Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

been cleanin out my closets slowly , tossin shit into a get rid of pile and a keep pile . im seriously thinkin bout not buyin new stuff every godfuckin dam season unless i reallllly want somethin and instead use that $$ to hunt down all the old dh pieces i never got my hands on when it was " current season " . theres a bunch of dh im totally rediscoverin in my closets that i forgot i had , its kinda like i just bought new stuff all over again cept its not new , and even tho its from yrs ago its STILL fun as all hell to wear again . im lookin over some of my many purchases from past few yrs and not much of it retains that same excitement that old dh has for me

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

all of the black in my wardrobe seems to match one another, but i've run into the black conundrum when trying on new things in the past.

all of my black pants get redyed as they fade
      still, while almost all of my wardrobe is black and navy blue I don't think I've worn an all black outfit since high school.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jogu View Post
        been cleanin out my closets slowly , tossin shit into a get rid of pile and a keep pile . im seriously thinkin bout not buyin new stuff every godfuckin dam season unless i reallllly want somethin and instead use that $$ to hunt down all the old dh pieces i never got my hands on when it was " current season " . theres a bunch of dh im totally rediscoverin in my closets that i forgot i had , its kinda like i just bought new stuff all over again cept its not new , and even tho its from yrs ago its STILL fun as all hell to wear again . im lookin over some of my many purchases from past few yrs and not much of it retains that same excitement that old dh has for me
        You look good in DH from what I recall...so I say hunt.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• comedyzen
          • May 2009

Happy New Year Motha Suckas!!

Getting off the "cleaning out the closet" topic (which I need to do as well).

I love when a woman wears calf high boots but the one thing that irks me is when they wear them loose on top, leaving a gap/space all around their leg at the boot opening (like a moat). IMO, the calf high boot looks best when it is "seals" the leg, leaving no gap.

I see this loose look all the time here in SF and don't know why I am bothered by it. Can't say this look is wrong, but it is one I do not support. Also, leather boots are never supposed to be worn with a North Face jacket (another fashion pairing indigenous to the Bay Area).

Saw a lot of boots worn loose last night and it almost ruined by new year turnover!!! Well, not really.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

^ i dislike their defense that they're not "TRYING" to look good -- what... you say you aren't trying so you can't fail? irksome to say the least.

be glad about sf. i live in sd now, where sweatpants and uggs dominate. -____-

Comment

• comedyzen
              • May 2009

The "not trying" may apply to the North Face, but the loose boots are "trying." TBH, I have seen a lot of very sexy/well curated outfits, but the moat atop boot is applied, and that just ruins it for me.

Uggs unfortunately dominate SF too.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                • Jan 2011

i dont get where the mentality of expensive handbag makes dressing sloppy okay. -____-

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

I have a feeling that when people buy boots they don't consider the fit of the upper. Also, leather stretches (and often cheap boots will have a stretch-faux leather upper which stretches even more).

Either way, people are stupid, so that explains pretty much every problem in life.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

hope everyone had a good time

-ing last night

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

^Now that's a party face.

My random thought, I wonder how this weather is affecting coat/sweater business. For the first time in awhile I didn't buy any coats this season and only one light sweater. I wonder if it's the weather since I've hardly had a chance to wear the heavy winter stuff I already own. It's probably for the best that I've bought less, but I am a little sad to have missed out on the Plokhov asymmetrical tailored coat which is long gone by now...
                      music

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                        • Oct 2011

I know I wigged out of grabbing a Silent parka because I realized that in all likelihood I was never going to use it this year. Will wait til mid-Summer and hope people start letting go of theirs

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by JoniF
                          She can be happy too:

EDIT: The geometric neckline of her shirt makes this outfit for me.
                          OMG, that's an adorable picture of her! Saved. Thank you!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

moved into the new house this week, really love it. kids are well adjusted. got first mortgage bill and it looks like clothing will be taking a back seat for quite a while.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

:( but kunk you need to poast fits and cynical remarks!

Comment

• Uncontrol
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                                it looks like clothing will be taking a back seat for quite a while.
                                You say this every six months.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎