X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • en0rm
    • May 2010

Hamburg

Im going to Hamburg (Germany) soon....are there any stores worth going to?? i tried searching on google but didnt really find anything.
    thanks

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
      New York - i thought this sounds interesting (not sure if this is the correct thread)...

"Patron of the New"
      Shop designer clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories. Visit our store at Tribeca, New York City.

151 Franklin Street, NY 10013

lines include: Gustavolins, Thimister, Nicolas Andreas Taralis, Siki Im, No Editions, 1-100 Graham Tabor

I haven't been so can't comment, but was interested to see Gustavolins & Thimister
      This is an interesting newcomer, run by Al Albayan, who managed Number (N)ine before that. A genuinely sweet and good guy. A beautiful store, too.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hurricane08
        • Nov 2008

went to the eternal city last week and visited two stores (as mentioned before)

First one:

-Motelsalieri .Couldn't remember the number and it was really hard to find.I was like some meters from the boutique , asked about 10 people and got inside to a couple of stores and they didn't know it.....Really nice enviroment ,the assistant was very kind and helpful.They carry attachment (lots and really nice stuff) ,cdg,some avantidietro,devoa,raf,fabio quaranta (the owner),individual sentiments,nude masahiko maruyama etc. I entered the "temple" as well ...

Pics: 01 02 03 04 05 06

Second:

- Degli Effetti .Near the Pantheon,actually there are two boutiques,one for mens and the other for womens (more stuff). Exclusive stuff and some of them in affordable prices (-50%).Mens Brands : Paul Harden,Cdiem,Rick,Lumen et umbra,Augusta,ccp,lost and found,DD,Givenchy,Issey Miyake,yohji etc. Couldn't find stuff in my size though

Comment

• Tom Long
          • Dec 2010

Updated Map for Los Angeles?

Does anyone have an updated map for Los Angeles? I will be there Labor Day Weekend...

Thank you in advance!!!

Comment

• akatsuki
            • Nov 2010

Hotoveli in the west village for New York should be on there.
            Shop luxury designer fashion collections for men and women at Hotoveli. We stock a selection of Guidi, Uma Wang, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake, Taichimurakami, Layer-0, Comme Des Garcons, and more. Shop online today!

Surprised to see 45rpm on there since they have started moving some production to China (sadly).

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by akatsuki View Post
              Hotoveli in the west village for New York should be on there.
              Shop luxury designer fashion collections for men and women at Hotoveli. We stock a selection of Guidi, Uma Wang, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Issey Miyake, Taichimurakami, Layer-0, Comme Des Garcons, and more. Shop online today!

Surprised to see 45rpm on there since they have started moving some production to China (sadly).
              No, it shouldn't.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• akatsuki
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                No, it shouldn't.
                I have no stake in it - just went there once to try on some Incarnation leather, but curious why not?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Because I am a romantic and I would like to believe that there should be continuity between the people who sell the clothes and the clothes themselves. Exhibit A, Atelier. Exhibit B, Hotoveli. I don't want a guy in distressed bootcut blue jeans and a striped tshirt selling me Comme des Garcons. Not because I think he's not a nice person, but because I would like to think that if you appreciate the clothes you sell than you wear them and then we can also connect on a deeper level and it's not all just another business, although it undoubtedly is. And I know the Hotoveli guys troll this forum, so please take this advice free of charge.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atom
                    • Sep 2009

I know here are some members from Russia & St. Petersburg. Any insights for clubs, bars, cafes, art galleries, must-sees et cetera?

I'll be visiting St. Petersburg in a couple of weeks, any help would be much appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• surver
                      • Oct 2007

www.superfuture.com has a series of 'urban cartography' maps of various major cities showing current hip and in shopping/dining/clubs/etc destinations that provides great base information. the graphics are beautiful and extremely easy to navigate and read; imo better then the usual tourist maps since they weed out alot of unnecessary info and show only the concise necessary in graphic well-designed graphic format). they also have a concierge service for specific travelers.

my firm actually helped out on setting up the shanghai map with them; and i've actually brought people around on (cultural/arts/trends) tour of taipei for them :)

Comment

• dödskalle
                        • Apr 2010

BARCELONA

Any update on stores in Barcelona
                        Im there now and will be back again for 3 weeks in december.
                        All I could find was doshaburi doshaburi that looked ok, and hamptons that may have something... No CCP no BBS for some reason?

Comment

• jostun
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by dödskalle View Post
                          Any update on stores in Barcelona
                          Im there now and will be back again for 3 weeks in december.
                          All I could find was doshaburi doshaburi that looked ok, and hamptons that may have something... No CCP no BBS for some reason?
                          Do not know very interesting things in Barcelona. Maybe The Outpost, apart from Doshaburi, a men accesories shop. Go to Persuade, in Bilbao. The most interesting in Spain.
                          also you can go to Suus, in Madrid or to Noventa Grados in San Sebastian ( here you can find BBS).

Comment

• t-bone
                            • Dec 2009

HK map on the front page is pretty out-dated (Ann, Margiela, Gareth, and Comme have all moved and there are new shops here and there) so I have been compiling a new map while I'm visiting:

Last day is tomorrow and I might do some more exploring, but I think its pretty complete as far as SZ shopping goes. I mean really what more do you need beyond INK? ;-)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Thanks, dude. We should do a foodie excursion once you get back.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• t-bone
                                • Dec 2009

Indeed! Back in a few days, I'll hit you up once jetlag dissipates.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎