Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonecrush
    • Jul 2013

Sorry if I'm interrupting here, but I am having a thought. What do people here constitute as jumping on the sz bandwagon? I'm curious to know as a late comer into fashion. I'm not working in the fashion industry (or anything related) and wasn't around when several labels discussed here were active either.

Even though I am very alone in my corner of the world pursuing my little hobby, I still feel like I am possibly imposing somewhat even though I genuinely just love the ideas and products that adorn this site.

ps: absolutely not looking for validation just discussion.
    "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

I don't personally see a section of fashion that maybe 5% of the world participates in as anything close to a bandwagon. Haha if you like the style this site propagates then more power to you.

The only brand widely worn here that I could see being part of a bandwagon is Rick obviously.

Comment

• grapefruitpop
        Banned
        • Jun 2013

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
        I don't personally see a section of fashion that maybe 5% of the world participates in as anything close to a bandwagon. Haha if you like the style this site propagates then more power to you.

The only brand widely worn here that I could see being part of a bandwagon is Rick obviously.
        That's flawed logic, you dont live in the entire world so why would you compare the subset using percentages relative to the entire world?

Within the fashion world, this "section of fashion" isnt the bandwagon, its the earth that bandwagon sits on.

Comment

• rickandjulius
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by grapefruitpop View Post
          you dont live in the entire world so why would you compare the subset using percentages relative to the entire world?
          I was being pretty generous with the 5%. I am not being literal but it is obvious that we are a very small group when compared to the rest of the world.

And i'm not really sure what the hell you're trying to say with your second part.

Comment

• BodyDouble
            • Jan 2014

I've spent the last year and a half practically living in Rick silk blend t shirts and 100% cashmere beanies and none have pilled or disintegrated, in fact I find them to be the best purchases i've made as far as durability goes and I haven't been delicate with them. After a hand wash they're as good as new and even slightly size back to their original shape.

Comment

• rickandjulius
              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
              I've spent the last year and a half practically living in Rick silk blend t shirts and 100% cashmere beanies and none have pilled or disintegrated, in fact I find them to be the best purchases i've made as far as durability goes and I haven't been delicate with them. After a hand wash they're as good as new and even slightly size back to their original shape.
              Experiences definitely vary then cause the one silk blend tee I had pilled like crazy after I hand washed it.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
                Haha, yea two of my oldest items that I still wear are sweaters, both are Jil Sander. They're still in perfect condition, the only problem is somehow they get a tad tighter each year
                Oh, lord, the old Jil Sander cashmere, that was the very definition of luxury. now I'm all nostalgic.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  what happens when there is nothing left to shave?
                  Sig worthy.
                  And I don't know either...
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• bukka
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    Sig worthy.
                    And I don't know either...
                    Let's not forget this one:

Originally posted by zamb View Post

if i am, oiling myself, which i do at times
                    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

So Galliano for the most part just totally galliano-ed Margiela.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

Did you really expect anything less of him?

Comment

• Verdandi
                          • Mar 2012

Not really, but you know, hope springs eternal.
                          Galliabno is - or at least used to be early on - capable of showing some restraint, even if it always had been infused with a certain romanticism.

Now this was incoherent and gaudy.
                          lavender menace

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                            • May 2013

I thought so too until I learned that style.com only posted half of the looks from the show. Vogue has the other half, which are the same looks from the first half but in all white, in various states of creation. Personally, I thought it was a brilliant show.

Comment

• Verdandi
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Illithid Dude View Post
                              I thought so too until I learned that style.com only posted half of the looks from the show. Vogue has the other half, which are the same looks from the first half but in all white, in various states of creation. Personally, I thought it was a brilliant show.
                              But the toiles they showed later on doesn't make the first part any better.
                              lavender menace

Comment

• Illithid Dude
                                • May 2013

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
                                But the toiles they showed later on doesn't make the first part any better.
                                I disagree. I thought it contextualized the first part, and made me understand it and as such, appreciate it more.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎