X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Can I ask what is wrong with people and what are we doing wrong on our website, where the cover of volume 4 is CLEARLY on the front page that links to a page from where you can buy the issue. AND, there is a MARKET section on www.sz-mag.com as well where everything we sell is available. Are people too stupid/lazy to make an extra click? Should we plaster our front page with the huge BUY HERE NOW!!!! banners?

I am sincerely asking for feedback on www.sz-mag.com, because I don't understand what is it that we are doing wrong that we keep getting people asking us if volume 4 already out and is it for sale.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

maybe the confusion is the result of the word 'pre-order' being used both on the order and payment page.

even though it says 'available now', but the word 'pre-order' could throw some people off and lead to them misinterpreting it as 'available now for pre-order'

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Can I ask what is wrong with people and what are we doing wrong on our website, where the cover of volume 4 is CLEARLY on the front page that links to a page from where you can buy the issue. AND, there is a MARKET section on www.sz-mag.com as well where everything we sell is available. Are people too stupid/lazy to make an extra click? Should we plaster our front page with the huge BUY HERE NOW!!!! banners?

I am sincerely asking for feedback on www.sz-mag.com, because I don't understand what is it that we are doing wrong that we keep getting people asking us if volume 4 already out and is it for sale.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nictan View Post
        maybe the confusion is the result of the word 'pre-order' being used both on the order and payment page.

even though it says 'available now', but the word 'pre-order' could throw some people off and lead to them misinterpreting it as 'available now for pre-order'
        this, the wording threw me at least.

Comment

• Atom
          • Sep 2009

The identical ("available digital-only") comments from these two retailers got me thinking they got that false information from the same source. Maybe the EU distributor that delivered Issue 3 to Academic Bookstore and Press-stop Slussen.
          Last edited by Atom; 11-23-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

fair points, I've just fixed the errors on the site, need to keep a better eye as order/preorder is mentioned on multiple pages.

as for what Atom said, yea sounds like someone has false information along the way (especially considering the magazine has never been available digitally)
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kanne
              • Jun 2009

will volume 4 eventually be available at the european stockists mentioned on the website? haven't seen it anywhere...

Comment

• SuE
                • Jan 2013

Is there an RSS feed for sz-mag.com? Or a mailing list?
                One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kanne View Post
                  will volume 4 eventually be available at the european stockists mentioned on the website? haven't seen it anywhere...
                  It will not, due to a limited number of copies and high shipping costs it no longer makes sense for us to work with a distributor.

What you are looking at when you are looking at the high price is the unfortunate reality of a magazine not dependent on advertising. These are the true costs of printing a physical magazine.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

SPECIAL OFFER EXTENDED TIL END OF THE YEAR

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kanne
                      • Jun 2009

It will not, due to a limited number of copies and high shipping costs it no longer makes sense for us to work with a distributor.

What you are looking at when you are looking at the high price is the unfortunate reality of a magazine not dependent on advertising. These are the true costs of printing a physical magazine.
                      Thank you for the answer, I completely understand and will order soon.

That might've also been a reason why people asked if volume 4 was already out and for sale. I was actually waiting for it to arrive and pick it up at a local store.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

GIFTS!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

GIFTS!
                            Tiny vials of poison?
                            sain't

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011