• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by timm3h View Post
    Really excited for Anrealage on the 29th, very interested in what new visual tricks Morinaga has up his sleeve!

15SS

15AW
    Me too! SZ mag photographer is there now.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I've gotten pretty immune to high price tags, but the $1,000 Balmain cotton sweatpants still make me chuckle.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• En.
        • May 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I've gotten pretty immune to high price tags, but the $1,000 Balmain cotton sweatpants still make me chuckle.
        The only thing those consumers have to identify they're wearing Balmain sweatpants is telling everyone they're wearing Balmain.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Fancy sweatpants are Putin-Approved though.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

almost as good as dmitry medvedev wearing raf simons

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

I wonder why do they tend to make a fuss out of it regarding the price of the item. I mean, someone buys it as the brand keeps running, so why can't a president of a country dress in a subtle looking yet expensive clothing? Is this because he used it for a workout?

Comment

• Arkady
                • Apr 2011

Yeah might have something to do with him wearing a pair of sweatpants that cost 15% of GDP per capita in his country.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Хорошо, что с политикой разобрались парой страниц раньше!

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
                    Хорошо, что с политикой разобрались парой страниц раньше!
                    Aahaha вы правы, это огромное облегчение!

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Stefan Petzner in Jeremy Scott for Adidas is also a great classic.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Every now and then, I read fashion people bitching about fashion people, and it's not all unwarranted, but it takes guts to dress like this. It takes a strong sense of "fuck it," and I can't not respect that.
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

I'm like 90% certain I'm getting this shoes, to wear with otherwise sz appropriate (prob grey based) looks. lololololol. will def be the only straight guy who hates colorful clothing wearing these.

(seriously though, such a combination evokes things that I love like http://rougesfoam.blogspot.com/2014/...-war-with.html or the track below)
                          Last edited by trentk; 10-01-2015, 01:23 AM.
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• mizzar
                            • Mar 2008

2Faust but Haider Ackermann 995 usd cotton sweatpants is somehow ok?
                            Overpriced is overpriced.
                            ____
                            sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

No, it's not Ok. What makes you think I think it's ok? Just because I did not say it? Balmain is just something that popped into my mind as I was researching an article. Last I checked this thread was called RANDOM fashion thoughts?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lex1017
                                • Jul 2015

I think the mentality of some people in fashion (and in other things well) is strange and funny at times. There are these invisible lines and pyramid segments where designers exist, and once more people catch on to said designers, these high and mighty types start scoffing at these "fan boys" even if they like it. I have never liked that thinking and as I have said before I think you should like what you like. I definitely get if the designers quality control has wained or their designs have strayed from their origins, but looking down on someone because they like something that is "played" is so wack. Ultimately if they are "hype" kind of people they will get weeded out anyway so why give a fuck. I guess I don't like pretentious people.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎