys has a couple, but they aren't masculine enough. I don't think IF puts their Margiela bags on sale. Of course, there is also the boutique, not sure about them.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Oh Barneys does have some? The boutique might be a good place to check...but I'm sure it's going to be similar to here...meaning mostly everything is gone.

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="bakla"][quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bahaha, yea I am. But they aren't on sale yet! I'm actually going to call again tomorrow and ask. You know any stores in NY? :D

[/quote]

Project No.8 apparently has the one I like, except in a suede-like color - much lighter. Not bad, just not what I was looking for. I'll keep an eye out, but even margiela only has the stiff leather tote, which isn't that bad, just kinda stiff:

http://harputsmarket.myshopify.com/products/leather-tote

I think it's on sale too, although I didn't ask how much.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

That tote is cool, but I'm looking for something with a shoulder strap. Man, bags are hard to find on sale...I may just have to bite the bullet at retail...argh.

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

I say be perfectly honest and give Harputs a call, and ask them when they go on sale - it can't hurt. The guy I spoke to there (the buyer) was extremely friendly, and liked talking with someone who 'got' the designers he was carrying. You can always say you've spent too much during the holidays (which is likely true) and want something on sale, so if he could alert you as soon as stuff gets marked down? They always seem really friendly to me when I ask that way. It's a reasonable request if you don't make it sound like you're anything but a savvy shopper!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎