X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    You (not Faust, btw, anyone who holds that opinion) can define away fashion people all you want to "those people" whose relationship to fashion you don't like but:

a) The average person looking at the average SZer sees a fashion person
    b) If you post on a board about fashion you're probably a fashion person, you're int o fashion. Maybe black fashion instead of pink fashion but there are many styles in fashunz.
    3) If you work in fashion do you really need to ask.
    For me, I definitely look at "fashion people" as a very strict generalization and thus I meant it strictly from my personal viewpoint and what I thought Faust might be touching on. I have no hate towards anyone who thinks they are a fashion master and thus more fashionable than anyone else into fashion. If you want, anyone can put fashion people to the definition of any person relating to fashion in any way but that is definitely not the way I was using it. Of course, any of us can be "fashion people" to anyone else looking in, but I don't think that the majority of the people on this site fit what my "fashion person" is. Your points are correct of course but what we are determining as "fashion people" are two different things so our points don't clash at all. I am of course a fashion enthusiast, I work in the industry as well but I do not consider myself an expert on fashion in general, I do not consider myself more fashionable than anyone else. I work in the corporate office of one of the major NYC department stores and I am surrounded by many people whom I consider "fashion people" and since I've been here, I'm the one person I've seen wearing anything directly related to the aesthetic that we appreciate on this site. So maybe I am someone else's definition of "fashion person" but I don't think that the majority of people here fit into the scope of what I personally consider "fashion people".
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      i wish i was banging a rich cunt
      fixed
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

Originally Posted by cjbreed
        i wish i was banging a rich cunt

Originally posted by zamb View Post
        fixed

hahahaa, on that note: I believe Tory Burch is still single!
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Maybe, though of course this is hyperbolic and reductive. Still, he comes from a certain cultural background which reflects in his work. As opposed to say Tory Burch, who, to use Fuuma's lexicon, is just a rich cunt who decided to make ballet flats.
          That's obviously hyperbolic but Rick said it...

I have to say I learnt Tory Burch existed on SZ...just like I did discover Kanye West because of PFW.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            That's obviously hyperbolic but Rick said it...

I have to say I learned Tory Burch existed on SZ...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

re: tory burch.....i've banged much worse
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                re: tory burch.....i've banged much worse
                music

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                  • Jan 2014

To me the term "fashion people" more specifically encompasses all of the faux-fabulous, I'm here and so is my outfit, everyone please notice and pay tribute, swines parading about the industry offices and fashion week shows and parties.

From the stylists that think they are god's gift to fashion because they might have a fitting with Kim K to the attention whores waiting to be photographed outside of shows that make it a pain in the ass for the actual attendees to go on their way.

These parasitic types exist in every sub-culture, whether it's in the form of an elitist sommelier or a guitar "virtuoso" that acts like he's the second coming of Eddie Van Halen but has never left his parents basement.

Just because I enjoy eating food on a daily basis doesn't make me a foodie.
                  "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ this
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Faust beat me to it but BrokenBoards, you really hit the nail on the head, a much better encapsulation of the thought.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by casem View Post
                        [IMG]well that escalated quickly[/IMG]

ok, ok....i'm done.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Mike Nouveau
                          interestingly I like Mikes combination of harnden with Augsuta, along with the way Vassili wears it well

Fuuma's Eclectic approach to what he wears (or in this case consumes) is interesting too.
                          guess in a way it fits into my pluralistic appreciation for design rather than a narrow view only reflective of my personal style.........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                            Just because I enjoy eating food on a daily basis doesn't make me a foodie.

Of course not. You have to put a picture of it up online as well
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                              Of course not. You have to put a picture of it up online as well
                              If you eat a meal and nobody sees it, did you actually eat it?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                                If you eat a meal and nobody sees it, did you actually eat it?
                                Yeah, Mike Nouveau! (twice in two pages!)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎