X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atom
    • Sep 2009

I know this thread is turning into a broken record, but I received my copy today. Must say I'm very impressed, this is GREAT! u all.

Comment

• TheThief
      • Mar 2011

Thank you very much Atom. I don't mind a broken record that plays compliments!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Beginning next Thursday New Yorkers can pick up the magazine at the St. Marks Bookshop!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

So after having three copies of this magazine, and being lucky to see even an early proto before the final printing...............I took a copy with me to Jamaica over the weekend..............Finally had a good read.

I must say. Ive never seen a publication in its first printing that is as good as this. i am personally proud to have known many of the people who made this possible.

Megan's article on the great Chalayan is phenomenal,
          I love the article on Karlo Steel and his in depth insight on reading culture through the eyes of an experienced fashion master.

Eugene, a big thanks to you Daniel, Jeff, his res and everyone!!!!!!, My Copies will stay with me for an exceedingly long time
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• diorowen
            • Aug 2010

yoo,
            I received mine this morning.
            thanks a lot Faust!

1st is about the packaging with broken record.
            mine was already wrapped with bubble wrap, but shockingly, it still has a 3cm tear on the bottom right cover and a scratch on the top right corner. UPS really beat them well.

nevertheless, I'm really happy with it. as Zamb said, its a really good magazine, I recommend this to all Sz'ers.
            good photography, simplicity in layout. and of course good writing.
            I love the article on Karlo Steel. deep inspiration.

Thanks a lot for making the magazine guys,
            great work.
            now waiting for issue 2,
            SS12?

best,
            d
            still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Thanks, both of you!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Parable
                • Aug 2011

We've just received our copies here Parable, and I am more than impressed.

The first thing that really grabs your attention is the form. I don't know anything about print, is that a standard paper size? It's a really easy to handle size, which complements the thickness of the issue.

The dust jacket style cover is also very nice and the wax-seal type sticker is a nice touch, and is certainly more appealing than shrink wrap.

I have only had a quick flick through it at this stage and must say that the printing and photography look exemplary. I plan on reading through it now while I am in the store and hope that the content is as good as others have said and as the first impressions indicate.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Thank you. Yes, the smaller (let's call it Monocle-size) format is intentional so the magazine does not bend and is easy to handle. We did not want to do a W, where you have to balance the magazine. We also wanted it to fit into any messenger bag easily.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mizzar
                    • Mar 2008

Recived mine as a birthday gift.
                    As perfect as it can be.
                    Paper is awesome, fonts, photos, texts.
                    A pleasure to read and a pleasure to have.
                    ____
                    sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• luke
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Thank you. Yes, the smaller (let's call it Monocle-size) format is intentional so the magazine does not bend and is easy to handle. We did not want to do a W, where you have to balance the magazine. We also wanted it to fit into any messenger bag easily.
                      i don't know if you've seen hunger yet, but that thing hurts your wrist holding it. not exactly the most pleasurable experience.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Only seen the eponymous novel!

Anyway, more pictures of the magazine here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

You mean here:

;-)
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Ooops, thanks :)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Check out the film of Ann Demeulemeester's new collection that our photographer, Erik Madigan Heck, shot for the corner.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Our senior editor and all around provocateur, Cintra Wilson, on NPR. StyleZeitgeist magazine gets a shout out at 17:00, but it's worth hearing her read a part of her upcoming book - it's hilarious. But serious, too, since she goes into the semiotics of fashion. Definitely some food for thought there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎