X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uncontrol
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    But why the name??? Why??? It automatically makes me hate them, regardless of quality, etc.
    It started out as a joke and a very small "in-crowd" thing, it was tongue-in-cheek. I don't think Drew ever expected it to become big.

At any rate, I'm very happy with mine: http://brad-t.tumblr.com/post/124339...-collaboration

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Uncontrol View Post
      It started out as a joke and a very small "in-crowd" thing, it was tongue-in-cheek. I don't think Drew ever expected it to become big.

At any rate, I'm very happy with mine: http://brad-t.tumblr.com/post/124339...-collaboration
      It fits you well...I'll give you that, and I assume the price-point is more accessible than most of what's discussed on this forum...but at the same time, I can tell the leather isn't of the same calibre.

If I was this Drew person, and I wanted those not in-the-know to take me seriously, I would consider a name change. Just my 2 cents.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Anthony
        • Dec 2011

Fresh and unique styles added new life into your personality.Colors combination play important role into your personality.
        Phoenix Kitchen Remodeling

Comment

• chaosen
          • Oct 2011

It fits you well...I'll give you that, and I assume the price-point is more accessible than most of what's discussed on this forum...but at the same time, I can tell the leather isn't of the same calibre.

If I was this Drew person, and I wanted those not in-the-know to take me seriously, I would consider a name change. Just my 2 cents.
          The leather on his jackets is actually really great for the price point - it's lambskin sourced from NZ and you really need to feel it in order to gauge the quality. I've owned a few leathers from TOJ and the quality has never been a letdown, compared to the Rick Owens leather I owned in lambskin.

Drew's actually brought up the name change idea several times, but he has a pretty large customer base already and I guess they're attached to the TOJ name. Nobody really spells out 'Temple of Jawnz' when referring to the company, even in speech, he prefers it to be called 'tahj'

Only thing is that the designs aren't really catered towards the SZ crowd

Comment

• docus
            • Dec 2010

My girlfriend is a knitwear designer. She was having a look at my L'Maltieri knitted cardigan, and she pointed out various technical aspects of the construction that had completely passed me by, such as some of the panels being reversed knit, juxtaposed with front-facing panels. Long and short of the story - it's no longer my cardigan...

Comment

• several_girls
              • Nov 2010

My grandmother on my dad's side compliments everything I wear every time I see her. Whenever I go see the extended family I usually wear pretty tame stuff, so this surprises me. I go into her house wearing adidas jogging sneakers, chinos and a hoodie she'll say, "Ho-ly man those are nice shoes. You're lookin like a million bucks kiddo!"

It's nice but it can be too much sometimes.

Anyone here wear head to toe Rick or Boris when seeing relatives for the holidays? I'd love to hear some stories.

Comment

• Yan
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by docus View Post
                My girlfriend is a knitwear designer. She was having a look at my L'Maltieri knitted cardigan, and she pointed out various technical aspects of the construction that had completely passed me by, such as some of the panels being reversed knit, juxtaposed with front-facing panels. Long and short of the story - it's no longer my cardigan...
                A good friend of mine is also a knitwear designer in London. I wonder it is she

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                  Anyone here wear head to toe Rick or Boris when seeing relatives for the holidays? I'd love to hear some stories.
                  My nearly 60 mother loves both Ann knits I own. Many of my young and hip friends do not, but fuck 'em.

My 60+ aunt is also in love with Ann Demeulemeester's work.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chaosen View Post
                    The leather on his jackets is actually really great for the price point - it's lambskin sourced from NZ and you really need to feel it in order to gauge the quality. I've owned a few leathers from TOJ and the quality has never been a letdown, compared to the Rick Owens leather I owned in lambskin.

Only thing is that the designs aren't really catered towards the SZ crowd
                    At the price you're very unlike to find anything better, that it's made to measure is even nicer, especially if you're a smaller individual. I hardly think it fair to compare a $700 jacket to a $3,000 one and expect the same materials.

About the only thing that would appeal to the SZ crowd is the fishtail, though

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                      At the price you're very unlike to find anything better, that it's made to measure is even nicer, especially if you're a smaller individual. I hardly think it fair to compare a $700 jacket to a $3,000 one and expect the same materials.

About the only thing that would appeal to the SZ crowd is the fishtail, though
                      When one can often find Julius et al. for $1000 (or less) used, I think it's fair to compare.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Uncontrol
                        • Feb 2008

The leather is really, really nice. It's a bit difficult to compare to most of the leather posted here since Drew's leather isn't treated or distressed in any way -- mine was given a simple wash simply because I don't have the option to do it myself without destroying the anaconda skin ...

But yeah, anyway, it's hard to compare the leather of say, a Julius jacket which is heavily washed and treated to this. Drew seems to think his leather quality fares well when compared to brands like that, and I trust him enough to believe that.

Granted I don't have huge experience with most of the brands posted here, but I'd say this lamb is at least as nice as the thick lamb Intarsia I tried on in NY.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Fair enough. Ricky's leathers have not impressed me thus far...I know there are a few standouts, but the few I've handled haven't held a match to Julius' leather (I won't even compare to those who use Guidi leather). Worth noting that not all Julius leathers are treated...I have a simple calfskin that is quite nice.

Anyway, to each their own I guess...but I stand by my stance that the name is ridiculous. For the sake of growth, I hope he reconsiders.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                            • Oct 2011

Fair enough. Ricky's leathers have not impressed me thus far...I know there are a few standouts, but the few I've handled haven't held a match to Julius' leather (I won't even compare to those who use Guidi leather). Worth noting that not all Julius leathers are treated...I have a simple calfskin that is quite nice.

Anyway, to each their own I guess...but I stand by my stance that the name is ridiculous. For the sake of growth, I hope he reconsiders.
                            The name is ridiculous, but it appeals to the audience he caters to, and for any business I think that's the most important thing to consider.I'm sure the lot of us could continue in this manner incessantly.

FWIW Julius is probably the leather I'll end up with, Seattle's clime be damned

Comment

• Uncontrol
                              • Feb 2008

Pretty much everyone just calls the brand TOJ now, maybe he will officially rename it to that. Even the Facebook page is TOJ, not Temple of Jawnz.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                                • Jan 2011

I think i want to break in to interest1's place and steal her hard drive's worth of images. mind blown by her new leather thread

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎