Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

hi delicious not. just thought i'd chime in here to give you a quick opportunity to explain your post before the flaming begins. there are a few bits in there that i feel bad even reading. i'm sure something is being misstated here...

btw if someone felt jealous of me i'd feel like a liar.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

i don't know how to explain myself any better. i already said too much and seems like most of it sounds ridiculous in english (reading back, i kind of agree with that). to be honest, i am not even sure myself what i'm trying to say after all that shit!

maybe the short version will make more sense? this is related to ro repertoire only:

don't stand out with your extreme rick stuff 24/7. you'll look out of place in most cases while doing everyday shit. special rick - special days lol. you look weird money - you act accordingly. don't buy cat food wearing runway looks.

btw, rick is my fav and i think 90% of what i bought in 3 years are rick, and it's not just tees or jeans.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
        i don't know how to explain myself any better. i already said too much and seems like most of it sounds ridiculous in english (reading back, i kind of agree with that). to be honest, i am not even sure myself what i'm trying to say after all that shit!

maybe the short version will make more sense? this is related to ro repertoire only:

don't stand out with your extreme rick stuff 24/7. you'll look out of place in most cases while doing everyday shit. special rick - special days lol. you look weird money - you act accordingly. don't buy cat food wearing runway looks.

btw, rick is my fav and i think 90% of what i bought in 3 years are rick, and it's not just tees or jeans.
        The less you care, the less others care.

Comment

• UnderDictation
          • Jun 2014

This is really arbitrary. Setting limits on where and when you're allowed to wear clothing seems more appropriate for mainstream/conventional men's style.

I personally don't care if someone thinks that I look "weird money" and feels that it is inappropriate that I buy groceries. I don't care if I stand out or look out of place. What's the problem here?

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
            The less you care, the less others care.
            Jack knows whats up

Comment

• Pumpfish
              • Sep 2010

definition: prize cunt

One who takes to wearing a "grail" item, like it is a fucking trophy.
              spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

My more extreme looks actually end up being stuff I do errands in, because that's when I'm by myself and I don't have to worry about making the right impression or bringing negative attention to anyone associated with me.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• guardimp
                  • Jun 2010

I would have to agree, seeing as it is not really feasible to show up to a conservative workplace wearing some of the more fun garments in this niche. Time spent in mundane activities can be the best time to wear interesting clothing.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                    I would have to agree, seeing as it is not really feasible to show up to a conservative workplace wearing some of the more fun garments in this niche. Time spent in mundane activities can be the best time to wear interesting clothing.
                    To be fair, didn't TheAddict have a photoset of him going around various USA law firms in a CCP suit?

Comment

• guardimp
                      • Jun 2010

A CCP suit is far from some of the fun stuff in the niche, its some of the more sedate suiting of all the designers mentioned here - unless you mean there was titanium elbowpads.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

i feel bad for u that 90% of what u wear is stuff you don't understand. good luck, man.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

I was watching I-BE Area, and it provoked some vague thoughts in me about Western values in a digital age. How identity is being turned into commodity, how reproduction often determines value (something has more value the more it is reproduced or copied), the fetishization of youth. Don't really have to many cohesive thoughts about this right now, except that SZ seems to stand in stark contrast to this. Although there's cultural signifiers embedded in lots of the work, SZ designers aren't necessarily selling a lifestyle in the way that many heritage or streetwear brands do, and the production isn't really "mass," although the case could be made for some Rick. But overall, the resistance or reaction against current Western values is there.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Fuuma, care to counter the above?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                              I was watching I-BE Area, and it provoked some vague thoughts in me about Western values in a digital age. How identity is being turned into commodity, how reproduction often determines value (something has more value the more it is reproduced or copied), the fetishization of youth. Don't really have to many cohesive thoughts about this right now, except that SZ seems to stand in stark contrast to this. Although there's cultural signifiers embedded in lots of the work, SZ designers aren't necessarily selling a lifestyle in the way that many heritage or streetwear brands do, and the production isn't really "mass," although the case could be made for some Rick. But overall, the resistance or reaction against current Western values is there.
                              I don't think the case can be made for just 'some Rick'. Rick Owens is a lifestyle brand.
                              They all sell a certain lifestyle, mass market or not.

edit: I also don't see how paying 5 k for a coat can be taken as resistance against western values.
                              lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                                I don't think the case can be made for just 'some Rick'. Rick Owens is a lifestyle brand.
                                They all sell a certain lifestyle, mass market or not.

edit: I also don't see how paying 5 k for a coat can be taken as resistance against western values.
                                He subverts bourgeois values by spending the same amount on something that looks completely opposite of a status symbol. Paul Harnden being the extreme example. The gesture has double meaning because he gives up both the visual trappings and the means to acquire them in one gesture.

Of course that bourgeois extraordinaire, Diane Vreeland, cockblocked this notion a long time ago with her famous adage, "Darling, it takes a lot of money to look this poor." The bitch.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎