• Show
Clear All
  • Halber Mensch
    • Oct 2011

Happy Birthday Ann D!

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

To chime in on the "sartorial sickness" discussion, I've reached a point where I feel that my wardrobe is pretty much complete. There's still room for a few great stand out pieces, but I have everything that I need by now, I don't have any cravings left. Any new piece is a welcome addition but superfluous. It's a really nice feeling since I haven't had the need to search ebay and the classifieds for my next fix.

Ironically it has been years since I've had so little clothes on my racks. I removed every piece that I didn't actually wear and now I'm left with much cleaner, less cluttered racks. I'd call it a minimalist wardrobe but not to the extreme mentioned above, which in my opinion doesn't sound very practical.

Two white shirts,
      One white tee,
      One white tank,
      One black shirt,
      Two black tees,
      One black tank,
      Two black knits,
      One black waistcoat,
      Two black blazer jackets,
      One black leather,
      One black coat,
      One pair of drop crotch shorts,
      One pair of skirted pants,
      One pair of slim pants,
      One pair of wide pants,
      One pair of jeans,
      One pair of drop crotch pants,

That's a total of 21 pieces which all are absolutely great and get wear.

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

Mental note to self: hold up on the spending and leave a healthy amount of funds for annual sales.

Missed out on way too many deals as I'm dead broke now.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

janome sewing machines?
          seriously?

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by nictan View Post
            Mental note to self: hold up on the spending and leave a healthy amount of funds for annual sales.

^ Word dude...word. I am absolutely ramming my head on the wall looking at the prices of some pieces.

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by nictan View Post

i can echo this sentiment! blow everything directly before sales then check as size smalls slowly dwindle away while 'ing

Comment

• Denpatou
                • Jan 2010

^^plz check your pm~

at 5'5" myself, i share your pain cowsareforeating--although i haven't given up hope just yet (there's always women's pieces...)
                SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                  Step 1.
                  Sell all your stuff that isn't a grail.

Step 2.
                  Try to achieve the fabled "minimal" wardrobe.

i'd love to do this but selling things online is such a hassle...
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                    To chime in on the "sartorial sickness" discussion, I've reached a point where I feel that my wardrobe is pretty much complete. There's still room for a few great stand out pieces, but I have everything that I need by now, I don't have any cravings left. Any new piece is a welcome addition but superfluous. It's a really nice feeling since I haven't had the need to search ebay and the classifieds for my next fix.

Ironically it has been years since I've had so little clothes on my racks. I removed every piece that I didn't actually wear and now I'm left with much cleaner, less cluttered racks. I'd call it a minimalist wardrobe but not to the extreme mentioned above, which in my opinion doesn't sound very practical.

Two white shirts,
                    One white tee,
                    One white tank,
                    One black shirt,
                    Two black tees,
                    One black tank,
                    Two black knits,
                    One black waistcoat,
                    Two black blazer jackets,
                    One black leather,
                    One black coat,
                    One pair of drop crotch shorts,
                    One pair of skirted pants,
                    One pair of slim pants,
                    One pair of wide pants,
                    One pair of jeans,
                    One pair of drop crotch pants,

That's a total of 21 pieces which all are absolutely great and get wear.
                    This might be totally anal of me, but how do you avoid the "different-blacks-syndrome" with so many black pieces? Although you didn't mentioned what colour your pants were...
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

^
                      Well, always be sure that the piece you're buying is a true black. A lot is very dark brown, dark blue et cetera. You may not notice it on the rack, but as soon as you compare to something 'truly black' the difference becomes obvious. Of course, nothing is really 'truly black' and there will always be a slight difference in shade. Mostly it's invisible, but as long as it varies in texture it doesn't matter much if it is the exact same shade of black. I hope that it was what you meant. And all my pants and shoes are black, heh.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        [/B]

Just check out Faust and Macro and House of Dis older WAYWT pics, they are all about the same height as you and they wear Ann well.....
                        thanks z... i did NOT know macro was "short" like myself...

im afraid its my face holding me back because if i dress up too much i end up looking like a korean pop star trying too hard.. hahah

face needs more "character" -- that or facial hair which i cannot grow :(

In regards to minimal wardrobe -- 21 pieces is pretty much there HWith. Well done!
                        It varies from person to person I suppose?

I'm taking steps as I have a folder of pictures for grail hunting! I wish some of the older members with legendary wardrobes (DIEGO.... uparmoured) would post detail closet pics that are updated but alas...

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Halber Mensch View Post
                          Happy Birthday Ann D!
                          I thought it's tomorrow?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            This might be totally anal of me, but how do you avoid the "different-blacks-syndrome" with so many black pieces? Although you didn't mentioned what colour your pants were...
                            Much of it is in the fabrics. Black wool will match better with other black wool, and not very well with black cotton. Wool/cashmere takes the dye better than cotton.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rilu
                              cows, no reason to regret facial hair or to think facial characteristics would hold you back. it might be the case that A. Demeulemeester's pieces won't always fit you because of you height (i have similar concerns), but you've got tons of others that will :) I think the styling similar to the one that thedevilisinthedetails has shown in his fit pics would fit you great (hairstyle included).
                              I don't have problems in the torso area - it's the sleeves that kill you. Luckily I have Zam on my side. The tees do tend to be long.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Much of it is in the fabrics. Black wool will match better with other black wool, and not very well with black cotton. Wool/cashmere takes the dye better than cotton.
                                I find it harder to pull off blacks in the same fabric...ie: black wool blazer with non-matching black wool pants. This is why I have so much grey in my wardrobe in varying shades.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎