Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex1017
    • Jul 2015

Does it bum any of you guys out when your local favourite store carries this crap? I thought about this today. Working as a small shop is definitely grind season to season. Some things work some don't. I feel like if my favourite store carried this stuff it would make me question their passion/respect for clothes. Being as it is through Adidas, with footwear and their usual sportswear you would need an account, and a minimum buy per season. With this there is no risk. They bring it in, it sells in a day, they cash out, the end. These retailers now have a crutch. I am not saying this is going to pay all the bills, but every season they can bring it in and make a killing. Almost like selling out I guess? This is a business but I don't know. This stuff gives me a bad feeling.

Comment

• NOHSAD
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
      Does it bum any of you guys out when your local favourite store carries this crap? I thought about this today. Working as a small shop is definitely grind season to season. Some things work some don't. I feel like if my favourite store carried this stuff it would make me question their passion/respect for clothes. Being as it is through Adidas, with footwear and their usual sportswear you would need an account, and a minimum buy per season. With this there is no risk. They bring it in, it sells in a day, they cash out, the end. These retailers now have a crutch. I am not saying this is going to pay all the bills, but every season they can bring it in and make a killing. Almost like selling out I guess? This is a business but I don't know. This stuff gives me a bad feeling.
      You're not the only one. This is no different than when ATELIER announced they were carrying the Adidas Yeezy Boost Low sneakers (raffle system and all the mayhem to boot). People took to their FB and IG, voicing out how much bullshit it was and that the new ATELIER's a sell out.

Patron of the New also carried the Yeezy Boost as well (however they were low key about it ). It was......unexpected for me, to see stores like those two who carries clothing of a certain style go ahead and do this sort of left field action. Yeezy on luisaviaroma and Antonioli......

Boring garbage like Yeezy Season is what's going to help stores like Atelier, who closed down the first time make business. because Nowadays, Hype. Sells .
      "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

its definitely selling out to me. for most boutiques, it's not catering to the clientele they try and cultivate, and they know well enough that their clientele isn't going to be interested in it now that it's being carried by whatever avant garde boutique starts to stock it. it shows a lack of integrity to me.

i have a real respect for boutiques that know, care, and interact with their customers, as well as understand said look, and put on events and bring in brands to supplement and enhance that, not the ones that pander to every idiot who will overpay for a shirt.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
          its definitely selling out to me. for most boutiques, it's not catering to the clientele they try and cultivate, and they know well enough that their clientele isn't going to be interested in it now that it's being carried by whatever avant garde boutique starts to stock it. it shows a lack of integrity to me.

i have a real respect for boutiques that know, care, and interact with their customers, as well as understand said look, and put on events and bring in brands to supplement and enhance that, not the ones that pander to every idiot who will overpay for a shirt.
          And when they go out of business for lack of sales?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
            • Nov 2014

Don't get me wrong, the first thought when I found out Atelier, Patron and Hotveli was carrying Yeezy sneakers was "WHY, WHY WHAT THE FUCK WHY?! ". Rationality kicked in and I realized this:

- I'm not going to piss away my money on some lackluster sneakers, or anything from the upcoming collections. So it's all good, i'm not their target audience.

- I still appreciate said three stores at the end of the day. Yes they sell some clothing that to us on SZ, would make us mentally cringe. However, they still carry the brands we know and love while still doing events and introducing new designers who are genuinely worthy of their business.
            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I know, I want a purist shop, too. I actually think that you don't have to dilute a shop to such a degree. But I like the idea of these stores taking the hype beast money and buying good stuff with it. Ideally.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Even though I'm annoyed by the emails, I don't really mind stores I like carrying it. If it helps cool stores stay in business, then I say that's about the only good thing to come out of it. I'm wondering if it's going to backfire though, I have a feeling the clothes aren't going to sell nearly as well as they've been hyped to.
                music

Comment

• NOHSAD
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by casem View Post
                  Even though I'm annoyed by the emails, I don't really mind stores I like carrying it. If it helps cool stores stay in business, then I say that's about the only good thing to come out of it. I'm wondering if it's going to backfire though, I have a feeling the clothes aren't going to sell nearly as well as they've been hyped to.
                  Nah, there's enough First-Gen rich kids, Fuckbois, Hypebeast and Trend Slaves to buy into this shit . Win-win for Kayne and the Retailers honestly.

Apparently, this was how Barneys looked like this morning as far as the front of the store....

I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a meme out of these group of guys.

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• Lex1017
                    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I know, I want a purist shop, too. I actually think that you don't have to dilute a shop to such a degree. But I like the idea of these stores taking the hype beast money and buying good stuff with it. Ideally.
                    So bitter sweet, but this is ultimately my feelings. There is something about people feeling legitimized in any industry without paying any dues (learning the basics would be a start) that really doesn't sit well with me. Especially when said person is unaware of their lack of legitimacy. This is also my outlook on oblivious people. I feel they need to be alerted of their obliviousness so they can LEARN. The classic response to me would be YOU'RE A FUCKING HATER BRO. But there is no hate involved. I just think as a fan of something, you should want to work to be accepted, not pay your way into something. Fuck me, I don't know.

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

And when they go out of business for lack of sales?
                      its fine in the case that its genuinely the only way for a shop to stay alive, but in the case of those not needing the extra boost, then im less for it. it's a double edged sword, and im a bit of an idealist because in the end of the day it still is a business.

can't have it all, i guess.

also, there is no way they couldn't sell out. it amazes me, but its a fact of life nevertheless.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                        • Sep 2015

Once they see the contribution margins are much larger with hypebeast fare, I'm not so sure they'll remain pure. :'(
                        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

I like the idea of these stores taking the hype beast money and buying good stuff with it. Ideally.
                          Even some of the best/most skilled designers have to work for boring corporate clients they´d rather avoid. It keeps the machine running.
                          I´d rather have my favorite store sell some Yeezis on the side than have it close.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Sean said: 'They are comfortable and I like the colors and the hues. Colors and hues are two different things; colors are solid and hues are translucent.

Solid article.
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

PoTN is super hypebeast asian though, I liked the lady who helped me out when I went and I spent a good time talking to the security guard about mad et len, he gets to stand next to it and he was a nice guy, I would like to chat with him again.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• vtlynch
                                • Sep 2015

Since the discussion is still on Yeezy season... my question is about margins.

$2500 for a "destroyed sweater". Based off the description, that item is made in china. Based off the photos, it dosent even look like they finished/sewed the holes.

It couldnt have cost more than $100 to make that sweater. I wonder what the whole sale price was. This must be the highest margin collection Adidas has ever made?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎