X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
    Someone in Iran tried accessing my paypal account. Wtf.
    Someone pretending to be in Iran tried accessing my paypal account. Wtf.

Fixed
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

^ Good call! Still...WTF.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
        ^ Good call! Still...WTF.
        It's not really, paypal or credit card info are so easy to steal.
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• fireflygrave
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
          Oh, and an actual random fashion thought: what do people feel about hand-made/artisanal shoes where the shoemaker deliberately leaves bits of glue and so on? Seems a thing some like to do so as to show the hand-made character, like with PH and his irregular stitching/irregular cutting of the sole. I'm not sold on it, myself. Seen some Layer-0 boots that seem to have it, among others. ED footwear probably has it too, considering how her shoes look, I haven't handled them enough to notice.
          I actually like it, when it's not overdone I've got no issues with a garment having some character, and it kind of tickles me to think that even within, for example, one specific type of boot from one season- they aren't alike, at least completely. And I don't feel the need for everything to be polished when I'm gonna live in it; it's going to wear anyway. Wabi-sabi, I guess.

(This opinion possibly the result of a major in studio arts, wherein I often complained that certain works looked too polished, finished, or perfect.)
          put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• Penelope_Fashion
            • Dec 2013

Thought

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. Coco Chanel

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

^ don't take your fashion advice from a nazi collaborator and spy.

Comment

• yffet
                • Aug 2009

I have just discovered the normcore thing. I'm now paranoid when i chill in Paris.

How to tell the difference between normcore and normal people? I guess there are some signs they want to show us like keeping a hispter beard or something. But what if they dont ? Is it beeing normcore if nobody can notice you are doing so except you ?

I wish i had never read those articles.
                Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• axtang
                  • Sep 2013

Originally posted by yffet View Post
                  I have just discovered the normcore thing. I'm now paranoid when i chill in Paris.

How to tell the difference between normcore and normal people? I guess there are some signs they want to show us like keeping a hispter beard or something. But what if they dont ? Is it beeing normcore if nobody can notice you are doing so except you ?

I wish i had never read those articles.
                  The inability to distinguish between real life and an imagined auto-biopic being made about one's life is the biggest giveaway for a "normster."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Was stupid enough to try on a pair of RO Memphis at Gallery Aesthete today. Fuck.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Was stupid enough to try on a pair of RO Memphis at Gallery Aesthete today. Fuck.
                      lol wherein lies the stupidity? and then how much more stupid are not we who wear them..?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

The stupidly lies in reason/pricing struggle and a very distinct possibility of reason losing out. I know what Oscar Wilde would do, yes, but look how he ended up!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

where 2 kop reason?

Comment

• Dorje
                            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                            where 2 kop reason?
                            /\ sig worthy

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              it would seem the teva-wearing, augusta national polo shirt clad dads who pick up their kids at school when I am there are at the forefront of fashion.

While on the topic, I think sketchers are the best indicator someone has no aesthetic sense or personal taste. I would never crap on someone whose finances don't allow for choice but i live in one of the wealthiest communities in ny (no I don't sound like an asshole at all :/) and the number of people wearing the devil's footwear is astounding. I mean at least go full bore and buy some cheap nike or new balance. Sketchers tell me you don't manscape, clean your ears, exercise, you like top 40, you read best sellers and you watch nbc. It's like wearing an 80s tee shirt that says I don't give a fuck.
                              This is true. So many people that are financially well off just wear whatever and it has to be because it literally doesn't matter to them. A friend of mine works at a hedge fund here in NYC and aside from him, many of his colleagues wear things like Vineyard Vines and Skechers or Mephisto if they feel like taking it up a notch. Best believe they'll spring the cash on a bespoke suit though, even if it doesn't fit the body in the same way that a "fashionable" person would deem appropriate.
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

MA+ leathers are almost half of what they ask for Boris at Vertice. I guess I'm out as a customer from this season on. Thanks for everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎