X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: CDG hats

hmmm...are you sure you want to shell out that much for a designer hat? Because I feel like you could really (and I never say this) get the same thing, in the same quality for a lot less.

But if I had to choose between the two, I would say the Junya hat has a certain Tom Sawyer downriver vibe when worn, which might be less desirable in the long run than the more classic Yohji. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Oh, I definitely think you're right about finding a similar look somewhere else. But after looking at some various hats, it seems the high quality ones usually go for around the $400 mark anyway. But I guess this applies to a lot of designer pieces. :)

Thank you for the honest opinion by the way. The Yohji one would probably aesthetically last longer....I guess I gotta run down to the Gorilla store in LA to see the CDG ones in person.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• jin2353
        • Jan 2008

gray blazer

hi does anyone know who makes this blazer?

the gray blazer at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-uzzVc_4k

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

Oh, I definitely think you're right about finding a similar look somewhere else. But after looking at some various hats, it seems the high quality ones usually go for around the $400 mark anyway. But I guess this applies to a lot of designer pieces. :)

Thank you for the honest opinion by the way. The Yohji one would probably aesthetically last longer....I guess I gotta run down to the Gorilla store in LA to see the CDG ones in person.

[/quote]

Cas the Junya ones are tiny. I think this is because they are supposed to sit on top of your head, rather than down onto it, if you know what I mean. Maybe I've just got a massive head though.... I actually have a "designer" hat - a cream linen and cotton brimmed one from Y's. I love it, although I get almost no use out of it! Wear it on holiday only. But...I've always thought YY does great hats, so I'dsuggest go woth the yohji and also try out Ys sicne they will be a bit cheaper and more classic.

Speaking of designer accessories I got some mental bright turquoise rimmed CDG/Cutler & Gross sunnies last week.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Johnny"][quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

Cas the Junya ones are tiny. I think this is because they are supposed to sit on top of your head, rather than down onto it, if you know what I mean. Maybe I've just got a massive head though.... I actually have a "designer" hat - a cream linen and cotton brimmed one from Y's. I love it, although I get almost no use out of it! Wear it on holiday only. But...I've always thought YY does great hats, so I'dsuggest go woth the yohji and also try out Ys sicne they will be a bit cheaper and more classic.

Speaking of designer accessories I got some mental bright turquoise rimmed CDG/Cutler & Gross sunnies last week.

[/quote]

Thanks Johnny! I definitely need to check out Y's as well....it's just a shame not too many places around LA carry Yohji or Y's. :(

I'm interested to see those CDG/Cutler & Gross sunglasses though. That's a good collaboration right there.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Re: gray blazer

[quote user="jin2353"]

[/quote]

No idea, but thumbs up for a DM video :-). Do you like this in particular or just the idea of contrasting lapels or contrast in the jacket? Because Ann Demeulemeester has been doing that for the past couple of seasons. Here is an example on Yoox. And another, more subtle one (you'll have to really zoom in to see the contrast on the lapels).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drexl
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="jin2353"]

[/quote]

It's J. Lindeberg, he got both Dave Gahan and VV from The Kills to advertise his shit awhile ago.

Comment

• Leonard
                  • Oct 2007

jin2353, I think it is a J. Lindeberg blazer. Lindeberg had a collaboration with Dave Gahan during 2006.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"][quote user="jin2353"]

[/quote]

It's J. Lindeberg, he got both Dave Gahan and VV from The Kills to advertise his shit awhile ago.

[/quote]

Ugh.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Not fashion related, but does anyone of you art aficionados know where I can buy a replica of this Brancusi sculpture? I wonder if the Guggenheim museum store has it... [72]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

i've never seen that in any art museum stores...
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]i've never seen that in any art museum stores...
                          [/quote]

Can you make one?! [<:o)] I don't know why it just struck me so deeply. Must be fluidity of form. I would like it in 3-D so I can stare at it like I stare into fire or an ocean.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

Can you make one?! [<:o)] I don't know why it just struck me so deeply. Must be fluidity of form. I would like it in 3-D so I can stare at it like I stare into fire or an ocean.

[/quote]

that's a good one! the bird in space series is one of my favorites. i'm sure you could get it done. but it would take one helluva moldmaker.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that's a good one! the bird in space series is one of my favorites. i'm sure you could get it done. but it would take one helluva moldmaker.

[/quote]

I want the bronze one :-). Copper will do probably.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

I couldn't bring myself to get the jacket from the Library, I just don't have something like 8k for a jacket after customs fees. So, I'm hunting a CCP overlock in a 54 (grey or black, not the cappuchino) for $4000 or less if anyone sees one. Sorry for setting off the flurry of comments in the CCP thread. I was somehow convinced it would cost a bit less.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎