Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

^^ could not agree more. She should release the lot as public service!

Spurred by Dane, just went through last few collections of Rad Hourani. He would do well to stop sizes at 44/42 and leave the unisex to the more androgynous. The models for his menswear are just totally lacking in presenting otherwise interesting clothes.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

browsing waywt from way back one.
      got curious about a broken link, found the "updated" site with some pretty stunning texture shots

from luc/ccp materials to name a few

Comment

• bxc
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        Fair enough. Ricky's leathers have not impressed me thus far...I know there are a few standouts, but the few I've handled haven't held a match to Julius' leather (I won't even compare to those who use Guidi leather). Worth noting that not all Julius leathers are treated...I have a simple calfskin that is quite nice.

Anyway, to each their own I guess...but I stand by my stance that the name is ridiculous. For the sake of growth, I hope he reconsiders.
        i find all your posts about this kind of funny because 4~ years ago drew was postin fits on sufu in yurius leather

he knows he's in a niche market.. it's not always about growth

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

does anyone here ever think that they might seriously have some kind of shopping and/or clothing addiction? honestly, i think the next DSM should include some kind of syndrome, and call it like, 'sartorial sickness' or something

*CRIES MELODRAMATICALLY*

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

eBay for iPad makes international shopping so easy.

why

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
              does anyone here ever think that they might seriously have some kind of shopping and/or clothing addiction? honestly, i think the next DSM should include some kind of syndrome, and call it like, 'sartorial sickness' or something

*CRIES MELODRAMATICALLY*
              Definitely...I've spent so much this year that I've vowed to take a 6-month break as of Jan. 1. I fear if I don't, I'll be the best dressed diner at the soup kitchen.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

mos def. i had an epiphany while typing in sharpservices' email address into paypal a while back: another piece of black clothing (or a white shirt) is giving diminishing returns at this point. i'm buying out of habit. that rising elation of searching, and finding, a rag that fits this bill. the victorious warmth of finalising the buy. after that it's all christmas eve as a child waiting for it to arrive. wait wait wait, then, seeing that well known ems packaging on my doorstep, tearing it open with a childs vigour. try it on, oooh, that texture, notice the seams?, the craftsmanship!... but the satisfaction fades and melts into familliarity - always too soon. once again that god damn browser opens and away i go.

i mean, it didn't stop me from getting this killer deal on a piece i had to have, though i did think about it a little more.

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

yea, that's pretty much it. haven't felt that wonderful 'waiting' sensation in a little over a week. insomnia, tremors, and the incessant sweating should ensue any day now unless i get some demeulemeester to snort

"god grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change; courage to change the things i can; and wisdom to know the difference."

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

If the feeling is starting to wane it means you need to up the dosage.

Comment

• Uncontrol
                      • Feb 2008

Does anyone here have experience over-dying? I have a pair of black jeans with a white weft that I wanted to over-dye, and now I see that there is a small bleach spot on them as well ... will over-dyeing cover it?

My plan is to put alcohol on the bleach spot, fill it in with a marker of some kind, and then over-dye them.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

This is the first year that I've noticed that packages arrive and I forget what's in them. Not a good sign.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

^ lol. if you wanna up the melodrama...

Step 1.
                          Sell all your stuff that isn't a grail.

Step 2.
                          Try to achieve the fabled "minimal" wardrobe.
                          eg:
                          a "perfect" pair of pant, jacket, coat, shirt, a few tees

imo 2-3 bottoms, 1 jacket, 1 coat, a few tees, 2-3 knits, 2-3 shoes

I think it's possible...

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I strive for exactly that...not easy though! And I really dislike the process of selling things.

I'm not doing too terrible though...2 coats, 2 fall-weight jackets, 2 spring-weight jackets, 2 spring-weight leathers, 2 suits, 2 jumpers, 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of pants, a cardigan, a hoodie, a pair of derbys, a pair of back zips, 2 pairs of sneakers, a few scarves, and nearing 130 bottles of perfume.

Anyway, I'm good at the one-in one-out rule, but it happens far, far too frequently. I'm always one-upping something I just bought with the latest & greatest. I have to learn to be happy with what I have, which is a lot.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

^ well i think i've a few pieces i wont ever move... the problem is acquiring the other pieces... plus. WHAT IF THEY BREAK? :(

anyway...

does anyone have any nice pics of shorter ppl (men) rocking ann? I'm becoming more and more disheartened. I feel I will never be privy to her gorgeous romanticism.... 5'6/5'7 does me no favors.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                                ^ well i think i've a few pieces i wont ever move... the problem is acquiring the other pieces... plus. WHAT IF THEY BREAK? :(

anyway...

does anyone have any nice pics of shorter ppl (men) rocking ann? I'm becoming more and more disheartened. I feel I will never be privy to her gorgeous romanticism.... 5'6/5'7 does me no favors.

Just check out Faust and Macro and House of Dis older WAYWT pics, they are all about the same height as you and they wear Ann well.....
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎