X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
    Depends on what you roll up in the maple leaf.
    i was curious since the colorful picture in trigger's discipline's earlier post appears on a dmt forum but i guess the point is to "blast off" under the tree rather than off the tree
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• guardimp
      • Jun 2010

I don't know of any psychoactive compounds produced by the maple tree, so I would have to agree with you on that.

Comment

• Fenix
        • Aug 2010

Alright, I'm convinced but I'm referencing this thread once I buy one and HR asks me if I can please change my sweatshirt.
        Originally posted by hausofblaq
        Grow up.

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

Unless you work with horticultural enthusiasts or in a company with ties to Japan I doubt most people will understand the nuances of the sweatshirt.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

So, I finished the New Yorker profile of Jonathan Ive that paints him and Steve Jobs as aesthetes par excellence. The question then is, why did/do they dress like shit? Do their aesthetic sensibilities that ran/run the gamut from gadgets to cars to home design somehow mysteriously bypassed clothes, the very thing closest to the body?
            http://www.newyorker.com/magazi…/2015/…/23/shape-things-come
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

^ Link doesn't work for me (and oddly directs me to facebook but crashes immediately)
              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

I was going to post this in the sports thread but second part makes it more of a random fashion thought:

Did my workout with a Uniqlo tee from their "Airism" collection, wow. Way better than my nike fit. It almost feels better than being shirtless.
                I know neither of those brands are ethical but I can't see how a ethical-artisanal company could attain this level of technology.
                As I'm more and more concerned about fast fashion issues, I thought I might be missing an ethical clothing company with high technology textiles. Something similar to Arc'teryx but for tee and workout clothes, no outershell and such.
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  So, I finished the New Yorker profile of Jonathan Ive that paints him and Steve Jobs as aesthetes par excellence. The question then is, why did/do they dress like shit? Do their aesthetic sensibilities that ran/run the gamut from gadgets to cars to home design somehow mysteriously bypassed clothes, the very thing closest to the body?
                  http://www.newyorker.com/magazi…/2015/…/23/shape-things-come
                  I couldn't finish the article as I ran out of fuck to give. Maybe we're just lionizing some gadget-makers and that's the problem. His tee shirts seemed allright if that is important (I googled him).
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

I think they're just incorrigible dudes from an older generation, and for them, fashion is vain and frivolous and for women.
                    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• hausofblaq
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      There's been a couple articles on why Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, the President and others that choose to wear the most bland stuff possible. It touches on decision fatigue, where it seems to waste energy and time to pick out an outfit so this is all taken away by just wearing the same outfit everyday. So while Steve Ives is a designer, I guess he just doesn't give a fuck about what he's wearing as long as his designs are great.

That aside, Steve Ives is a product designer where as a fashion designer is arguably a quite different line of work. His designs are simple yet innovative but most importantly standardized, whereas fashion is much more organic; how garments are worn will vary from person to person. So as a designer, he may not excel in a field of understanding more organic design as opposed to his more concrete designs and therefore doesn't attempt to delve into that field of design and aesthetics.

But I still stand by my first point, he just doesn't give a fuck about what he looks like.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Loving the compound person you just created there.
                        Also, Jonathan Ive seems to be quite a lot into working out, so I am sure he cares what he looks like.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• syed
                          • Sep 2010

To me choosing a single uniform that you never change doesn't sound like not caring about how you look...in fact the very opposite. You are so scared of people seeing something other than the singular strict vision you have of yourself, you refuse to let there be any change. Yes I'm sure it makes getting dressed easier, but I think they still care just as much as anyone else about how they look.
                          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• fncyths
                            • Apr 2010

yup. jony ive doesn't give a fuck about fashion

Originally posted by Shucks
                            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by syed View Post
                              To me choosing a single uniform that you never change doesn't sound like not caring about how you look...in fact the very opposite. You are so scared of people seeing something other than the singular strict vision you have of yourself, you refuse to let there be any change. Yes I'm sure it makes getting dressed easier, but I think they still care just as much as anyone else about how they look.
                              Steve Jobs wanted to introduce uniforms at Apple after seeing them on Sony´s employees on a trip to Japan. The reason they wore them was that after the war, a lot of the staff simply couldn´t afford clothing and so the company hooked them up.

That´s when Steve decided to create a uniform for himself and stocked up on Issey Miyake pullovers, Levi´s jeans and New Balance sneakers. His glasses were custom-made by a German manufacturer though.

Ive could probably make a lot of people wear normcore if placed in front of a white background.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• syed
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                The reason they wore them was that after the war, a lot of the staff simply couldn´t afford clothing and so the company hooked them up.
                                They had no choice in the matter though. These billionaires do, so the reasons are more complex.
                                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎