X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Re: FALL/WINTER 07-08 Arrivals and Reviews

Ann's shop in HK is on On Lan Street in Central (a street up from Joyce). Same street with Margiela, CDG, D-Mop.

It's a tiny shop though.

Comment

• Tiger
      Banned
      • Sep 2006

i should get a pair those RO heels ...since whenever my gf wears her chanel(ugh) heels she's about 1/4" taller than moi :(

Comment

• H-R
        • May 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"]Faust, I'm guessing the vest is somewhere in the $700 range? It is a very cool piece; I think Ann does some of the coolest layering in the biz.

[/quote]

$625. Fits true to size.

[/quote]

faust, i think it's $685 and not $625. and it seems to fit big? at least bigger than the spring layered vest when i tried it today.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="H-R"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"]Faust, I'm guessing the vest is somewhere in the $700 range? It is a very cool piece; I think Ann does some of the coolest layering in the biz.

[/quote]

$625. Fits true to size.

[/quote]

faust, i think it's $685 and not $625. and it seems to fit big? at least bigger than the spring layered vest when i tried it today.

[/quote]

Is it? Maybe. I thought I saw $625. Could've been wishful thinking. Yes, fits bigger than spring, that's why to me it's true to size. I am not into Hedi Slimane kind of sizing [:P]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Yes, fits bigger than spring.[/quote]

oh, lovely! now im gonna have to payout the assfor those elusive XXS's.

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

[quote user="Faust"]Yes, fits bigger than spring.[/quote]

oh, lovely! now im gonna have to pay out the ass for those elusive XXS's.

[/quote]

I just remembered that I need to stop eating.

It's worth it Chris, you look amazing in the stuff.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

damn those are real gangster, might have to cop

I bet those who went searching for and bought tons on sale are going to regret it once fall stuff comes out, glad I didn't ha.

Comment

• jamescarter-lapd
                    • Jul 2007

casiuswhere areyou finding these pics? cant seem to find it on A's site

those shoes a bleh like most 'designer' sneakers, but thats just me.

Comment

• soultek
                      • Feb 2007

They are sent out via email to people on their email list

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Dropped some new info on the new Rick Owens pieces along with some CCP info in their appropriate threads but couldn't find a place for a bit of Augusta information:

A new pair of Augusta shoes are coming (along with the two boots posted by Faust a little while ago). A polished black pair of laceup dress shoes done in a very classic fashion with the signature Augusta silhouette (the semi-square toe).

These are referred to as the "needle point" shoes are are labeled as such both on the storage box (a very cool, filing cabinet style box complete with a little metal slot in the front for a card) and in the manila folder info sheet (not sure if this comes with the box but is provided to the retailers at least).

The shoes are hand sewn and the whole upper is made with 2 pieces of leather. The stitchwork at the edges are really lovely and intricate.

No nails are used in this pair at all. The sole is held to the upper both by stitches and by leather plugs that are hammered in through the sole. When the shoe is turned over, you can see the plugs running at the toes, arch and heel of the shoes. Amazing craftsmanship.

Unfortunately... they're still semi-square toe shoes in the end. One of the best pairs money can buy... but they'll easily get lost in the mix in my opinion. Nice to look at and to handle but unless you're in the business world (and if you are... you have a million other dress-shoe options) they probably won't go in your wardrobe. It's really odd to see these produced by Augusta because they absolutely do not match their art-povera aesthetic at all. You put these next to the boots and they wouldn't look like they were from the same company.

Price I think was around 1500 euro

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

Faust, where are the M.A + pictures from? I really want to see more of that first coat you posted, it looks great and simple.

Also, knowing you're a sherling enthusiast, how do you like the Jil Sander ones?

[/quote]

I don't know how I missed this part, sorry. Jil Sander under Jil shearlings were simply the BEST on the market. This is how I started to want one badly. They used to be very thin and lightweight, yet very warm. These look bulky though. Narcisco Rodriguez did a Jil Sander style shearling last year, but I think his mens capsule for Barneys was very unsuccessful. I saw that Attachment did a lightweight shearling for FW07/08, but Atelier probably won't buy it (I am guessing they are $$$$).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Keep your eyes on Lift's website, seems like they are finally updating it with Fall items.

Here's Guidi;

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Some Dries Van Noten looks;

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

And I posted all of the RO looks in the RO thread in designers section, but thought I would add a few here.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎