X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

depends on what you compare I guess. they design a very different product, and the leathers imo are one of the least comparable things. bbs pants are 600-800€, m.a+ 700-1300€. bbs fabric jacket 1000-1400€, m.a+ 1100-1300€, not a huge difference in those, though they are different too of course.

not saying that the prices haven't increased nor that either designer would be particularly cheap...
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I like stereotyping people by what they wear - not in any negative sense, but simply as a visual game I play when I walk down the street. It's an utterly fascinating thing that mixes how people's lifestyles, which are dictated by marketing, peer pressure, trends, media, etc., in turn dictate dress codes. This is type of consumer research I would consider working in.

Most popular brand in Chicago to my eyes is North Face - square, dependable, no nonsense, functional, outdoorsy. In other words, Midwestern. Now, in NYC that would be Patagonia - more stylish, a bit hipper, sustainability cred, etc - very East Coast. At the end of the day it's the same down jacket made of polyester with a different logo, but the multitude of signifiers is utterly fascinating.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

When I was going to college in upstate NY many of those from Long Island wore Northface as well. Many of the natives of my region of upstate aspire to wear LL Bean because that's what the upper middle class wears. Now that I'm in NYC I've been seeing a lot of Canada Goose which I've never encountered before moving here.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Colette got robbed #funnynotfunny
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
            When I was going to college in upstate NY many of those from Long Island wore Northface as well. Many of the natives of my region of upstate aspire to wear LL Bean because that's what the upper middle class wears. Now that I'm in NYC I've been seeing a lot of Canada Goose which I've never encountered before moving here.
            Canada Goose is huge right now and I feel that can be attributed to a lot of the "Americana" and "Heritage" shops picking up the account and presenting it again. I work for one of those companies and the push they made for and with Canada Goose was pretty big. It's definitely fun seeing what kind of customers and shops/brands influence each other and how they do it.
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Colette got robbed #funnynotfunny

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

There is nothing more reliable than Hipster irony.

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

Comme des fuckdown has found it way to my town

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                    Comme des fuckdown has found it way to my town
                    Get ahead of the curve with this:

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• returningson
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      Get ahead of the curve with this:
                      YES!!!!

Comment

• returningson
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                        all it took was two guys on a scooter and an Axe. Colette had it coming....

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting photos on the same page. Thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I like stereotyping people by what they wear - not in any negative sense, but simply as a visual game I play when I walk down the street. It's an utterly fascinating thing that mixes how people's lifestyles, which are dictated by marketing, peer pressure, trends, media, etc., in turn dictate dress codes. This is type of consumer research I would consider working in.

Most popular brand in Chicago to my eyes is North Face - square, dependable, no nonsense, functional, outdoorsy. In other words, Midwestern. Now, in NYC that would be Patagonia - more stylish, a bit hipper, sustainability cred, etc - very East Coast. At the end of the day it's the same down jacket made of polyester with a different logo, but the multitude of signifiers is utterly fascinating.
                            Continuing with cultural ethnography, the SoHo House in Berlin is the battlefield of oversized designer bags, and Celine is a clear winner. In NYC it probably would've been Givenchy.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

yeah was just thinking earlier today that soho house isn't really a very charming venue for that event. i fucking hate the idea of them in berlin and what that says about the way the city is going, tbh.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

The place itself is actually really cool. But exclusive places by nature will attract a certain contingent drawn to exclusivity, so...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎