X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Re: Luisa Via Roma F/W buys for Men/Women

Analog, agreed. I doubt I could afford these jackets even at half price, which really makes me upset since this is the first season in a long time where I have REALLY liked a number of different coats.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Literally not a single image is showing up for me. I got one to show up by zooming in on it, but that hasn't worked again. Puzzling.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[quote user="Faust"]Jesus F. Christ - laika, these pieces are demanding retail prices, no? I would definitely pay retail for the white piping coat, it's just stunning.
        [/quote]

I know, I completely agree. The one with the piping looks very warm too, doesn't it? A coat is #1 on my need list for fall, as my old one has bitten the dust.

Do you think the length on me would be similar to length of your's on you? I have to admit, after seeing you in that coat, I am very inspired to start saving for one of these. 2k is a lot of money though (gulps).

And ionn, I agree, it looks amazing with the gloves! I would love to wear it like that....

[/quote]

I think it might be long... but maybe not. I think you definitely should get it at Barneys, as they have excellent tailors in house.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

I couldn't see any images until I clicked on the item then clicked on the zoom, most of them worked when I did that.

[quote user="Servo2000"]Literally not a single image is showing up for me. I got one to show up by zooming in on it, but that hasn't worked again. Puzzling.
          [/quote]

music

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

The men's buy for Ann D is so boring, where are the coats!? I don't know why they don't have the men's version of this one (or is it the same?), it's spectacular! Not sure if I can swing $2000 tho.... Maybe we could split it laika and take turns wearing it?

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]
            music

Comment

• macuser3of5
              • Sep 2006

I see LVR hasn't replaced their 'make me look weird' camera lens.

Comment

• mattjames
                • Mar 2007

Surely those aren't the final photos they're going with. Some of them just look like snapshots. Some of the check and stripe shirts really need a close-up as there's some crazy distortion going on. I suspect no such close-up will be available, though.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="mattjames"]Surely those aren't the final photos they're going with. Some of them just look like snapshots. Some of the check and stripe shirts really need a close-up as there's some crazy distortion going on. I suspect no such close-up will be available, though.
                  [/quote]
                  Nope, that's gonna be it... They truly have horrid photos on that site, though nothing will top last year's fisheye lensing on the Dior Homme items. [:S]

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Just an update. A lot of the pictures are showing up now, including those oh so lovely Rick Owens Women's sherlings...oh momma.

Also added Men's Acc. to the first post.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• skot4mc
                      • Oct 2006

thanks casius!

Comment

• mattjames
                        • Mar 2007

Seems to have launched proper now.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                          • Sep 2006

Well, the pictures are an improvement this time around (why they shoot some of it with a cheap camera-mounted flash is beyond me)... Also, Costume National's pricing seems a lot more reasonable this season... 125 euros for a shirt? ~750 euros for a wool/cashmere jacket? Not bad, in light of yoox prices.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]Well, the pictures are an improvement this time around (why they shoot some of it with a cheap camera-mounted flash is beyond me)... Also, Costume National's pricing seems a lot more reasonable this season... 125 euros for a shirt? ~750 euros for a wool/cashmere jacket? Not bad, in light of yoox prices.[/quote]

Maybe they finally learned their lesson? Noone will buy their characterless shit, unless they can make it well and price it well. That's how they operated before Capasa decided that he can design.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Ann never fails with womenswear, the coats and skirts are stunning, even in the LVR pictures. Laika, hide your wallet.

BTW, guys, check out ATO - a pretty obscure brand outside Japan, but I've always liked it.

And, Seventh, there is some VB eye-candy for you. The trench coat is damn amazing - good thing I'm short (pheeew).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                                • Dec 2006

A few of the yohji items are incredible. I wanted a coat last year but felt his stuff was lacking especially most of the stuff A picked up.

However, I need that trench very badlyand while I'm at it I'll take the hat too. Amazing, the long cardigan coat as well. I think theseare my fav things at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎