• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mass
    • Sep 2006

Re: Help Finding

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="mesh"]

I hated them when bakla posted about them was that last week?

Didn't you say you wanted them a couple days ago now?

[86]

[/quote]

mass hypnosis. you are all insane.

mass, maybe Zam knows where to get them zippers. i will also ask my friend. how many do you need?

[/quote]

thanks! i need 4... i'm trying to find some rectangular pulls too (similar to ry). will give zamb a shout.

Comment

• diamonds
      • Dec 2006

Hi,

I'd like help finding Raf's signature velcro shoe in black in a size 41... please. :(

Just bought some 42's but they're a lot bigger than I thought they would be.

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

I've seen Jon's astronaut sneakers in person a number of times in a row now, and I must say these pictures don't do them justice. They look killer in real life.

[quote user="Komakino"][quote user="firstlove"][quote user="diamonds"][quote user="firstlove"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="firstlove"]

does anyone know where i can find raf simons astronaut or velcro sneakers in all black?

Size 40 or 41 would be alright.

komakino has them, but i'd like to look at other stores as well.

thank you all in advance :)

[/quote]

i'm pretty sure these are all defective...

[/quote]

hi thanks for your response. what do you mean by that? arethe raf simon astronaut shoes not as good in terms of quality?

[/quote]

the foil wrapping that makes them look patent peels off
        [/quote]

it does? wow.. i guess i should go for the all black lanvin high tops:(

[/quote]

I wear mine a LOT (almost everyday in the shopfor the past 5 months)... they're starting to get really beat up and yes, the foil does peel off (more deliberate than defective) which doesn't seem to affect the overall lifespan of the show. They have a grey layer under it. I'll post a pic once they wear a bit more, but here's a couple shots for now... They were a bitch to break in but now they're maybe the most comfortable shoe I have.

- Jon

[/quote]
        —
        -

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

But did it really require quoting all of that?

Lulz.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• iSuck
            • Mar 2008

I need a black blazer (after sseeing the pic of DHC in Hawaii) I realized even more that I do.

Is there anything from Rick this season (like the tan one on Koko?)? If not what else at Atelier? I checked out Barneys last weekend and can't recall anything that tickled me pink.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

I dont get the appeal of the shoes... They aren't bad but are they really worth hunting for? After several wears the outer plastic comes off. That's not something raf planned. Thats just shoddy workmanship. You can try to rationalize it however you want but the stuff tears and after it tears it then becomes just another dingy pair of hi tops. Comfortable... Sure. But so are $50 chucks once you've worn them in.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="iSuck"]

I need a black blazer (after sseeing the pic of DHC in Hawaii) I realized even more that I do.

Is there anything from Rick this season (like the tan one on Koko?)? If not what else at Atelier? I checked out Barneys last weekend and can't recall anything that tickled me pink.

[/quote]

in my opinion rick's strong suit is not at all in tailored pieces and also looks bad. i know he's trumpted all throughout the board, but look into a ccp blazer. fit and tailoring is impeccable.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Rick is definitely not know for his tailored pieces and I agree with Joey that is blazers just look straight up awkward.

usuck- Why don't you go with something like Jil or Margiela or even Thom? Or does it have to be from Atelier?

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]I dont get the appeal of the shoes... They aren't bad but are they really worth hunting for? After several wears the outer plastic comes off. That's not something raf planned. Thats just shoddy workmanship. You can try to rationalize it however you want but the stuff tears and after it tears it then becomes just another dingy pair of hi tops. Comfortable... Sure. But so are $50 chucks once you've worn them in.[/quote]

I agreeeeee partially ... I don't think they knew that the sewing around the sole would compromise the strength of the foil... And if I had have known that, I might have opted for a different pair of shoes when I still had the chance.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Well, he did know seeing as the silver shoes from FW0708 had the same issues. I talked with the guys at Seven for quite a while about it and they even marked down all of the silver sneakers waaaaaay low because of the problem. (Thus the reason why I bought them)

I definitely think one of the problems with Raf's fabrics and application is that they can either be really nice and modern or feel cheap and crappy. I probably would never pay retail for those though, especially knowing they have that problem. Mine from F/W were maybe 70% off or more....

Comment

• diamonds
                        • Dec 2006

Well... it's possible that the S/S08 have been fixed? F/W07 had black ones too... the newer ones look a bit different in photos ... i tihn... uhh i dunno

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

That's what I'm wondering. Are the sneakers that Jon has from SS08?

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

i like the fit of rick's blazers... something similar would be raf's. my guess is he wants something a little different...

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Rick's would definitely be 'different'. Another cool option could be Yohji or Y's. I love some of Y's blazers.

Comment

• Tiger
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2006

I actually like the look of these peeling off...

I own the Raf's silver astronauts which were the most fragile one among the other two's and they peel off everytime I wear them.

I also own the paper CCP's and 30% of the paper is peeled off intentionally and unintentionally.

They both look great IMO and they're quite comfortable (unlike my RO blk/wht trainers which I regret buying...)

diamonds,

I'd recommend you to look for the Lanvin's instead, if you're look for a black 'shiny' hi-tops. It's very durable and you can wear them with anything.

I once got away wearing them with a suit to a friend's wedding...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎