X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    personally not a fan of the square toe, but who can complain. interesting alternative for men.
    i own the previous boot with the pointed toe from his earlier collections(pre 09) & am quite satisfied with it. i really dislike square toes in general but these seem to grab me when in the context of rad's aesthetic. these remind me so much of ricks heel that i am having a hard deciding between rick and rad.
    Last edited by messenoire; 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• pseudonym
      • Jun 2009

CJBreed, The coloring on those is similar to a boot I have by Augusta, color termed 'fog'. Not a perfect match obviously, but certainly they act in the same context of outfit suitability.

I found myself wearing them almost every 'nice' day this winter, despite the lighter color. Obviously chunky tread sole combat boots for the snowy days, as the Augustas have no traction whatsoever. The light color has darkened slightly since purchase, which I would imagine those Ma+ will as well. I found them to be a perfect contrast with solid black and darkshadow greys/browns/greens. I think this was your original intention (break up an otherwise totally dark outfit), and I think you will get more use out of those than you think if you get them. Honestly, I can even see those with darker pants and a creamy white/oatmeal or tan top.

Comment

• JCastor
        • Dec 2010

has anyone had contact with the RO distressed suede combat from this current season? no one in nyc is stocking them. thinking of ordering and was wondering how the sole is. they have the flat sole, but its not as fragile as the old school sneaks crepe sole is it?

also wondering how fragile/tough the suede is.

thanks much!

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

got em from earlier season. leather is great - real thick and durable. sole pretty solid too, although i've had some recurring issues with minor splitting between different layers of the sole, near the toe (as with many other styles of RO footwear). ridiculous for a boot that price, but easily fixed by cobbler each time.

Comment

• empaulio
            • Mar 2009

Is that suede the same as these tall boots from the current season?
            Has anyone seen these in person? I wonder how slim on the legs they'd be

Comment

• moderninc2010
              • Jan 2011

empaulio

I have tried these on the other day at the RO store in London. They actually fit and hug the calves very nicely and I have skinny legs!
              Also they are adjustable at the top (via the snap buttons)

They feel and look good! If I didnt buy my guidi boots for ss11 I would have bought these RO ones. I am now saving for the FW 2011/12 boots from RIck now

Comment

• empaulio
                • Mar 2009

Thanks for that, do you recall what leather they had at RO in london? And any rememberance of the price?

Comment

• moderninc2010
                  • Jan 2011

it was black leather suede
                  cant remember the exact price but it was around £1000

Comment

• bowyark
                    • Jan 2011

RO Sneakers

Maybe this is the wrong thread, please correct me if I am wrong. Any best practices on care for a new pair. Should I vibram them? Any thoughts on keeping them looking good?

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                      • Nov 2007

I'm thinking about picking up these RO pull-on boots. Any comments/feedback? I've been hunting for fit-pics but can't find them anywhere.

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bowyark View Post
                        Maybe this is the wrong thread, please correct me if I am wrong. Any best practices on care for a new pair. Should I vibram them? Any thoughts on keeping them looking good?
                        Crepe soles wear quickly so you should protect them... but I think the general consensus is that sneakers shouldn't be kept "like new", they should get dirty and beaten up a bit.

Comment

• zamacdonell
                          • Sep 2010

Marsell

I tried to look back in the thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed, does anyone have any experience with Marsell footwear?

I'm interested in a pair of the boots and was wondering if anyone that may have tried them on irl has any information on fit/quality.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

See if they're mentioned in this thread:

Comment

• widmerpool
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zamacdonell View Post
                              I tried to look back in the thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed, does anyone have any experience with Marsell footwear?

I'm interested in a pair of the boots and was wondering if anyone that may have tried them on irl has any information on fit/quality.
                              I have two pairs of boots. They have nice leather and seem well constructed. I have a very low instep and a narrow heel and they fit me well.
                              http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Dawn
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by zamacdonell View Post

Originally posted by vapidly View Post
                                I strongly discourage Marsell. I have had really shitty experience with their products and while they have been good in terms of customer service, their product falls very short of the quality that one would expect from that price-point. I have owned two pairs of ankle boots and one practically fell apart in one month and took 6 months for a replacement pair to come through, in which after 1 month of wear, the sole is already detaching. If you're going to spend 1g on a pair of boots, either wait until their is a sale on something baller or get a pair of ndcs.
                                5char

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎