Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bson
    • May 2013

No one better be knocking those Rick fur dolls....... Cutest things ever, everyone needs one

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
    I understand your sentiment very much. I'm doing my best to rid my closet of Rick but some of my pieces from him are still very cool. I don't want to be "that guy" but I don't like wearing a brand that's so popular these days.
    Absurd! I guess you'll have to change your SN to "andjulius"

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
      I mean. You're literally dressing a way because you're uncomfortable with other people liking the same things as you. Like I feel bad for you dude.
      You really think that makes me uncomfortable? I don't give a shit what other people do but I'm allowed to not wear something because too many other people wear it.

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

It seems absurd to claim you don't care about what other people do and then immediately contradict yourself. No-one is saying you have to wear wear rick, just that it is sad that you allow others to dictate what you wear.

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

You really think that makes me uncomfortable? I don't give a shit what other people do but I'm allowed to not wear something because too many other people wear it.
          If you truly didn't give a shit what other people did, then you wouldn't pay notice to that too many other people are wearing the same stuff you are.

Just admit it, you're one of them... You're a...

Hipster.

Comment

• rickandjulius
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
            It seems absurd to claim you don't care about what other people do and then immediately contradict yourself. No-one is saying you have to wear wear rick, just that it is sad that you allow others to dictate what you wear.
            Fair enough. I also listed the fact that it doesn't fit me well and I don't like the direction the brand is going in as reasons too so that isn't the only thing that's influenced my decisions. Regardless I'll just shut up.

Comment

• guardimp
              • Jun 2010

I quite agree with you on your entire first sentence. I quite dislike most newer rick, both in the clothing and in how mainstream it has become. Personally I think your posts are interesting, sorry if I failed to make that clear.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                man. every day on this forum i read something even more stupid and mind numbing than what i read the day before

(not you fncyths)

sorry to come off like a hater here but man what the fuck is going on?
                Read less, post more.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

now that is advice rarely given
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Hahaha, well spotted. :-)
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                      • Jan 2014

It's both, I should have made that clear in my original post. It's just a matter of me not wanting to wear Geo's and someone tell me, "bro I saw Asap Rocky wearing those on hypebeast!" or some shit. I don't know, every way I say it makes me seem like some asshole hipster. Haha
                      Sounding like an asshole means you at least have a little conviction, so please don't give yourself that credibility. If you want to sound like an asshole, stand by what you say and stop back peddling every time you fuck up at effectively communicating a point.

It's been said here before and I'll say it again, ASAP's knowledge of fashion and interest in labels extends beyond just Rick and Raf (and beyond their 'insipid' looks/pieces). He wears everything from Gucci to Valentino too, takes risks with it, has fun, and remains genuine about it all. If somebody lumps you in the same sentence as him, take it as a compliment and stop crying over spilled milk.
                      "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                        Sounding like an asshole means you at least have a little conviction, so please don't give yourself that credibility. If you want to sound like an asshole, stand by what you say and stop back peddling every time you fuck up at effectively communicating a point.

It's been said here before and I'll say it again, ASAP's knowledge of fashion and interest in labels extends beyond just Rick and Raf (and beyond their 'insipid' looks/pieces). He wears everything from Gucci to Valentino too, takes risks with it, has fun, and remains genuine about it all. If somebody lumps you in the same sentence as him, take it as a compliment and stop crying over spilled milk.
                        A sentence "hey you are wearing the same piece of clothing %mediapersonname% wears" heavily implies "hey you are wearing this piece of clothing because %mediapersonname% wears it", so I can understand the desire to avoid such situations on this basis especially in a case of hip-hop culture, namesdropping, KTT, S!CK A$AP BLVCK MOB and everything else associated with 15 yo fans of his image. However, I prefer just not to deal with people who can make this assumption based on the clothes someone wears.

You might look for an old thread here dedicated to hip-hop guys being introduced to high fashion avant-garde, it might be useful for you.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

I didnt read all of the posts on the current subject, but something to consider.................What role does personal style and taste play in what we wear?
                          this seems to be something incredibly absent from the whole discussion of associations. For example, I see someone like shucks wearing a lot of Rick, but the way he wears it tells me he has a specific viewpoint of how he wants to look in the items. It is not styled according to the runway, nor is it relatable to anything else outside of his own personal taste and presentation of himself to the world around him.

If one is confident in their personal style and expression then I highly doubt the subject of who is wearing what brand becomes a factor of consideration in clothing choices.

I like people who buy things to keep and only sell it when it no longer fits or they think its better to rid themselves of it because it doesn't get enough wear rather than people who are afraid to shorten their sleeves or hem their pants and end up looking ridiculous because they are afraid that personalizing the garments is gonna affect its resale value.............
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

I wonder how many metres of gabardine, Yohji, has used over his entire career.
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                              I wonder how many metres of gabardine, Yohji, has used over his entire career.
                              Ha, good question!

Right on the money, Zam, yet again. Give the younguns something to chew on.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Alright I'm done, I promise.
                                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎