• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by newp View Post
    I always wonder why SLP jeans are made in sizes 34 or even 36. To me, Slimane aesthetic message should stop the waist sizing on 32 at best, considering they run 1 size large, even 30. I wonder who buys them... but from different point of view it's just a pair of jeans.
    Big guys buy them. I don't even understand this thought. Or are you trying to say that Slimane is selling to fatties while putting skinnies on the runway?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Big guys buy them. I don't even understand this thought. Or are you trying to say that Slimane is selling to fatties while putting skinnies on the runway?
      I am trying to imagine a "big guy" trying to pull off whole Slimane heroin chic aesthetic: and I can't do it.

Comment

• applecrisp
        • Jun 2013

While he doesn't "pull it off" I'm sure Buzz Bissinger is buying a whole lotta SLP every season.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by newp View Post
          I am trying to imagine a "big guy" trying to pull off whole Slimane heroin chic aesthetic: and I can't do it.
          You presume that people want to buy into a look and not into a brand. All I see in SoHo are SLP bags on rich bitches and SLP sneakers on their boyfriends.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

shops bringing in the "darkwear/ghettogoth/rick knock offs" is slightly disheartening. just saw one of those brands in an sz affiliate and cringed a bit. i dont want to sift through a bunch of drop crotch sweat pants made by designer xyz to see stuff that i actually like. it's lessening the shop-ability of the retailer in my opinion. i feel like niche shops should support designers who are speaking from their own voice and not just trying to make a buck off of what kanye was caught wearing on tmz.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Shops also need to make money. And if they have to sell skin graft in order to be able to carry Rick Owens, I'd rather see that than the shop going out of business.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Shops also need to make money. And if they have to sell skin graft in order to be able to carry Rick Owens, I'd rather see that than the shop going out of business.
                skin graft is riding the rick train no doubt but they have existed for quite some time at this point, i use to remember browsing them at seven in soho. i was talking about "fear of god" and brands like that popping up now. i definitely understand reacting to the market though so i cant fault anyone for it. tigers gotta hunt..

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I know, it's shit. But Atelier and LN-CC are pretty good signs that it's extremely hard to do pure avant-garde these days. I guarantee you Antoinioli does not really want to carry half of the shit you see on there now. They are all in RO. But they have a store to run. Blame the buying public, high prices, whatever you want.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

the part that's crazy to me is that the stupid ass Fear of God shit is basically as expensive as Rick, their shorts are $400?!? and their bombers are $1300 and who the fuck is Fear of God? , I live in LA I don't even know where to buy this shit if I wanted to. It's a bit like Rick dressing Axl Rose.
                    I don't even want to start w/ Skin Graft.. expensive mall goth shit. they have leathers that are $2k , shit u can buy the real thing for that, who's the dumbass buying this?

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                      I don't even want to start w/ Skin Graft.. expensive mall goth shit. they have leathers that are $2k , shit u can buy the real thing for that, who's the dumbass buying this?
                      maybe the same ones who buy augustas?
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                        the part that's crazy to me is that the stupid ass Fear of God shit is basically as expensive as Rick, their shorts are $400?!? and their bombers are $1300 and who the fuck is Fear of God? , I live in LA I don't even know where to buy this shit if I wanted to. It's a bit like Rick dressing Axl Rose.
                        The Fear of God's first collections were a lot cheaper but it was hyped (Kanye, etc.) so much that led to the crazy price escalation of the current one. Fyi the current collection sold out instantly. Oh my...
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

Hate the fact that I even know this brand,I remember the day Fear of God started, day of comedy... never thought it would grow this big and be hyped amongst the youth, but here we are. but isn't that name a rip off of Pusha T his album when he went solo? it's also hyped due Bradley Soileau is the model in most of his campaigns or his first collection not even sure anymore, burn it!
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• LelandJ
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2014

Happy Yoox expanded dreambox to 70 items plus other yet to be seen "perks" for superstars.

Comment

• lazyguru
                              • Jun 2008

Wrong thread i know but right thread

The more we retreat from the culture at large the more room we will have to carve out lives of meaning, the more we will be able to wall off the flood of illusions disseminated by mass culture and the more we will retain sanity in an insane world.

Chris Hedges

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                                The more we retreat from the culture at large the more room we will have to carve out lives of meaning, the more we will be able to wall off the flood of illusions disseminated by mass culture and the more we will retain sanity in an insane world.

Chris Hedges

CHURCH

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎