Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • En.
    • May 2015

The last comment someone made about my outfit was that I looked like Kylo Ren. A Sith trend will happen now that SW is back.

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
      A lot of our folks here worked on Ghost in the Shell as well, won't say who as I'm not sure I can.
      Thats cool! GitS is one of my favorite Anime movies with one of the best soundtracks.
      Grailed link

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
        • Sep 2015

A lot of our folks here worked on Ghost in the Shell as well, won't say who as I'm not sure I can.

By the way you guys aren't the only ones who think that./

"Avant-garde design, amazing texture with a dark side Star Wars like pattern going on."
        Are you talking about the live-action adaptation? Man that's awesome and everything, but what they're going to do to the source material frightens me.
        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Live action version, there's a cinema thread if we wanna complain about that though I was just mentioning SZ designers' growing involvement in film.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

Live action version, there's a cinema thread if we wanna complain about that though I was just mentioning SZ designers' growing involvement in film.
            I take any chance I can to complain - my bad.

To veer this back to the discussion somewhat... I just saw Star Wars at the behest of my brother and friend. It was alright. Ray's (?) wardrobe (and hair) just constantly reminded me of InAisce. To echo En., I feel like I'm about to get more Sith comments than Matrix comments on my outfits.
            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
              I take any chance I can to complain - my bad.

To veer this back to the discussion somewhat... I just saw Star Wars at the behest of my brother and friend. It was alright. Ray's (?) wardrobe (and hair) just constantly reminded me of InAisce. To echo En., I feel like I'm about to get more Sith comments than Matrix comments on my outfits.
              i had the same thoughts! i had some julius pieces that felt very much like what ray wore.

it's a really obvious and overdone comparison, but it's rooted in very similar visual elements that, as a lifelong fan of wars, i quite enjoy having in my wardrobe.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

For some reason I was getting Issey vibes from Rey. InAisce makes sense though, since his stuff is sort of rooted in the Middle East with regard to design.

Comment

• fredokin
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                  Ray's (?) wardrobe (and hair) just constantly reminded me of InAisce.
                  I thought the same, but not until I saw her outfit in the final scene. That grey fabric really made it click for me.
                  Originally posted by gregor
                  it's terribly lit

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                    • Jan 2007

I don't like this trend of film (and music) taking a very direct influence from fashion. If anything, it should be the other way around.
                    Originally posted by jogu
                    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                      I don't like this trend of film (and music) taking a very direct influence from fashion. If anything, it should be the other way around.
                      It's all interconnected. Cinema and music has undoubtedly inspired many collections, and I think it's totally awesome that the work of designers we love increasingly ends up on film and tv, as well as on musician's backs.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

Why so? When has film, in it's 145 years, not taken a cue from fashion?

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Definitely not a trend. Movies have been doing it forever. Pandora's Box (1929) for instance, used almost all of the main character's clothing from couturier Jean Patou. Many movies during that time used couturiers to dress their stars.

I wish fashion would use couture again to the extent that it used to. Would love to see Iris' pieces in sci-fi or fantasy films.
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Right, and as far as autogenesis goes how would you envision this process occurs -- films are supposed to influence fashion with the fashion they depict, which someone has to come up with in the first place... I would imagine a fashion designer is a good fit for that job.

I can recall fashion films from Paris from 1909 at latest -- of course there has always been synergy between extremely two visual formats, especially since garments must move to be appreciated.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Craig Green seems to get better and better with each season, really liked his show

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Why not post it in the collections subforum?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎