X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AHutching
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
    the part that's crazy to me is that the stupid ass Fear of God shit is basically as expensive as Rick, their shorts are $400?!? and their bombers are $1300 and who the fuck is Fear of God? , I live in LA I don't even know where to buy this shit if I wanted to. It's a bit like Rick dressing Axl Rose.
    I don't even want to start w/ Skin Graft.. expensive mall goth shit. they have leathers that are $2k , shit u can buy the real thing for that, who's the dumbass buying this?
    If you live in LA go on over to HL..they carry it now..not it the main store.On there website now.

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

no thank u, i have the real why do i need to see the fraud? if i wanted everything I wear..shorts, shirt,hoodie etc to look a bandana I guess i could go that route but I don't like bandanas.

Comment

• AHutching
        • Sep 2012

no thank u, i have the real why do i need to see the fraud? if i wanted everything I wear..shorts, shirt,hoodie etc to look a bandana I guess i could go that route but I don't like bandanas.
        I'm with you..you know wheres it at in LA now..haha

Comment

• fncyths
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by newp View Post
          I always wonder why SLP jeans are made in sizes 34 or even 36. To me, Slimane aesthetic message should stop the waist sizing on 32 at best, considering they run 1 size large, even 30. I wonder who buys them... but from different point of view it's just a pair of jeans.
          just recently snagged a pair. got them for a killer deal and they're easily my favorite pair of jeans I've had in a while. not sure they're worth the $500+ pricetag but damn they feel good.

oh, and lazyguru great quote THANK YOU
          Originally posted by Shucks
          it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
            The more we retreat from the culture at large the more room we will have to carve out lives of meaning, the more we will be able to wall off the flood of illusions disseminated by mass culture and the more we will retain sanity in an insane world.

Chris Hedges
            Everything I've read/heard from Hedges leads me to believe that, ironically enough, he is the mass culture version of far more complicated and subtle thinkers.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

the part that's crazy to me is that the stupid ass Fear of God shit is basically as expensive as Rick, their shorts are $400?!? and their bombers are $1300 and who the fuck is Fear of God? , I live in LA I don't even know where to buy this shit if I wanted to. It's a bit like Rick dressing Axl Rose.
              I don't even want to start w/ Skin Graft.. expensive mall goth shit. they have leathers that are $2k , shit u can buy the real thing for that, who's the dumbass buying this?
              Beyond the hating on the hypebeast nature of Skingraft and Fear of God and other such brands, how is the quality on them?

I'm sure there's a large price increase simply due to trend-riding and hype, but are they at least backed with high quality/construction/materials?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                Everything I've read/heard from Hedges leads me to believe that, ironically enough, he is the mass culture version of far more complicated and subtle thinkers.
                I don't know who Hedges is, but when I saw your username I knew you'd say something like this Merely pointing out that we know each other so long that I can already predict your line of thinking.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                  Beyond the hating on the hypebeast nature of Skingraft and Fear of God and other such brands, how is the quality on them?

I'm sure there's a large price increase simply due to trend-riding and hype, but are they at least backed with high quality/construction/materials?
                  Of course not. Don't be silly.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Does anyone else remember Skingraft being very westcoast and basically an Ernte clone? I think Adam Lambert was wearing them on American Idol at that time. They were known for using handcuff zipper pulls.
                    I think after the Ernte designer died, along with Ayya failing (they did the ninja tabi for the Romulans in the new Star Trek film), the post-apocalyptic burner trend started to decline so Skingraft probably jumped ship for something more profitable.
                    Oddly enough, I see it kinda coming back with Demobaza.

*edit: apparently Ayyawear is back up and running.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• LelandJ
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Of course not. Don't be silly.

I may have made my most stupid Yoox purchase to date, the Barena linen jacket I asked in the help finding thread in one size too small hoping it's cut big and a pair of dark grey/green Armani pants Yoox labeled as containing chemicals known to cause cancer. I've officially sold out my ethics and health, although I may do the right thing and return them after trying on.

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I don't know who Hedges is, but when I saw your username I knew you'd say something like this Merely pointing out that we know each other so long that I can already predict your line of thinking.
                        Well I went about it with an open mind, I thought he'd be some sort of effective communicator helping the general public (i.e. everyone) familiarize themselves with various socio-economical issues but all I've seen (arguably not enough) was so muddled I was a little bit taken aback.

Anyone has a good youtube vid of Hedges?
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by LelandJ View Post

I may have made my most stupid Yoox purchase to date, the Barena linen jacket I asked in the help finding thread in one size too small hoping it's cut big and a pair of dark grey/green Armani pants Yoox labeled as containing chemicals known to cause cancer. I've officially sold out my ethics and health, although I may do the right thing and return them after trying on.
                          To be fair, a lot of things can cause cancer (generally if ingested). Most luggage will have that tag, as does pretty much every coffee shop.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah, so don't eat your pants.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                              • Apr 2014

Just saw the YSL movie. Doesn't really put emphasis on how he "revolutionized" women's fashion. The movie for the most part was just him being whiney, going out to parties doing drugs, and drinking.

Comment

• LelandJ
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                                To be fair, a lot of things can cause cancer (generally if ingested). Most luggage will have that tag, as does pretty much every coffee shop.
                                Your skin can and does absorb chemicals that leach off clothing. I don't go to coffee shops, but what's the warning for if not the plasticky lining of paper cups? Pesticide sprayed coffee?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎