Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monoral
    • Mar 2014

Artisanal shoes aren't really made for long walk...

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

...because walking is for peasants, of whom we only aspire to look reminiscent.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

^ what he said, if youre shoes aren't comfortable to walk at least moderate distances in you've got the wrong shoes.

I've spent whole days walking around site-seeing in CCP footwear with no issues and regularly hike in Rick sneakers (not that they're "artisanal" as such). I don't hike in Rick boots here though as conditions tend to be muddy as fuck here compared to the tame trails back in Oz.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
          the idea of all black is starting to feel restricting to me. 3 years i've been buying only black clothes, not even grey, and now i feel like i'm getting tired of it. my need for color is getting stronger and stronger each time i see something from ro/drkshdw done in a beautiful shade of grey, brown, red... i mean, black is still my favorite, but browsing new arrivals i'm asking myself, do i really need another drkshdw tee in black? or another pods with the only difference is that the new pair will be in a lighter fabric?
          Don't need, don't buy :)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
            Artisanal shoes aren't really made for long walk...
            The one and only footwear nore comfy than a1923 sneakers in my opinion are Reebok Loknesocks, which are outdoor already.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

My Geos squeak when I walk over the office´s tiles, it reminds me of Spongebob´s squeaky boots every time. (btw: he´s wearing Rick´s elephant boots in this episode)
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Monoral
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                Which shoes are you talking about? I walk a lot in my MA+ boots and (while I suppose it's not "artisanal" as such) have basically gone hiking in my RO boots. Both super-comfy, very durable, etc.
                Hi man I was wearing A1923 front zip at the time. Usually I never wear these shoes more than to the office and the distances in between.
                However I was on a date and after being cutesy for a while the girl decided that we should take a walk. We walking for a while and after 45 minutes or so my feets really started to hurt. Turns out that when i got home my feets&toes were all blistered...

Originally posted by dji View Post
                ^ what he said, if youre shoes aren't comfortable to walk at least moderate distances in you've got the wrong shoes.

I've spent whole days walking around site-seeing in CCP footwear with no issues and regularly hike in Rick sneakers (not that they're "artisanal" as such). I don't hike in Rick boots here though as conditions tend to be muddy as fuck here compared to the tame trails back in Oz.
                I never had any problem wearing CCP footwear myself. Been wearing my Tornado rigorously. But then again I don't really do any longer distances hike with these type of shoes.

Originally posted by newp View Post
                The one and only footwear nore comfy than a1923 sneakers in my opinion are Reebok Loknesocks, which are outdoor already.
                I usually wear sneakers as well (geos, bambas) or just plain running shoes from Nike. These shoes doesn't fit the formal outfit i was wearing however so i had to forgo them and went for the nicer pair of shoes.
                Last edited by Monoral; 02-10-2015, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• guardimp
                  • Jun 2010

Why do you not just make that all one post?

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Senpai View Post
                    It sounds like you've already answered your question. If you feel the "need" to include color there's no reason not to. If anything it will just open you up to more styling possibilities and a new wardrobe. Besides, most of the "sz" designers offer really rich and interesting color options such as M.A+ and LUC, among many others. Give a try, I think you'll enjoy it.
                    Colour has been a hot topic at home!

I am trying to open myself up to more tones in the grey spectrum - mainly muted/moody ones such as dust and dark shadow, but we had an argument recently about whether I would wear that particular shade of silvery/iced/grey-blue that Rick sometimes uses. My partner said I would because it's Rick and therefore it works with my overall aesthetic but I disagree.

Simply because something is Rick, and is technically "grey" doesn't mean it's the right shade of grey for either my skin tone or the way I like present myself. Grey as a textile is so ambiguous, it can have undertones of so many other colours, it can be impossible to match and could really look like anything.

I would love to get some other thoughts on this. I have ALWAYS been a pedant when it comes to specific tones and colour-matching but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
                    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                      • Oct 2014

I would say grey needs just as much thought and time when used to pair with clothing of any colour. Grey seems to accentuate textures that may be less obvious with clothing that is in black, and I would say black is a shade where you can throw on varying shades of black and it would work in most cases, but the same can't be said for grey.

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

Why limit yourself to only wearing black? There is always going to be variation in the shades of differing pieces of clothing, why not utilize a larger palette?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

To put the focus on everything else that goes into styling: fit, proportion, fabrication, drape, silhouette, accessories, mood, personalized details, etc. I always assumed this was the main reason fashion people dressed in black, aside from the dark cool mysterious poetic whatever factor.

Comment

• guardimp
                            • Jun 2010

But why can you not focus on all that and color at the same time? Is it a matter of black vs color or just monocolor outfits?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

I don't know, I wear color too, and a mix. But I've noticed really good black fits sometimes prompt me to think "wait, so just what exactly is going on here" just a bit more than the ones involving color.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                                • May 2014

I just think colors may be confusing sometimes and if you're wearing a lot of them it may be that much harder to distinguish fabric,drape,texture etc... A lot of the time color just makes my attention veer from the more subtle details of a garment or outfit.

Originally posted by ahn View Post

I would love to get some other thoughts on this. I have ALWAYS been a pedant when it comes to specific tones and colour-matching but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
                                As a general rule i try to incorporate only 1 piece that isn't black in what i wear. I think it's much harder to play with multiple articles that are grey,blue or even red or green while still having black in an outfit. Contrasting footwear seems to be the easiest way for me. Now i don't know how this translates to Rick since i don't wear it but i'm assuming colors such as dust or ice could be styled pretty easily considering how muted they are. I don't think anything will be as powerful as a fully black outfit though.( i'm assuming you are on the pale side when you mention your complexion? the contrast is that much better)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎