Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

(Fashion) Design = Form > Function
    Grailed link

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

agreed with my parisian friend on all points, incl Rick cashmere. mrb i would agree with you on Denis C for instance re cashmere
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
        PS: I realize that my tone seems a bit dry in writing, please add tongue in cheekiness and winks throughout, I'm not trying to be mean or anything
        this is actually useful information - thanks for that - because yes, you can come across as quite abrasive in writing (said the pot to the kettle...).

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
          don't forget that Galia has also Russian blood, and maybe selective hearing comes from there!

ok about c), i don't think it's English, it's just an academic bias, when I hear 'utility' i immediately think of the economical/philosophical notion. still, i think we can easily agree that function is both a very common property of garments, fashion or not, that fashion very rarely impacts on function in a positive manner (does not add to comfort), and hence that we obviously do not choose our garments using this criterion first.

also i wasn't directing my gentle sarcasms towards you, but sometimes i get the feeling that our talkative newcomers try to reinvent water. no wonder kunk (and I) feel a bit drown.
          guilty as charged.

Of course, I understand what you mean about utility. My initial disagreement with Mirror&Rack was merely saying that footwear is not necessarily easier to buy online because it does not have fit issues the way clothing does.

Kunk is blue :(

Agreed on Dennis Colomb - wanted to get his cashmere top at Patron of the New and now regret missing my chance. Though in general cashmere has become so problematic, I am just as fine sticking to quality wool.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post
            Rick cache mire [...] has a tendency to pill like a mofo.
            That I give you. But I have come to appreciate my Sunday afternoons of lint shaving my sweaters.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

how much is corrective surgery of shoulders and pecs? my body needs slight adjustment to better fit S/S 14 armholes.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I don't know but I have shoulder impingement and I blame Carol.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

he probably meant for that to happen to you. caveat emptor.

Comment

• Dorje
                    • Oct 2013

/\ that's great...

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

So the Creative Directors at Helmut Lang resigned. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, considering the direction the label has taken, but I wonder who's going to take over since letting the label die won't be an option.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                        So the Creative Directors at Helmut Lang resigned. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, considering the direction the label has taken, but I wonder who's going to take over since letting the label die won't be an option.
                        Whaaaa? Link?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

That's crazy. They were undoubtedly successful at what they were doing so it's very surprising that they just stepped down. That said I will not miss them...
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Verdandi
                            • Mar 2012

Faust, that was pretty much my reaction as well. I thought their apparel sells like hot cakes. I know a lot of women, who wear their stuff and they usually don't care much for fashion otherwise.
                            lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yes, they do really well everywhere. But who knows what happens on the inside.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

While doing some research on tuberculosis, I ended up at the conspicuous consumption wiki page and found this:

Aggressive ostentation — In 2009, the television reporter Dick Meyer (CBS News) proposed that conspicuous consumption is a form of anger towards society, an “aggressive ostentation” that is an antisocial behaviour, which arose from the social alienation suffered by men, women, and families who feel they have become anonymous in and to their societies, which feeling of alienation is aggravated by the decay of the communitarian ethic essential to a person feeling him or herself part of the whole society.
                                Full article at here

There's a lot of unrelated stuff in the article, but it made me think about a sort of aggression and alienation in a lot of the aesthetics around here. I mean, the photos for most these designers aren't exactly a group of frat kids having a party but instead feature lone figures in voids or urban decay with descriptions like 'brutalist' and such.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎